Kill Switch

Worley

Founding Member
TOTM Winner
Current Ride
2020 F-350 6.7 Rapid Red
Current Ride #2
2012 Harley Davidson Road Glide
Does anyone have any information on the best way to install a kill switch to the 6.7 diesel? Back in 2007, I special ordered a new Silverado and waited 8 weeks for it to arrive. A short 3 weeks later some POS stole it to never be seen again. I currently live in Memphis, TN. and I’m sure most in this group has probably heard about the crime rate here. Needless to say, I’m a little worried about the new truck getting stolen. I’m new to Ford and Diesel engines, so any help to create a theft deterrent would be greatly appreciated.

amclaen

Tremor Fan
Current Ride
Raptor
Ford Pass is an app that allows you to remote start and track your car by gps while it’s running.

ghstrider

Tremor Member
Current Ride
2020 F-250 XLT Diesel TREMOR
First Responder
Police
Does anyone have any information on the best way to install a kill switch to the 6.7 diesel? Back in 2007, I special ordered a new Silverado and waited 8 weeks for it to arrive. A short 3 weeks later some POS stole it to never be seen again. I currently live in Memphis, TN. and I’m sure most in this group has probably heard about the crime rate here. Needless to say, I’m a little worried about the new truck getting stolen. I’m new to Ford and Diesel engines, so any help to create a theft deterrent would be greatly appreciated.
ravelco.com just installed it in mine... awesome

JC_Tremor

Toasty
Miltary
USN
Current Ride
Focus ST
Ford Pass is an app that allows you to remote start and track your car by gps while it’s running.
This is great but can one turn off the truck or prevent starting from the app? OP wants something to prevent it stolen in the first place or something as a deterrent. This is what I was looking for as well as in my area F250s are apparently delicious to thieves.

PapaRaptor

Founding Member
Current Ride
F350 Tremor 6.7 Lariat sport
This is great but can one turn off the truck or prevent starting from the app? OP wants something to prevent it stolen in the first place or something as a deterrent. This is what I was looking for as well as in my area F250s are apparently delicious to thieves.
You can't shut it down from the app if its in use. ( I tried, but we did not hot wire the truck we used the key so maybe depending on how it was started)

Rock Taxi

Founding Member
Current Ride
2020 F350 6.7l King Ranch Tremor
Current Ride #2
2004 and 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I am contemplating a hidden switch in the starter circuit, just to interrupt the power to the starter solenoid. I have not gotten under the truck to look, and don't have a wiring schematic, but if there is no starter, it's harder to drive off.

Ed

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge