LED Lights worth the $$$

abqbw

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Are the LED lights worth the $1180 (I think) they cost as an option on a Lariat Tremor with Ultimate package? I’m interested in only the functional aspect, not the “look”. Thank you.

100% Especially if you spend any significant amount of time off the well lit path. Or you could always add an aftermarket light bar. Me personally I made sure I got the LED. I do a lot of gravel and back road driving in long dark days.

For sure! LEDs are better looking, better lighting, better visibility, less heat. How can you go wrong?

For sure! LEDs are better looking, better lighting, better visibility, less heat. How can you go wrong?
100% Especially if you spend any significant amount of time off the well lit path. Or you could always add an aftermarket light bar. Me personally I made sure I got the LED. I do a lot of gravel and back road driving in long dark days.
I spend a ton of time driving on gravel roads driving in the middle of nowhere too. I can’t believe how much they cost! I guess I better suck it up and add them to my build. Placing the order Monday...

I live down a gravel road. Still worth it.

I have the halogen...this is the main one thing I wish I had. Will probably upgrade in the future. The halogen aren't terrible but the LED are worth it. If you were to buy stock LED after getting halogen, the cost to upgrade the lights is around 3400$

I believe they're worth the 1100$

Absolutely worth the money. The function and look are amazing.

Thank you for the opinions and advice. I’ll add the LEDs to my special order tomorrow.

TFL complains about the halogens on their "super tremor" build, so I made sure I optioned the LEDS. You can't believe everything on YouTube, but those guys seems to have decent opinions.

[Edit: can for can't, typo]

Last edited:
I think they are definitely worth the extra money. If you wait and try and upgrade later it's going to cost you quite a bit more than the $1100 Ford charges. I really think this should be standard on a Lariat - nearly $75,000 truck.

Looks like its tough to get the LEDs with the Lariat Sport Package (black out). When I try to build it on the site it keeps reverting me back to chrome front end

Looks like its tough to get the LEDs with the Lariat Sport Package (black out). When I try to build it on the site it keeps reverting me back to chrome front end

LEDs come with the sport package, they are smoked LEDs, so when you try to add the regular LEDS as a separate item its takes the sport package off. Rest assured the sport package for 2020 does come with LED headlights

I saw a video the other day with a sales manager going over the packages. He pointed out what you said, with the sport/blackout the LEDs are not available.

I saw a video the other day with a sales manager going over the packages. He pointed out what you said, with the sport/blackout the LEDs are not available.

Misinformation. It’s frustrating how much bad info is out there

If you were to compare the costs to upgrade them they will definitely will not pay for themselves. You have to drive the truck for 5 years plus in order for it to make any financial sense.

:ROFLMAO:

Sorry, just had to. I like the look of the LED's any they are fairly decent on light output...

But unless you do a lot of night time driving they aren't worth it during the day light hours..
:sneaky: oops, sorry I did it again.

If you were to compare the costs to upgrade them they will definitely will not pay for themselves. You have to drive the truck for 5 years plus in order for it to make any financial sense.

:ROFLMAO:

Sorry, just had to. I like the look of the LED's any they are fairly decent on light output...

But unless you do a lot of night time driving they aren't worth it during the day light hours..
:sneaky: oops, sorry I did it again.

haha, now that has to win funniest post of the month! I nearly spit out my drink when I read that. ? ?

Yep. Sorry to spread it. I saw someone else’s post here and looked at the ordering guide after I posted....

Don't worry about it! We are all learning about this new truck, options, configurations, and there are a ton of 'em!

Back