Lariat headrest

This is from earlier in the year (I assume for a 2020 MY).
View attachment 21286
That’s totally it, then. 20MY trucks had tilting headrests XLT and up. 21 and 22MY only have tilting head rests King Ranch and up.

That’s a frustrating change, but does explain what folks in this thread have been seeing I believe. Also means folks with 21 MY trucks, you didn’t get a factory mistake or fail to get something you paid for.

Will be digging into how much it will cost to buy the tilting headrests. Glancing at FordParts.com they only seem to sell the headrest without the wrapping, so don’t know how one would go about getting it wrapped with the matching interior fabric.

That’s totally it, then. 20MY trucks had tilting headrests XLT and up. 21 and 22MY only have tilting head rests King Ranch and up.

That’s a frustrating change, but does explain what folks in this thread have been seeing I believe. Also means folks with 21 MY trucks, you didn’t get a factory mistake or fail to get something you paid for.

Will be digging into how much it will cost to buy the tilting headrests. Glancing at FordParts.com they only seem to sell the headrest without the wrapping, so don’t know how one would go about getting it wrapped with the matching interior fabric.

I ordered a set of matching color tilting takeoffs for an F150 (they are the same headrests) on eBay for $134.

BTW I confirmed fitment prior to ordering by referencing my 2021 F150's headrests. See my thread here:

It seems bizarre. And the more I look at the 2021 order guide, the more I think it’s referring to manual adjustability, not power. There’s no mention of power headrest adjustability at all for any of the trims.

Attached image is the table listing the standard equipment for all trim levels (obviously screenshot shows a subset) and you can see that only two-way is standard for XLT and Lariat.

The search function in my PDF app shows no other mention of headrests in the standard equipment table beyond these ones. Noteworthy, it also doesn’t show any references to headrests in the optional equipment table, indicating there’s no option that could get you 4-way adjustable in the XLT or Lariat trims.

But none of that explains why folks obviously have the 4-way adjustable ones in XLT and Lariat trims.

I would LOVE tilt adjustable headrests as in my ‘09 F150 that’s by far my biggest interior complaint. My head lives pressed against the head rest, and there’s a stain and indent there to prove it.
Great find. 2021 Lariats don’t have the 4 way adjustable headrest anymore. Only the 20’s case closed. Still going to get the adjustable ones.... ?

Guys all i know is my 2021 xlt with a build date of 2/21 has tilting head rests up front , I went thru the window sticker nothing special or sticks out about the build
Did you test drive an F-150 recently? ?

4 way adjustable headrest on my 2021 Lariat built 2/21.

Last edited:
Same as mine built 2/15 or 16
I did not know mine had them, until this I read this thread. I just checked my truck to confirm... (y)

I have a 2021 Lariat Ultimate, Lariat Black built after the year-end holiday shutdown in the second week of January.

Those that do not have them for their XLT and above trim 2021s have a legitimate beef with Ford.

Last edited:
Great find. 2021 Lariats don’t have the 4 way adjustable headrest anymore. Only the 20’s case closed. Still going to get the adjustable ones.... ?

uhhh, not really. See my post above. I have them and mine is a 2021 Lariat built in January 2021.

If anyone figures out what the correct factory part number is for the adjustable rest without cover, let us know!

Build date 3/03/21, Lariat Value Package. Has 4 way adj. headrest. Didn't even know about it til this thread, checked on Saturday while cleaning it.

Ok my next guess is for 21MY trucks the tilt headrests come with the heated/ventilated seats. Those aren’t standard on the Lariat, but come with the Ultimate and Value packages. They are standard for King Ranch and up.

21 Lariat Ultimate/Black package heated vent whatever just up and down adjustable no front to back.
Built 03/07/21
That's odd, because we have the same truck, and i have it on mine. I bought mine in November, so maybe that's why, but weird.

Back