King Ranch Tremors

She’s arrived at the dealer!
Getting some bits replaced/painted then I should have her home. Like a kid on Christmas!
BAF89257-2FDD-4B7F-9D90-3497B705E64A.jpeg

I just checked my status and look what I see!!!!

Vehicle: 2020 Ford SuperDuty F-350 King Ranch™
Order Receipt Date: 2020-06-25
Production Date: 2020-09-10
Shipment Date: 2020-09-15
Days in Transit (Estimated): 17
Final Delivered Date (Estimated):
Final Delivered Date (Actual): 2020-09-23

Click here for Window Sticker (if available)

1600889284560.png

Who ever dose the painting might ask if you want to replace the parts with paintable part or try to paint over the chrome. I did the paint over the chrome on my last truck and noticed that the paint did not hold up as I would have expected. This truck i went with new paintable parts. Your choice.
Are those Ford retractable running boards and where did you get the piece to replace the chrome strip to have it painted?
Thanks

Are those Ford retractable running boards and where did you get the piece to replace the chrome strip to have it painted?
Thanks
I had mine done at the dealership they had a car cover come with the heavy duty colored plastic and covered the chr. I argued that I wanted it painted but they explained to me if that piece brakes when taking apart I will have to buy a new board. Then I said mask it off and paint it. Then they told me that over time road grime will chip off the paint and if I do the way they suggest I can always have it replaced anywhere and that the plastic coating is more forgiving than the paint to rock chips.

Thought I would cross-post my KR Tremor here for those that are interested. Added the Ranch Hand FER and had it Line-X'd, along with the bed. Back bumper is on back-order, but will add that in the coming weeks. I head off-road quite a bit in hunting season, so they will get plenty of use going through mesquites and cedar.

20200922_165840.jpg

20200923_112948~2.jpg

20200923_112956~2.jpg

Thought I would cross-post my KR Tremor here for those that are interested. Added the Ranch Hand FER and had it Line-X'd, along with the bed. Back bumper is on back-order, but will add that in the coming weeks. I head off-road quite a bit in hunting season, so they will get plenty of use going through mesquites and cedar.

View attachment 5846

View attachment 5847

View attachment 5848
I'm getting the exact same bumper. Will be line-x'd too but I am going to have it color matched to the Stone Gray.

View attachment 5846

View attachment 5847

View attachment 5848
How do you like the bumper/brush guard? All of your cameras/sensors work fine?

I’m planning some mods for my KR while I wait for delivery. Has anyone had experience with replacing the fender vents with black vents? Obviously they come standard on Lariat Sport trims but we don’t have that luxury. I’ve found several black out aftermarket replacement vents online but for every trim except the KR. One person on Etsy had the “King Ranch" as a selectable option on a pull down on the order page but I can’t find an example of the KR to view. Of course, if I go that route I’d ask for some pics first. Anyway, seen any or experiences with them? Also, any advice on deleting any chrome on the KR would be appreciated.

I’m planning some mods for my KR while I wait for delivery. Has anyone had experience with replacing the fender vents with black vents? Obviously they come standard on Lariat Sport trims but we don’t have that luxury. I’ve found several black out aftermarket replacement vents online but for every trim except the KR. One person on Etsy had the “King Ranch" as a selectable option on a pull down on the order page but I can’t find an example of the KR to view. Of course, if I go that route I’d ask for some pics first. Anyway, seen any or experiences with them? Also, any advice on deleting any chrome on the KR would be appreciated.

like this?
A844C348-B38C-4566-AA17-489DA511AEEB.jpeg

You are a true Gentleman. (y) Thank you
No worries
On my build thread you can see the pieces I’ve swapped from chrome to body color.
I had my dealer do it before I took delivery:

No worries
On my build thread you can see the pieces I’ve swapped from chrome to body color.
I had my dealer do it before I took delivery:
I’ll check it out. Thanks again.

Hey @Txfight... I was curious on your painted bumpers.

Love the KR, and am about 95% sure I'm going that direction, but I'm really torn between the "base" KR with the Stone Gray bumpers and lowers, and the monochromatic option KR that adds in chrome bumpers and the tailgate applique. I'm not sold on either. What I really want is monochromatic with the painted bumpers, like yours - basically a KR meets a Platinum, exterior-wise. What was cost and whatnot on that? PM if you don't want to air that out for all to see.

And one more post to say how pissed I am at Ford for getting rid of Silver Spruce. You're truck is the perfect combo as far as I'm concerned.

Back