Leaf spring misalignment

SteveG75

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Redneck Rivera, aka Lower Alabama (FL panhandle)
Military
USN (Ret)
Current Ride
2022 F-250 7.3 Platinum Tremor
Current Ride #2
1975 Corvette w/ 496 big block
So, in pursuit of eliminating an elusive squeak when going over buns (that the dealer ship could not eliminate), I got the truck jacked up and lubricated all the pads on the leaf springs with white lithium.

As I was inspecting the springs, I noticed that one leaf on the driver's side was out of alignment by about 1/4" at the front pad. Bugs my OCD. Just wondering if this a major issue. Probably going to have the dealer fix it when I go in for the replacement shocks that they ordered. I don't feel like messing with the one-use U-bolts and my torque wrench only goes to 150 vice the needed 160.

IMG_2333.jpeg

So, in pursuit of eliminating an elusive squeak when going over buns (that the dealer ship could not eliminate), I got the truck jacked up and lubricated all the pads on the leaf springs with white lithium.

As I was inspecting the springs, I noticed that one leaf on the driver's side was out of alignment by about 1/4" at the front pad. Bugs my OCD. Just wondering if this a major issue. Probably going to have the dealer fix it when I go in for the replacement shocks that they ordered. I don't feel like messing with the one-use U-bolts and my torque wrench only goes to 150 vice the needed 160.

View attachment 105086
I think there was a thread on this issue in the forum, but u can’t recall what people said. Someone might be able to point it.

View attachment 105086
This is a non issue. It doesn't make any difference. Dealer tech is going to laugh if you ask them to fix it.

Tundra leafs were always misaligned too. I’ll rephrase that. That’s the way there were designed. It’s a non issue.

Not sure if this is relevant or helpful, but here goes:

Some years back, I had an E350 Ford van. Rear leaves squeaked. Close inspection revealed that one leaf, at one end, contacted the shackle where the leaf has the loop at the end. Weird issue. Anyway, a little spray with grease at that spot every now and then and problem solved.

Back