Latest Fog light recommendations?

Might be interested in this, looks like they just started to take orders.

I may go this route, as I like how it retains the OEM look and factory lights.

View attachment 104480

I saw them advertise on facebook. Let me get this straight, they are going to charge $499 for a piece of plastic bracket cutout?

Attachments

• 9BA47325-E80D-4C04-9AE8-AE61E4EF1D4D.jpeg
    9BA47325-E80D-4C04-9AE8-AE61E4EF1D4D.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Wow
Reactions: Gus
I saw them advertise on facebook. Let me get this straight, they are going to charge $499 for a piece of plastic bracket cutout?
Yeah, it definitely is pricey.

It's also custom molded ABS plastic that matches the OEM specs, so I'm sure there was bit of work that went into it. I don't mind paying for good craftsmanship.

Yeah, it definitely is pricey.

It's also custom molded ABS plastic that matches the OEM specs, so I'm sure there was bit of work that went into it. I don't mind paying for good craftsmanship.
But i was thinking when i saw their design on fb…you can take off OEM, carefully cut out the lower piece with dremel and do what they did to prep it for those BD lights … for free minus your own time.

Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro SAE Fog lights

I have these and LOVE them. They put out tons of light, and look like they could have been factory mounted on the truck.

ETA - I waited for a holiday 15 or 20% Off sale to buy them. The prices some of these companies charge for lights (or other parts) seems like a contest to see just how stupid people will go.

Here’s a review I posted with night pics.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1697689-diode-dynamics-ss3-pro-sae-fog-review.html

(spoiler) some dude came in the thread posting night pics of his “superior” Baja Designs lights (multiple, roof light bar, etc) in comparison to these single lights. 🤡 Grapes to watermelon comparison

Last edited:
I have the Baja dual fogs kit. It is great, I agree with the above comments that it follows the rugged design of the truck as a whole.

Picture shows low beam with amber sae on, then front end picture shows the housings with lights.

I posted a video on YT.
The video shows low beam with amber sae fogs on, then high beam with fogs, then clear squadron pros, then everything off in that same order

Video of BD squadrons in action

Attachments

• B2B07611-6219-4778-B99B-B23A26BEAFFB.jpeg
    B2B07611-6219-4778-B99B-B23A26BEAFFB.jpeg
    118.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 43391473-3ADE-427E-8C76-583D49D33E95.jpeg
    43391473-3ADE-427E-8C76-583D49D33E95.jpeg
    323.6 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Are the clear squadrons pro’s driving or spot lenses and can you show them only on to get an idea how they are?
The clear squadrons are the driving/combo lens, I’m assuming half spot, half wide cornering.

Right now I still haven’t installed them back on the new truck yet. I tinkered with putting ppf on them myself and although it would have looked fine from 10 ft I wasn’t happy with it so I took it back off.

I also ordered the switch pros and that hasn’t came in yet so I’m waiting on that too.

When I do hook them back up though I can get you a pic with both and no headlights. The wiring harness from BD is setup such that the amber sae fogs come on the with the oem switch, then the clear pros and the amber fogs are controlled by the Upfitter. So I can’t isolate the clear pro’s without unhooking the amber sae’s.

I’m running the clear spot lens on my squadron pro’s and wondering the difference between them and the driving lens & if it’s worth switching lenses

I’ve got the amber fogs wired to the factory switch so they come on with the headlights as well as enabling Bambi mode and wired into the SP-9100 as why not??

I can have the clear squadron pro on by themselves or the amber fogs (squadron pro with amber driving lens) on by themselves

The flexibility of the Switch-Pros unit is insane & the sky is the limit.

If you have not seen the video Paul did it’s really worth watching

Well, I'd say with just the spot you lose all the light immediately around the front of the truck and it is a lot more focused at a distance. I notice that the white light spreads up into the trees, etc plus I get more distance than my highs.

I guess I could make my own harness up to power them separately, but the amber ones are on as DRL's also, along with bambi mode, so they are pretty much running anytime the truck is in motion. I guess I really don't ever have any reason to turn them off.

