Lariat headrest

I suspect the reason they’re separate is because of the different colors. The headrest is the same regardless of interior color, so that’s one part. Then the cover is two different parts, one for black and one for tan.
So the headrest covers are different for adjustable or non-adjustable?

I suspect the reason they’re separate is because of the different colors. The headrest is the same regardless of interior color, so that’s one part. Then the cover is two different parts, one for black and one for tan.
I'm going to see if I can use my Ford pass points to purchase the headrests and covers.

However, I'm concerned the Black ebony is not the correct color match for the headrest covers? My interior is listed as Black onyx which seems to have a grayish tone than ebony.

Last edited:
I'm going to see if I can use my Ford pass points to purchase the headrests and covers.

However, I'm concerned the Black ebony is not the correct color match for the headrest covers? My interior is listed as Black onyx which seems to have a grayish tone than ebony.
The part number I referenced in post #129 is the correct black for my MY22. I can send your a picture if you like. Also only down side to using your ford pass points if you can find dealerships that have those parts on sale, but if you use your points they will only give them to you at full price since you are using points.

When I compared to the F150 headrests the blacks were not the same. Agree, there is a grayish (almost with a hint of blue) tone to the onyx. The '20 F150 color for the Lariat was simply listed as "Black"

So I never would have noticed if y’all hadn’t said something but it is a bit of a darker black. Although keep in mind I recently cleaned them. The headrest covers are different shapes and weirdly enough the match the rear ones better but they aren’t the exact same as the front seat. The front seats do have more of that blueish tone. Luckily y’all didn’t ruin them as a I don’t mind. Also I had the tremor logo added. But here’s some pictures. The one I’m holding is the two way that came stock. The one installed is the four way which I find to be much more comfortable.

Attachments

• 879DC43B-90BF-4F31-BE69-F05B15404ACD.jpeg
    879DC43B-90BF-4F31-BE69-F05B15404ACD.jpeg
    350 KB · Views: 82
  • BDE740A2-4C76-41A4-99DF-E258DA8219B3.jpeg
    BDE740A2-4C76-41A4-99DF-E258DA8219B3.jpeg
    376.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 1B3EA4C9-0796-4DF6-A545-0D7A056BFA80.jpeg
    1B3EA4C9-0796-4DF6-A545-0D7A056BFA80.jpeg
    390.1 KB · Views: 82
The four ways should be in the '22 Platinums, since they also have Black Onyx interior.

Maybe @ccw can figure out the part numbers :D
They should have been in my lariat with the ultimate package as should have the ambient lights in the cup holders and the under hood light but here we are. Hopefully you can find one but I’m plenty happy with mine as is haha

So, the Platinum also has piping on the sides of the headrest, and the leather may be slightly different in texture than the Lariat's.

I noticed while driving how uncomfortable the stock Lariat headrests are for me.

Platinum:

equ1U6m.jpg

Lariat:

ZkMGn4s.jpg

The four ways should be in the '22 Platinums, since they also have Black Onyx interior.

Maybe @ccw can figure out the part numbers :D
I appreciate you mentioning me, but the funny part is I haven’t found any part numbers. Just quoted other people who have. :D

Mine is fixed and is too far forward for my liking.
My 21 is fixed. The dealer wasn't aware they changed it for 21 on the Lariet. Prior year models had the 4 way on Lariet up but now it's on the King Ranch and up. It sucks.... I turned mine around until I come up with a better solution.

Any of you guys with a 2021 Lariat with black adjustable headrest cool enough to pony up the last eight of your VIN? Parts keeps ordering me another set of fixed.
2021 w/adjustable head rest (MEC06003)

Any of you guys with a 2021 Lariat with black adjustable headrest cool enough to pony up the last eight of your VIN? Parts keeps ordering me another set of fixed.
You can also just order it yourself online from another dealer with the part numbers. It’ll probably save you money that way too. I ordered mine through Lakeland ford in Florida or something like that. Half the price. Let me know if you need the part numbers

You can also just order it yourself online from another dealer with the part numbers. It’ll probably save you money that way too. I ordered mine through Lakeland ford in Florida or something like that. Half the price. Let me know if you need the part numbers
If you have the black onyx part numbers that match a lariat interior that would be awesome.

Back