1337logan

Tremor Fiend
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 Platinum Tremor 6.7
Current Ride #2
22yo girlfriend in college
So I installed the carli 2.5 commuter (fox 2.0s). Went to ford for an alignment, which wasn't very good, as their toe-in was not what carli suggested. Went to a good alignment shop and increased the toe-in and it drove pretty good. I also installed the Carli Torsion Sway bar and stainless steel endlinks, as well as the Carli high and low mount steering stabilizers. I did everything according to the directions and torque specs.

When I pulled out of the second alignment shop I help a pretty loud torsion pop out of the front end and assumed this could have been from just adjusting stuff while it was on the rack.

After a little time I notice that when I back into my driveway and hit the angled lip, I hear a little 'thump' or a little 'pop/knock' in the front suspension. It doesn't sound like there's tension on it, if that makes sense, it sounds like something is loose, so not like a spring where you can here the 'tone' of a torsion-pop.

The track bard doesn't feel loose when I pull on it, neither does anything else.

I wanted to solicit some feedback first around this before I try checking every nut. Anyone have experience with something similar or know of a common issue here?

Thanks,

Logan

So I installed the carli 2.5 commuter (fox 2.0s). Went to ford for an alignment, which wasn't very good, as their toe-in was not what carli suggested. Went to a good alignment shop and increased the toe-in and it drove pretty good. I also installed the Carli Torsion Sway bar and stainless steel endlinks, as well as the Carli high and low mount steering stabilizers. I did everything according to the directions and torque specs.

When I pulled out of the second alignment shop I help a pretty loud torsion pop out of the front end and assumed this could have been from just adjusting stuff while it was on the rack.

After a little time I notice that when I back into my driveway and hit the angled lip, I hear a little 'thump' or a little 'pop/knock' in the front suspension. It doesn't sound like there's tension on it, if that makes sense, it sounds like something is loose, so not like a spring where you can here the 'tone' of a torsion-pop.

The track bard doesn't feel loose when I pull on it, neither does anything else.

I wanted to solicit some feedback first around this before I try checking every nut. Anyone have experience with something similar or know of a common issue here?

Thanks,

Logan
Following -

Check lower shock mounts ... the shock may have the slightest play which is hard to detect until you are driving and hit a bump. I really had to torque down my aftermarket 5100's on the front.

Another usual suspect is if you did and adjustable track bar if not fully torque to spec it will do that also if your links for the torsion sway bar aren’t torque to spec that’ll do it too I’ve had both happen in the past

Double check the torque on the Trac Bar. You'll need a cheater extension with a hell for stout Torque Wrench.

go through everything with a fine tooth comb and retorque all the bolts.
track bar: 406 ft/lb at frame mount, 250 ft/lb at axle. also make sure the rod end jamb-nut is 200 ft/lb
lower shock bolts: 100 ft/lb, upper rear 35 ft/lb
radius arm bolts: 222 ft/lb
upper ball joints: 69 ft/lb
don't recall the torsion sway off hand. also make sure the end-links haven't loosened up and are causing vertical play. if so, loosen the set screw and tighten the caps.
if the rear was changed, make sure all the u-bolts are 110 ft/lb

Last edited:
re check the ball joints. Tighten that track bar as tight as you can get it

I had this happen before, one time it was a coil that wasnt seated right and had to be clocked a tad more into the rubber coil isolator, this was on a ram truck. I’ve also had the trac bar slightly loose at the frame end cause a pop sound and on my 16 ram once of the bolts in the radius arms was loose and caused a pop sound, they have to be torqued allot, something close to 200 lbs. when you torque all o]your bolts, use a paint marker and mark across them so you can visually see if they loosen up.

UPDATE: So it appears that most or all of the noise is actually coming from the rear end. I think the driveline helped reverberate it up toward the cab so it sounded like the front end. https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/help-rear-end-noise.11226/

I have a post and video from the rear end here. Regardless, I'll probably go back through after 500 miles on the carli kit and check torque specs. Thanks to everyone for their input and ideas.

UPDATE: So it appears that most or all of the noise is actually coming from the rear end. I think the driveline helped reverberate it up toward the cab so it sounded like the front end. https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/help-rear-end-noise.11226/

I have a post and video from the rear end here. Regardless, I'll probably go back through after 500 miles on the carli kit and check torque specs. Thanks to everyone for their input and ideas.
@1337logan did you ever get this resolved?

Back