Lariat headrest

I'll play! 2021 Lariat Ultimate built 02/21 with adjustable headrests. 6 clicks then they pop back.

Never bothered to check until now but play with the heat and ventilated options nearly every day.

And mine are tan!

21 Lariat Ultimate/Black package heated vent whatever just up and down adjustable no front to back.
Built 03/07/21
Aaand I'm back to being at a loss. It seems like they changed things in the middle of a model year, which makes no sense.

my 21 ultimate has up/down and the tilting as well. Didn't see anything for the front, but looks like it gets added into the rear bench seat on the window sticker (as I don't think the rear seat head rests tilt, but they might).
1617680489953.png

my 21 ultimate has up/down and the tilting as well. Didn't see anything for the front, but looks like it gets added into the rear bench seat on the window sticker (as I don't think the rear seat head rests tilt, but they might).
View attachment 21570
They may be referring to the seat that flips up to access the storage, but another corner cut by Ford. My 19 F150 Lariat had the flip down rear headrests that have you almost full view of the rear window and easy access for cleaning them. 20 F350 Lariat, nope.

21 lariat ultimate here With build date of 3/1. Fixed headrests and pissed off owner. How are others getting satisfaction here? I’m going to try to make a warranty claim and see how it goes.
Me as well - Lariat Ultimate, build date first week of March. Non-tilting headrests. Seems like the change occurred right around the beginning of March. Let us know what Ford has to say, but based on the chart posted earlier, it looks like the '21 XLT & Lariat owners that got the tilting option were simply lucky. The chart indicates we weren't supposed to get it.

Me as well - Lariat Ultimate, build date first week of March. Non-tilting headrests. Seems like the change occurred right around the beginning of March. Let us know what Ford has to say, but based on the chart posted earlier, it looks like the '21 XLT & Lariat owners that got the tilting option were simply lucky. The chart indicates we weren't supposed to get it.
I think it is the other way around... ;)

Those who did not get it were unlucky and Ford owes them an explanation! Maybe a free oil change or other service will make up for it?

No tilt here. One of the first things I tried to adjust and was surprised I couldn’t. The fixed headrests are too upright for my liking.

Built 3/21. Lariat ultimate.

My salesman is the best. I told him about the headrests, and he told me to come in to the dealer. We swapped the headrests out of a used 2017 F250 Lariat on the lot and I was on my way! :cool: (y)

My salesman is the best. I told him about the headrests, and he told me to come in to the dealer. We swapped the headrests out of a used 2017 F250 Lariat on the lot and I was on my way! :cool: (y)
Damn... What a good salesman. That's how you get customers for life...

Does anyone know if the covers are the same on adjustable vs non adjustable? I'm thinking of keeping the ones from my 17' but would need to remove the cloth covers and replace with leather.

Back