Larger fuel tank for 7.3L

HTremor

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 Tremor 7.3L
With so many old conversations on the Forum, I thought it would be good to get a fresh one going with the latest information.

Has anyone heard of our seen a larger fuel tank for the F250 7.3L? I know most, if not all of us, would appreciate close to 60 gallons for towing and longer road trips. If you know anything, please share what you know.

Thanks!

Wish Ford had a larger fuel tank option/upgrade. Seems like it would be a hot ticket item. My 2017 F-250 diesel has a 26gal tank and I just ordered a 2022 F-250 diesel and they say it has a 34gsl tank, so some improvement.

Wish Ford had a larger fuel tank option/upgrade. Seems like it would be a hot ticket item. My 2017 F-250 diesel has a 26gal tank and I just ordered a 2022 F-250 diesel and they say it has a 34gsl tank, so some improvement.
You have a lot of aftermarket options for the Diesel. I believe you can replace your stock with a 60 gallon. Just haven't seen the same options for the gas.

I haven't seen anything new beyond this post, which is the latest on the tank from Transfer Flow that's still in development:

I towed our travel trailer across the country with the 7.3 gasser and 34 gallon tank. Every 180 to 200 miles we had to fill up.... but with a wife, daughter, and dog, 3 to 3.5 hours in the truck was our max before someone had to stop anyway. WMMV

You have a lot of aftermarket options for the Diesel. I believe you can replace your stock with a 60 gallon. Just haven't seen the same options for the gas.
Correct. @TEX-63 check out S&B for a 60 gallon diesel replacement tank.

I towed our travel trailer across the country with the 7.3 gasser and 34 gallon tank. Every 180 to 200 miles we had to fill up.... but with a wife, daughter, and dog, 3 to 3.5 hours in the truck was our max before someone had to stop anyway. WMMV
You were doing good. We can barely get out of town before someone has to go.

While a bigger tank would be nice, at 70 mph towing my camper I went from full to fuel light on right at 4 hours 4 times in a row last week. That's the way upper limit on our bladders, lol.
I look at it as the difference between stopping when I want to (bladder/food/stretching) versus when I have to (fuel tank). Options are good :)

Transfer Flow is making one, ETA mid next year; expected capacity between 50-60 gallons.

Aside from bed mounted transfer tanks, no other options exist.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that something will be available soon. Bed mounted transfer tanks aren’t an option for me.

Latest Discussions

Back