Leather seat issues

2020Tremor73

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor
Anybody else already have issues with their leather seat covers splitting? This happened at 3500 miles. The leather quality seems very poor and have read that ford has had issues for years with their leather seat covers but this is ridiculous.

Attachments

• E6068135-700E-4476-9937-1EFE93498521.jpeg
    E6068135-700E-4476-9937-1EFE93498521.jpeg
    347.4 KB · Views: 326
Anybody else already have issues with their leather seat covers splitting? This happened at 3500 miles. The leather quality seems very poor and have read that ford has had issues for years with their leather seat covers but this is ridiculous.

Wow, that's not good. I had a 2013 F150 with black leather, no problems after 3 years. I haven't had any issues with my 2017 Raptor either. Have you contacted the dealer already?

Wow, that's not good. I had a 2013 F150 with black leather, no problems after 3 years. I haven't had any issues with my 2017 Raptor either. Have you contacted the dealer already?
I have already spoken to the salesman who sold me the truck about it and it’s due to go in for service In a couple weeks so I will address it then. There are some other warranty issues as well such as intermittent operation on cargo and backup cameras and broken upper glove box latch mechanism (from day one). We’ll see what they say. I spent 20 years in the business myself and have never seen this happen.

I have already spoken to the salesman who sold me the truck about it and it’s due to go in for service In a couple weeks so I will address it then. There are some other warranty issues as well such as intermittent operation on cargo and backup cameras and broken upper glove box latch mechanism (from day one). We’ll see what they say. I spent 20 years in the business myself and have never seen this happen.
my 2012 F150 with 145k the leather is shines on the side but it has't ripped like this.... wow... it is possible something in you pocket ripped it ???? i carry alot of shit in my pockets concerned now....

my 2012 F150 with 145k the leather is shines on the side but it has't ripped like this.... wow... it is possible something in you pocket ripped it ???? i carry alot of shit in my pockets concerned now....
Nope. Don’t carry anything in my back pockets. Started off as a slight crease by the stitch and over a period of weeks it just started to split. The leather is somewhat harder on this area of the seat. I haven’t had a ford since my 98 Cobra and the leather in that car was much higher quality than this truck.

Nope. Don’t carry anything in my back pockets. Started off as a slight crease by the stitch and over a period of weeks it just started to split. The leather is somewhat harder on this area of the seat. I haven’t had a ford since my 98 Cobra and the leather in that car was much higher quality than this truck.
My 2000 COBRA was bought back, the platinum tremor is much nicer. But I am concerned about durability as well. But I’ll enjoy it until something bad happens.

Last edited:
Seems like it might be made of vinyl. I seem to think that only the actual seating surfaces are made of leather. Could be wrong though either way it’s BS. That should be designed to last for many years

Agree with everyone else here wtf...my 38K Volvo has better leather that's held up with kids football/baseball cleats on them. That's some BS

5500 miles on mine, and no sign of wear!

Slightly off topic, are the Katzkin replacement seat covers all leather and of better quality than the factory seats? I have seen some pics and they look great, was considering replacing my cloth seats after they start looking ratty.

Ford has long had issues with seams tearing on the outside of the driver seat. Never seen it split like that before though

Seems like it might be made of vinyl. I seem to think that only the actual seating surfaces are made of leather. Could be wrong though either way it’s BS. That should be designed to last for many years
I can't confirm for Ford, but my buddy used to run one of the twin plants down on the Texas-Mexico border. They made seats for GM. He confirmed it's only leather where you sit; everything else is vinyl. I would assume that's the case for Ford as well.

Ive got 10k on mine, No issues except regular wrinkles and things of that nature

5500 miles on mine no issues

my 2012 SVT Raptor is doing good too

Back