Kill Switch

If there is an interest I can make a couple calls to see if that is reality or just a CYA thing for the seller.
The switch itself isn’t a weapon, an LEO identifier (like a badge/uniform) or other safety issue related item, so it might just be a seller imposed restriction? Or maybe liability issue? A non LEO vehicle equipped with it and the vehicle is involved in a crash and some attorney wants to blame it for the crash instead of the drivers blood alcohol level! 🙄
I bought something like this, I can’t remember what website it was, but they asked if I was LEO or ambulance, but then allowed me to order it anyway. Seems to work just as the one mentioned on Tremco’s site. Can’t remember if that’s the brand or not. I like having it, along with the kill switch. Very easy to install

EDIT:
I found the site - it is a Tremco - they sell the LEO version and then a version for emergency vehicles. That’s what i bought.

I bought something like this, I can’t remember what website it was, but they asked if I was LEO or ambulance, but then allowed me to order it anyway. Seems to work just as the one mentioned on Tremco’s site. Can’t remember if that’s the brand or not. I like having it, along with the kill switch. Very easy to install

EDIT:
I found the site - it is a Tremco - they sell the LEO version and then a version for emergency vehicles. That’s what i bought.

Out of all the online “law enforcement supply” type sites out there, the only one that asked for my verification via LEO ID card is the GOV-X site.
Post 9/11 a lot of companies will allow
non-sworn individuals to purchase items from them but might have blockers for certain items which might require an ID card or even a letter from their Department authorizing them to purchase certain items.

It used to be that anyone could walk into a police supply uniform store and purchase a full uniform (minus patches) and even a full Sam Brown belt with holsters! But that has (thankfully) changed.

Same with ballistic vests. But those now require Dept ID card verification prior to purchasing. Too many criminals were wearing them during their crimes.

on my previous truck, i installed a magnetic reed switch in-line with the starter relay. Yes, i tapped an ECM wire right after the ECM but before the relay in the fuse box. I hid the switch in a convenient location and used a standard domino-size magnet to trigger it. I kept the magnet on the inside of the door hinge on driver side. being black, it blended it pretty well.

I have heard people complain about reed switches failing. I never experienced this but always carried a setup that i could use to bypass the reed switch should it have ever happened.

If you want security, you will have to give up some convenience.

Back