Lariat headrest

Does anyone know if its listed on the website or in the specs anywhere if any particular trim levels get the 4-way headrests? my 17' XLT has the 4-way. My 21' is due in 2 days and would suck if it doesn't have the 4-way and has just the up-down. I hate the standard up-down headrests in my XL F-550. Would be nice to have some documentation to throw at the dealer if a $70k lariat is missing such an obvious item. Primer only under the hood is going to be hard enough live with. Its minor I know but its still about $5 worth of paint on a $70k truck...

In my searches for a Tremor I built a bunch of different combs on fords web site XLT and Lariat and never really saw any thing about the head rests but was not looking for it , I only paid attention to power or heated seats .Same thing on window stickers . I would think its a standard thing on the higher trim levels

Based on the 2021 and 2022 Super Duty order guides I have from forums (possibly this one?), only King Ranch and up have the 4-way adjustable head rests. XLT and Lariat only have 2-way, and it doesn’t list anything for XL.

Of course that conflicts with all of you in this thread that have 4-way headrests on XLT and Lariat trucks, so I don’t know how to interpret that.

Based on the 2021 and 2022 Super Duty order guides I have from forums (possibly this one?), only King Ranch and up have the 4-way adjustable head rests. XLT and Lariat only have 2-way, and it doesn’t list anything for XL.

Of course that conflicts with all of you in this thread that have 4-way headrests on XLT and Lariat trucks, so I don’t know how to interpret that.
Order guide is talking about POWER 4 way vs 2 way. I assume the tilt is still there, but manual, if you don't have 4 way power.

Weird. Mine is fixed too, Lariat built 3/20/21.

On the positive side, it looks like most Fords use the same spacing for the headrests on the front seats, I swapped the headrests between my Flex, Mustang, and F350 just to see.

For my XL honestly I'm just happy it has seats. I expected an upside down bucket on bare metal. Instead I got carpet and XLT seats minus the headrests being 4 way. I've already ordered the adjustable ones though.

Ok, so I took the bait, went out and checked my headrests. 4-way adjustable. Then I got thinking (a day late no doubt), was this an April Fools joke to get everyone to go check their headrests? GOOD ONE! Well even if not, now I know.

Ok, so I took the bait, went out and checked my headrests. 4-way adjustable. Then I got thinking (a day late no doubt), was this an April Fools joke to get everyone to go check their headrests? GOOD ONE! Well even if not, now I know.
No joke, some of us got screwed out of the 4 ways. The idea of not getting what I paid for bothers me more than not having them be able to adjust.

It seems bizarre. And the more I look at the 2021 order guide, the more I think it’s referring to manual adjustability, not power. There’s no mention of power headrest adjustability at all for any of the trims.

Attached image is the table listing the standard equipment for all trim levels (obviously screenshot shows a subset) and you can see that only two-way is standard for XLT and Lariat.

The search function in my PDF app shows no other mention of headrests in the standard equipment table beyond these ones. Noteworthy, it also doesn’t show any references to headrests in the optional equipment table, indicating there’s no option that could get you 4-way adjustable in the XLT or Lariat trims.

But none of that explains why folks obviously have the 4-way adjustable ones in XLT and Lariat trims.

I would LOVE tilt adjustable headrests as in my ‘09 F150 that’s by far my biggest interior complaint. My head lives pressed against the head rest, and there’s a stain and indent there to prove it.

Attachments

• BE38FC79-F3D9-4764-9894-9999BC8AD0A1.jpeg
    BE38FC79-F3D9-4764-9894-9999BC8AD0A1.jpeg
    217.1 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
This is from earlier in the year (I assume for a 2020 MY).
View attachment 21286

You know something sorta related to this that kinda grinds my gears.

If you go to the builder right now and configure an F250 XL+STX and add the Power Equipment group for $1,075--It includes the turn signal/puddle light mirrors.

My XL+STX with that same configuration came with power mirrors sans turn signals/puddle lights.

Now I have to add that myself. And it's a bit more expensive than the headrests. ?

Latest Discussions

Back