Unfortunately I did watch that exact video... which is what led to me purchasing the switch pro and the swarfworks mount

I'm in the process of making a pass through harness that goes to the snowplow connector above the passenger wheel well that gives +12v for high beam, low beam, park lights, right turn signal and left turn signal. If I ever add anything that down the road that needs any of those triggers, the wires will be there ready to go. I really only want the high beam trigger to connect to the trigger on the switchpros so i can trigger multiple lights at once.

I knew I could do this with relays and diodes, but once I figured out that the switch pro could do it easier and I could reconfigure which lights were triggered without rewiring, I was sold.

I recently installed the BD setup (from Nick). Amber SAE Fog and white Driving Combo. This is head and shoulders better than factory and I litterally could NOT be happier. By the time my buddy and I finished the install it was about 2230 when going for a drive to test them out. I was so thrilled that I tried (unsuccessfully) to get my Wife out of bed so I could take her for a test drive to show off the lights.

The amber is wired into the factory fog switch. We then wired the white driving combo into upfitter #1 and a relay that is tied into the high beams so it only comes on with both upfitter #1 and the high beams switched on (my buddy's idea). Now I can have them on and when I turn my high-beams off for oncoming cars the driving combo also turns off. An unexpected bonus is that the fogs also come on with the driving lights (Bambi mode) without having to adjust Forscan.

I recently installed the BD setup (from Nick). Amber SAE Fog and white Driving Combo. This is head and shoulders better than factory and I litterally could NOT be happier. By the time my buddy and I finished the install it was about 2230 when going for a drive to test them out. I was so thrilled that I tried (unsuccessfully) to get my Wife out of bed so I could take her for a test drive to show off the lights.

The amber is wired into the factory fog switch. We then wired the white driving combo into upfitter #1 and a relay that is tied into the high beams so it only comes on with both upfitter #1 and the high beams switched on (my buddy's idea). Now I can have them on and when I turn my high-beams off for oncoming cars the driving combo also turns off. An unexpected bonus is that the fogs also come on with the driving lights (Bambi mode) without having to adjust Forscan.
Pics of the after

For those running the bd fog pocket how are y’all color matching it? Powder coat or paint? Is it holding up well? Thanks

For those running the bd fog pocket how are y’all color matching it? Powder coat or paint? Is it holding up well? Thanks
I was going to paint them to match my Lariat Ultimate/sport package but then after looking at them, decided to try the black powder coat first. They looked great to me and holding up very well. (1 year so far) Also compliments well with the other black fitments

20221125_145428a.jpg

I didnt color match it, I left it the black powder coat and it has been holding up well. I had some clear PPF laying around and tried to wrap them with it, but I'm too OCD, it didnt look good enough for me so I abandoned it. I think it would look good wrapped though by some pros.

I was going to paint them to match my Lariat Ultimate/sport package but then after looking at them, decided to try the black powder coat first. They looked great to me and holding up very well. (1 year so far) Also compliments well with the other black fitments

View attachment 105787.
Looks good, I’ve seen them painted to match and they just look weird. I too prefer the black. Looks great!

Baja designs is growing on me more, but not 100% convinced still. Rigid, although similar to Bajas, looks ugly as hell. I may mess with the factory setup adding 2 S2 pros but without buying that $500 kit. Seems like you should be able to figure out how to mount those yourself if they can cut a hole and do it for you.

Baja designs is growing on me more, but not 100% convinced still. Rigid, although similar to Bajas, looks ugly as hell. I may mess with the factory setup adding 2 S2 pros but without buying that $500 kit. Seems like you should be able to figure out how to mount those yourself if they can cut a hole and do it for you.
Looking forward to the write up!😁

Pics of the after
This weekend I was finally out late enough on an empty stretch of road to take some night photos of my BD lights that replaced the OEM fog lights. I took pictures in an open field and in the woods. The pictures don't do the driving lights justice; the difference between high beams and adding the driving lights is like driving in daylight. The biggest difference with both the fog and the driving lights is softening Ford's extreme cut-off which in my opinion should have a softer transition.
  1. Low-beams
  2. Low-beams and amber fogs
  3. High-beams
  4. High-beams, amber fogs, and driving lights
I hope this helps someone.

Attachments

• Woods, 3-high beam.jpg
    Woods, 3-high beam.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Woods, 2-low and amber fog.jpg
    Woods, 2-low and amber fog.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 42