LED’s Aimed Stupid Low at Delivery

ICT Tremor

Tremoraholic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F350 KR Ultimate Tremor
Well I never thought I’d have this problem, as the opposite seems predominant, but driving my new truck home 300 miles in the dark last night left A LOT to be desired in forward lighting. They are set to cast maybe 1-1.5 seconds of light in front of you at highway speeds. Legitimately aimed so low they are dangerous. Drove almost the entire trip with my high beams on and got flashed just a couple of times.

Anyone else seeing this?

Just a thought here, I don't really know, but aimed low on purpose so that when a load is placed in bed and you squat, the lamps are not too high.

Well I never thought I’d have this problem, as the opposite seems predominant, but driving my new truck home 300 miles in the dark last night left A LOT to be desired in forward lighting. They are set to cast maybe 1-1.5 seconds of light in front of you at highway speeds. Legitimately aimed so low they are dangerous. Drove almost the entire trip with my high beams on and got flashed just a couple of times.

Anyone else seeing this?
Just adjust them how you want them....

Phillips head screw driver..... shine on a wall and viola...

Attachments

• 933F5986-E0FC-4A59-80D3-99C2FE807978.jpeg
    933F5986-E0FC-4A59-80D3-99C2FE807978.jpeg
    295.2 KB · Views: 58
Well I broke out the owner's manual and set the headlights to spec just now. In a situation where small adjustments make big differences, mine were aimed low by a full 8 inches.

Spec is headlamp 25 feet away from whatever wall or whatnot you are using, and light beam cut-off at top should match the height of the little "o" in the center of the headlamp lens (in the case of my LED's, the lower of the two lights). So that made roughly 37 inches as factory spec; mine were at 29 inches.

Not sure if it is up to the dealer or the factory to do the aiming, but one or the other literally did nothing I would assume. Lights were bolted on at the factory, and then not setup at all.

Based on guys getting flashed, and me having unsafe low beam adjustment, I'd say its probably not a bad idea for everyone to check theirs' out to confirm.

Well I broke out the owner's manual and set the headlights to spec just now. In a situation where small adjustments make big differences, mine were aimed low by a full 8 inches.

Spec is headlamp 25 feet away from whatever wall or whatnot you are using, and light beam cut-off at top should match the height of the little "o" in the center of the headlamp lens (in the case of my LED's, the lower of the two lights). So that made roughly 37 inches as factory spec; mine were at 29 inches.

Not sure if it is up to the dealer or the factory to do the aiming, but one or the other literally did nothing I would assume. Lights were bolted on at the factory, and then not setup at all.

Based on guys getting flashed, and me having unsafe low beam adjustment, I'd say its probably not a bad idea for everyone to check theirs' out to confirm.
Picked mine up 2 weeks ago, same as you they were practically aimed 10 feet in front of the truck. It took 4 whole rations of the adjustment screw to get them in check.

Anyone else seeing this?
Mine were aimed low as well, I was initially disappointed that these lights were crappier than my 2015s but I need to get out there and adjust them

Back