Keyed Trucks Appreciation Thread

deezel-gitur

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
'22 F-350 Diesel Tremor
First Responder
Former EMT; still in Medicine
My 2000 Viper had a key! I thought it was cool, but I prefer the FOB in my pocket...

EDIT: To the OP, I am pretty sure the XL and XLT Super Dutys still have an old-fashioned key.

Having a physical key is like having a land line in your home :D
100% agreed ... I can unlock/lock or start my vehicle from anywhere in the world with an app, but need to "find the hole" to stick the damn key in... it sucks. Even my $18K cheap-ass 2017 Honda Civic has better technology.

I toss my truck key in console when we go riding, Then lock the truck and use the door code thing to get in.

Me too..for any outdoor activities...did the same with my last physical key Ford..Not having to fumble with the fob to open doors...Winning!!!
I love this in theory but can’t get over the idea of handing the keys to anyone who decides to smash a window. 😬

I love this in theory but can’t get over the idea of handing the keys to anyone who decides to smash a window. 😬
Not much of a problem around here. My riding buddy knows the code to my truck in case I get hurt or anything, as we always take my truck.

Not much of a problem around here. My riding buddy knows the code to my truck in case I get hurt or anything, as we always take my truck.
Glad to hear you're in a good enough area to not need to worry about it. Consider me jealous, or just paranoid. :p

Wife's Outback was our first key-less ignition. Love the convenience of never fumbling with keys. With the truck I'm in the seat and engine running faster than I could have gotten my keys out of my pocket in times past.

Unfortunately for the standard ignition on the new trucks, the key is in the fob and seems flimsy compared to traditional keys. Having the fob sticking out of the ignition on the steering column begs to get broken off in the ignition. I liked it when they made a normal key with fob functions in the top plastic part, much more practical and sturdy by design.

Last edited:
I prefer a key. One of the reasons I went with the lariat value package. My main reason is because my wife CAN NEVER FIND HER GOD DAMN FOBS!!!!
Sorry. I got carried away there.
I can’t tell you guys how many times I’ve had to walk out to her vehicles with an arm full of jackets or purses, trying to figure out which one is a winner.
I always know where my key is because every time I drive my truck I need to physically use it.

I toss my truck key in console when we go riding, Then lock the truck and use the door code thing to get in.
I do the same with my key, but i hide it in the truck. If the FOB is in the vehicle, all someone needs to do is bust the window and push the start button.
I love the key pads.

Apparently Jeep is trying to one-up Ford in the keyfob size category.
It's close, but I think Jeep might have Ford on the ropes.
Maybe next year...

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 30
Back