Lariat Vs Platinum Tremor Trim Level Differences

Thanks for the help
CF8D49AB-8B3D-4274-9532-698DF42EA776.gif

What you're asking has so many variables it's difficult to hit exactly on what you're looking for.

For me, these are the primary two differences:
1) You can not get massaging seats on a Lariat
2) You can not get the black appearance package on Platinum

I could care less about massaging seats. I care a lot about the black appearance package. Particularly the headlights.

Going from an XLT up to Platinum most of the differences between trucks are going to be superficial. You're talking about things down to material types on trim -- so what matters to you may not matter to someone else. Does the black appearance package change the functional abilities of the truck? No. Does the color of the plastic trim mean anything to you? Maybe it does.

Ironically, I'm sure there are people out there who would argue the massaging seats are a big deal to them but they could care less about chrome grills. I actually like chrome, I just don't like it on the super duty and definitely not combined with black rims.

Theres actually a big difference in trim and leather quality, On a lariat the silver a/c vents, glove box and console are painted plastic. On Platinum they're brushed aluminum. Platinums also include 4 way adjustable Headrest, LED Headlights, Power running Boards and massaging seats. Plus the Headliner is also color keyed to the upholstery.

Theres actually a big difference in trim and leather quality, On a lariat the silver a/c vents, glove box and console are painted plastic. On Platinum they're brushed aluminum. Platinums also include 4 way adjustable Headrest, LED Headlights, Power running Boards and massaging seats. Plus the Headliner is also color keyed to the upholstery.
Clarification.... You can get LED lights on the Lariat trims when adding the Black Appearance package or adding the Ultimate Lariat package AND the LED lighting option. Both will ding your wallet for 4300+

Some of the trim items are different (plastic vs. chrome). While it's true you cannot get the blackout package with the Platinum (something that can be fixed with vinyl wrap), the seats (comfort level), the leather, and the lack of massaging seats in the Lariat is not the same as the platinum. I consider the seats to be the most important option in the truck because they are the one option you use every single trip. Personally I wanted the KR, but I cant stand the sunroof and at the time it couldn't be deleted so I went with the platinum and I couldn't be happier.

Holy shit, I about fell out of my chair on this one laughing so hard. You sir, are man after my own heart!!! In a strictly "Red Foreman" kind of way... figured I'd better clarify.

Clarification.... You can get LED lights on the Lariat trims when adding the Black Appearance package or adding the Ultimate Lariat package AND the LED lighting option. Both will ding your wallet for 4300+
And you can get power boards on the Lariat and color matched headliner

Awight gents, let us just Remember, you are comparing leather trims in a FORD SD. The KR & Plat aint some exotic leather stitched by virgin fairy's....just saying.

Last edited:
Awight gents, let us just Remember, you are comparing leather trims in a FORD SD. It aint some exotic leather stitched by virgin fairy's....just saying.

But, there is a noticeable difference in leather quality. Much softer and smoother.

Besides that Platinum just comes with almost everything standard.

But, there is a noticeable difference in leather quality. Much softer and smoother.

Besides that Platinum just comes with almost everything standard.
I doubt I would notice the softer and smoother through my shorts or jeans, but if some of you all rolling commando, thats your right.

Last edited:
Awight gents, let us just Remember, you are comparing leather trims in a FORD SD. The KR & Plat aint some exotic leather stitched by virgin fairy's....just saying.
My gay cousin works for Ford upholstery making King ranch and platinum seats. Also never had a boyfriend sooooooo

I have Lariat with sunroof, power running boards, and LEDs...I could care less about fancy leather, vibrating seats and brushed aluminum...I went in to order a Platinum when I couldn't black it out dropped down to Lariat. I would like to thank Ford for saving 20k by not offering all options in their top trim level.

Massaging seats on a Platinum? Where? I ordered a Plat and saw no option for massaging seats, I just went back and checked the build site and saw nothing.

Massaging seats on a Platinum? Where? I ordered a Plat and saw no option for massaging seats, I just went back and checked the build site and saw nothing.
There's no option because it's standard on the platinum. And not an option for the lariat.

Latest Discussions

Back