LED in grille, upfitter switch

davjohn28

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250
Looking to mount a small led bar in the grille and wire it in to one of the upfitter switches. I’ve never owned a 3/4 or anything with the upfitter switches…. How DIY is it to run wiring to the switches?

Looking to mount a small led bar in the grille and wire it in to one of the upfitter switches. I’ve never owned a 3/4 or anything with the upfitter switches…. How DIY is it to run wiring to the switches?
You don't need to run anything into the cab or the switches themselves. All you have to do is run to the designated factory upfitter relay box that is under the hood. (y)

Like BroncoHooves said, simple as can be. Just ground to a good ground point or battery and then connect to upfitter wire for switch being used. I used crimp connectors that had heat shrink on them, just be careful you don't aim the heat gun the wrong way and start to melt the battery wrap ?‍♂️

I also ran the wire in 1/4" flex tube to give it some more protection.

Erik

Ok great, so there is a relay box under hood that will obviously be numbered for the perspective upfitter switch and I’ll wire hot right to it?

Latest Discussions

Back