Kill Switch

Give this a watch.
FYI- If anyone is wondering if the clip is valid (some dated YouTube comments made it look sketchy), I sent an email to the address in the video clip. Received a response within a few minutes with information about the kill switch offer, some basic install instructions and the price. Check it out if you’re interested in a kill switch.

FYI- If anyone is wondering if the clip is valid (some dated YouTube comments made it look sketchy), I sent an email to the address in the video clip. Received a response within a few minutes with information about the kill switch offer, some basic install instructions and the price. Check it out if you’re interested in a kill switch.
How does it work exactly? OEM upfitter switch? Since it's not mentioned in video or website I'd like to know without having to email.

I've also spoken to him on the phone a couple of times. Great guy, super responsive. Personally I have no concerns about sending money his way but big caveat: I haven't done it yet, so can't confirm I'm actually going to receive a product. But I'm confident I will.

I used the round SPST switches in a hidden location on the various cruiser boats that I have had that stayed in a slip to create a kil switch. Simple, but effective! 👍

Since we‘re on this subject, I have a question. My BIL has a vehicle with the push-button start and was concerned about thieves cloning his key fob and then driving off with his vehicle. He purchased a Small RFID soft key case that blocks the key fob signal and he claims it renders the ignition system useless and stops the thieves in their tracks.

Is he correct? I’ve heard of the RFID credit card cases to keep the card info from being scanned, but is it the same for our push button start Super Duty Tremor’s? Thanks!
Yep, works the same way. I have one of those bags that I keep my keys in (even my spare key in the cabinet), hoping to cut down on the very thing you describe above. When I got the bags, I made sure the remote start worked outside of the bag, then I put the key in and tried it again and the truck would not remote start or work the locks. That was good enough for me.

I do plan on putting a kill switch either on the fuel pump or starter circuit, whichever one is easier for me to get to and deal with.

I've also spoken to him on the phone a couple of times. Great guy, super responsive. Personally I have no concerns about sending money his way but big caveat: I haven't done it yet, so can't confirm I'm actually going to receive a product. But I'm confident I will.
Agree, he works at the dealer I purchased my truck from and was actually the first one to let me know my truck had arrived! I emailed regarding the kill switch and will await details. The other installs he has done on his channel seem to be well executed.

Agree, he works at the dealer I purchased my truck from and was actually the first one to let me know my truck had arrived! I emailed regarding the kill switch and will await details. The other installs he has done on his channel seem to be well executed.
That’s awesome you got to buy from his dealership! I wish I could take my truck to him for servicing and installs, but driving across the country seems a bit excessive for that. :p

Hey, if you make the trip first beer is on me (or any other beverage of your choice). I think that's fair for a 2k mile journey!

I had him install the kill switch on my truck about a month ago. It's a clean install and super slick placement of the switch. If anyone is interested the only way to get info is to email him at [email protected]
Btw... if you watch his videos, the s&b 60gal fuel tank video was on my truck😁

Here is the text of the email:

Here ya go pal, Thank you for reaching out to us. We have created a slick way for people to disable their Ford vehicle via a switch. It is hidden in one of two places depending on the seat configuration that the vehicle is equipped with. It will tap into the same wire no matter what trim level or options(yes PUSH BUTTON & FLIP KEY)the vehicle has. You will permanently lose use of one of your 12-volt outlets in your truck. This is going to be available for all Ford vehicles as we can provide info that will fit your application. What you will receive is: #1. Instructions per your vehicle information #2. Length of factory harness to go from point A to point B. #3. THEE SWITCH #4. Part number for the 12-volt receptacle of your choice(I have been fighting back ordered parts)that you can try to find through your local Ford dealer or the internet. If you can access and replace fuses or wire lights into your truck, then you can handle this. If vehicle repairs are not YOUR forte, please take this to ME or your local vehicle repair man to execute this procedure.

DISCLAIMER.....I, PTTWAROD or affiliates, assume no responsibility for repairs that were not made correct or directions that were not followed by the installer or purchaser; additionally (PTTWAROD or affiliates) do not warranty parts or labor and/or will be not held responsible for anyone causing injury to themselves or property that may have resulted in improper use of tools or not following directions, or from unforeseen circumstances. By continuing forward the purchaser agrees to waive (PTTWAROD or affiliates) from all liable claims or any related issues that arose from the statements above.

SO, with that out of the way......here comes the fine print that I'm sure you all have been patiently waiting for, the cost for the "kit" and "instructions" is $210.00 + WHATEVER SHIPPING IS. How much is your rig worth to you?? This small addition can make or break your business.....To weed out as much GD thievery out there as I possibly can, additional to the payment, we will require a few things from YOU. #1. I will need a picture of your registration with YOUR NAME & VIN.(if it is in a spouse's name I will make arrangements accordingly) I don't care to know where you live, so if you like, cover your address up! #2. I will need a picture of you next to your Ford vehicles & #3 KEEP THIS A SECRET but tell your closest pals so they too can save their SUPERDUTY/Ford vehicles!!

