Lariat slammed out vs Platinum

jhblaze1

Tremoraholic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Agate Black 6.7 Tremor
Current Ride #2
Ducati Diavel 1260S
I'm pretty sure I want a Platinum but have been playing with Lariat builds. Does anyone know what material difference there is between a totally optioned out Lariat vs a totally optioned out Platinum to account for a ~$4K price diff? Is it really just the platinum badging and slightly fancier seat accents?

To put this in perspective, I built a Platinum Tremor with pretty much every option except for PTO and a few others and a totally optioned out Lariat with Sport and Ultimate package and added on everything else that would be standard on the platinum like adaptive steering and adaptive cruise etc, moonroof on both.. I'm ending up with a $88K platinum and a nearly $84K Lariat. The only real reason I'm considering Lariat is to get the blacked out grill as I don't love the chrome on the Platinum and don't see a blackout package for platinum.

Here are the 2 builds, as you can see both are optioned basically to the max. Why is the Platinum still 4K more expensive if I've basically added everything the Plat has onto the Lariat?

Attachments

• Lariat Build.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 452
  • Platinum Build.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 274
I think richtor is right, like you I want a platinum but didn’t want the chrome, so I optioned out a lariat. Sticker was $82,280.
I think the leather seats are nicer in the platinum.
Maybe you get more than just leather seating surfaces too.

Ends up being the interior stuff is different. Door panels, seats, dash trim bezels....etc etc...not to mention the exterior badges....

Again i say.... FORD why the fuddddge isnt the blacked out options avaliable on the HIGHER trim!?!?
Yup! They lost money on this guy. I would have gone with the platinum for the interior if I could have optioned it blacked out and with that terrible shiny tailgate monstrosity either in black or deleted.

Yup! They lost money on this guy. I would have gone with the platinum for the interior if I could have optioned it blacked out and with that terrible shiny tailgate monstrosity either in black or deleted.
Well im sure they aint worried about losing money.. but damn just this forum alone, so many ppl wanting ( or in my case GOT the plat ) and couldnt get blacked out emblems, DUMB

I was in the same boat and spent many nights thinking about what route to go. I opted for the Lariat Sport and figure the money I save will all go to mods. At the end of the day I just couldn't get over how awesome the dark headlights and grill looked.

I was wanting the adaptive cruise cruise control, but since I didn't have it on my RAM I figured I could live without it on the new truck.

I haven't driven a truck with adaptive steering but the stock steering works fine and I don't have any complaints.

I will miss the heated steering wheel, but I live in Texas and it doesn't get cold enough to need it that much.

Seats are definitely nicer in the platinum, but at the end of the day I figured it's a truck and the Lariat seats are nice enough for my butt :)

So far I extremely happy with my decision!

I'm pretty sure I want a Platinum but have been playing with Lariat builds. Does anyone know what material difference there is between a totally optioned out Lariat vs a totally optioned out Platinum to account for a ~$4K price diff? Is it really just the platinum badging and slightly fancier seat accents?

To put this in perspective, I built a Platinum Tremor with pretty much every option except for PTO and a few others and a totally optioned out Lariat with Sport and Ultimate package and added on everything else that would be standard on the platinum like adaptive steering and adaptive cruise etc, moonroof on both.. I'm ending up with a $88K platinum and a nearly $84K Lariat. The only real reason I'm considering Lariat is to get the blacked out grill as I don't love the chrome on the Platinum and don't see a blackout package for platinum.

Here are the 2 builds, as you can see both are optioned basically to the max. Why is the Platinum still 4K more expensive if I've basically added everything the Plat has onto the Lariat?
Check this out. Akins Ford, Wild Willys Customs. A good painter should be able to do this for your Platinum if you go that route. Probably what I'm gona do. Maybe the grill too.

I will miss the heated steering wheel, but I live in Texas and it doesn't get cold enough to need it that much.

So far I extremely happy with my decision!

I got heated steering wheel on my Lariat, it was part of the windshield wiper de-icer option.

can you get the front and rear wheel well liners with the Lariat? It won't let me build it that way, which seems weird/dumb.

I was able to check the box.

C0C8A195-6993-4B80-B6ED-3527F8712452.png

Ok, I went back and added the Sport package and it took it off. Maybe they come on the Sport package?

A790BD85-36C2-4D9F-B4C8-C86775624E9B.png

Back