All of the required information that we will need after payment can be sent to this email address that we are talking over here at [email protected]. All payments will be accepted through PayPal (friends & family ONLY NO goods and services will be excepted) or Venmo. Please think about it and let us know. I have it installed in my truck currently and is flawless and HIDDEN very wellllllllll! Don't lose your truck!

https://www.paypal.me/pttwarod
Venmo @ PTTWAROD

I wish he was a little more forthcoming with the system he has designed. While some degree of operational security is helpful, in the end, it's still just a killswitch. The cloak and dagger of it all feels weird. He doesn't need to know where you live but since he's shipping it out he's going to need your address anyway, on top of that he wants your VIN for absolutely no legitimate reason other than his own personal edification.

How often do any of you engage with internet businesses that operate this way?

Regardless, I need a solution soon so if any of you brave men pulls the trigger on this email offer, please PM me your thoughts...

Here is the text of the email:
(friends & family ONLY NO goods and services will be excepted) or Venmo.
Very odd that they're running their 'business' this way. This is a sure way of being flagged by PayPal by avoiding their fees by making customers send the money as friends and family.

Sending it via friends and family removes all PayPal buyer protection as well.

The intent with the Ravelco is to prevent the vehicle from leaving under it's own power. The system they have, and the way they install seems like it does that very well. The current keyfob designs that everyone uses (on push button start vehicles) is shit, to be blunt. They actually make the vehicle easier to steal. Newer high end cars might have improved the design, and there are certainly lots of things that can be done to improve the security.
And here I am sitting here wondering when I can get a real goddamn truck with a fucking key.

I hate key fobs. In case anyone else here was wondering.

Been thinking some.more about this. Just the starter or fuel pump, while easy, will keep the trucks from using their remote start. So need to dig more. Very new to these new trucks, but usually there are electric circuits/switches associated with moving the car out of park. That would be a good place for a kill switch.

Just the starter or fuel pump, while easy, will keep the trucks from using their remote start.

That is a great point. The brake on off switch (or whatever it is called now) would be an easy trigger for this.

I agree with the fuel pump circuit, specifically a switch on the ground-wire side. I’ve got the same setup on my wrangler TJ with a SPST switch hidden in the cab, flipping it opens the ground wire preventing a start. If you do decide to run switches upstream of the electrical load however, I’d highly recommend using a relay in conjunction with the switch to isolate the current from the load being powered and the switch itself.
I did something similar on my old YJ. I had a group of unlabeled switches in the dash. One was winch power, the other was Air compressor one was the ignition circuit and then just a dummy switch. Two were 3-way switches. I wired the ignition to the three way switch so only one position allowed the ignition to turn on. The thinking was someone would sit there and crank and crank until the battery died or someone would hear them.

More time looking at it, I wonder about either the Brake Shift Interlock or the Transmission Control Module. Engine can start and run, but the truck will not go into gear. The TCM has its own fuse under the hood. The Interlock, I'm not sure what fuse it is, need the larger electric diagram to look.

I'm wondering how much damage a would-be thief will inflict on the steering column trying to force the truck in gear?

Also, I've never had remote start - my vehicles have long been manual transmissions - I understand the function but not necessarily the real world benefit of such a feature.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about investigating novel ways to secure these vehicles, remote start always just seemed a bit like a liability to me

I'm wondering how much damage a would-be thief will inflict on the steering column trying to force the truck in gear?

Also, I've never had remote start - my vehicles have long been manual transmissions - I understand the function but not necessarily the real world benefit of such a feature.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about investigating novel ways to secure these vehicles, remote start always just seemed a bit like a liability to me
It’s great in the cold. Rather than having to venture out into the cold, start your truck and then either:
1. Lock the truck with the keys in it, and hope no one smashes a window and takes the truck.
2. Sit in the cold truck while being cold waiting for it to warm up.

You can just hit a button while inside and have your truck warmed up by the time you get to it.

It’s great in the cold. Rather than having to venture out into the cold, start your truck and then either:
1. Lock the truck with the keys in it, and hope no one smashes a window and takes the truck.
2. Sit in the cold truck while being cold waiting for it to warm up.

You can just hit a button while inside and have your truck warmed up by the time you get to it.
Almost any kill switch application will not allow you to remotely start. I had Revelco installed. Yes, it's expensive, but I am confident the only way it will be stolen is a tow truck. The person who installed it, I asked him since he is the installer how long would it take him to circumvent the system he installed knowing all he knows. He said 45 minutes to one hour. These people want to be in and out, not attract attention. Revelco has been in business I believe 10+ years. Not one of their vehicles has been stolen. They are bonded and insured. I like the confidence my truck will be where I parked it. I don't live in a cold climate, so the extended warm up isn't important, but a cold truck is better than no truck!

Back