Keep the stock 35" Duratrac tires?

No Problem....ordered 2 weeks ago from Tire Rack...waiting on the wheels....I am very impatient....can't wait........

Also my truck is an F250 w/max tow, stock suspension....except for front Summo Springs which gave me about 3/4 of an inch more height up front. If I lifted it anymore.....me and the wife would need step stools to get in...LOL.

did you need an alignment or anything after adding the front Summo Springs?

I think this is EXACTLY the look/offset I am going for. Any side profile pics? Rim diameter? (Looks like 18's again.) HD NV's? What is the tire size/width? 11.5" or 12.5"?

Looks Awesome!

Attachments

• 4B07A959-B75B-4C43-886A-09CD2262469A.jpeg
    4B07A959-B75B-4C43-886A-09CD2262469A.jpeg
    380.1 KB · Views: 428
  • 4B984A3A-0F54-4B6D-ADBD-52C6873D217C.jpeg
    4B984A3A-0F54-4B6D-ADBD-52C6873D217C.jpeg
    407.9 KB · Views: 450
  • 10AFC4E2-3202-4A7C-8337-1461B45CDC9F.jpeg
    10AFC4E2-3202-4A7C-8337-1461B45CDC9F.jpeg
    403.4 KB · Views: 452
did you need an alignment or anything after adding the front Summo Springs?
No I didn't do an alignment...check the photos of my new wheels in "What did you do to your Tremor today?"

Attachments

• 0708201831.jpg
    0708201831.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 471
  • 0708201926_HDR.jpg
    0708201926_HDR.jpg
    450.5 KB · Views: 476
I've always just used the axle tube. They make adapters for floor jack plates that cradles the axle.
There was so much crap attached to the rear axel tube i couldnt find 3 inches of flat to put the jack on.....so i gave up and gently lifted the rear by the shock mounts

I know that. Haha. It will be interring to see if the 34.5 inch tires that are wider look bigger or smaller than stock. I’m gussing they will look bigger, and give it the look of a lifted truck. I could be way wrong though...haha
Turns out they definitly look smaller, that said, they no longer look too skinny and awkward like the stock tires and they come just a hair outside the fender. I am liking it. The 305/70s would probably be the perfect size, but you give up some towing capacity (rated about 3700 LBS).

Turns out they definitly look smaller, that said, they no longer look too skinny and awkward like the stock tires and they come just a hair outside the fender. I am liking it. The 305/70s would probably be the perfect size, but you give up some towing capacity (rated about 3700 LBS).
I like the look. Gives it the lifted look, more space in the wells. I also like the width.
You can definitely see they are shorter when oem wheel is next to them. Did it drop ground clearance at all?

I like the look. Gives it the lifted look, more space in the wells. I also like the width.
You can definitely see they are shorter when oem wheel is next to them. Did it drop ground clearance at all?
Thanks........measured at the top of the fender openings i am 42 1/8 up front and 44 1/4 in back. I lost about 1/2 inch...so not bad at all.

I don’t understand the leveling. Anytime the truck is working tow/haul the front will be high. This looks awful!

Anyone have thoughts on going 295/70 18 or 34.5x12 tire?
So for plowing, putting on a leveling kit will keep the truck at a good hike when the plow is on in your driving around

OK, I know this is going to be pretty dramatic, but I officially hate these Duratrac tires. Someone re-educate me if I have just had "fluke" bad luck, but from my experience, these tires have totally sucked since new. On Dallas, TX wet pavement in the spring I couldn't control them , but they rode well on the highway, and admittedly have improved at everything as they broke in, but it has been me searching for good about them, not me loving them. I am at 4,250 miles now, and liked them on Friday morning as I hit the highway, but less than 8 hours later that opinion changed..

I lost one last night on a dirt road. There was some metal or something that cut it on the middle of the tread (not sidewall) and the tire was flat almost immediately. From what I can read tonight, it appears road hazards are not covered in the Ford / Goodyear tire warranty. That is fine, but that means I get to drop another $300+ dollars on replacing this tire that I was never all that happy with in the first place.

The gash is between 2- 3 inches wide in the center of the tread, and while I got 8 plugs in the tire and it slowed the air loss a lot, it did not stop the leak. On went the spare. It appears by the ease and lack of sound/feel/resistance when doing the plugs, a lot of the steel belt is either cut or broken so the tire is very likely not reparable in my option, even as a spare.

I guess I should hit the classifieds and see if anyone is selling some Tremor wheels and tires, and try and get one at maybe at a bit less than new tire prices. Or.....

Maybe I need different, tough, quiet, all terrain tires. I am not sure Duratrac's are going to cut it. I am ok with the idea of dismounting the spare's Duratrac to mount on the Tremor wheel, and putting my future tire choice on the spare rim.

Does anyone have a durable, quiet, good street and highway manners all-terrain favorite in the Tremor size? I cannot do loud mud tires. I need to make it no louder or quieter than stock, but the same size tire diameter, and good light off-roading like, dirt roads, dirt road mud, sand, snow, easy Moab trails, etc.... Boggers, TSL's, and the like are not an option. This is at most an overland rig, but 99.5% a highway cruiser to camping and hunting destinations. I do tow also, but the closer I am to all terrains or street tires, the better for that.

Ed

OK, I know this is going to be pretty dramatic, but I officially hate these Duratrac tires. Someone re-educate me if I have just had "fluke" bad luck, but from my experience, these tires have totally sucked since new. On Dallas, TX wet pavement in the spring I couldn't control them , but they rode well on the highway, and admittedly have improved at everything as they broke in, but it has been me searching for good about them, not me loving them. I am at 4,250 miles now, and liked them on Friday morning as I hit the highway, but less than 8 hours later that opinion changed..

I lost one last night on a dirt road. There was some metal or something that cut it on the middle of the tread (not sidewall) and the tire was flat almost immediately. From what I can read tonight, it appears road hazards are not covered in the Ford / Goodyear tire warranty. That is fine, but that means I get to drop another $300+ dollars on replacing this tire that I was never all that happy with in the first place.

The gash is between 2- 3 inches wide in the center of the tread, and while I got 8 plugs in the tire and it slowed the air loss a lot, it did not stop the leak. On went the spare. It appears by the ease and lack of sound/feel/resistance when doing the plugs, a lot of the steel belt is either cut or broken so the tire is very likely not reparable in my option, even as a spare.

I guess I should hit the classifieds and see if anyone is selling some Tremor wheels and tires, and try and get one at maybe at a bit less than new tire prices. Or.....

Maybe I need different, tough, quiet, all terrain tires. I am not sure Duratrac's are going to cut it. I am ok with the idea of dismounting the spare's Duratrac to mount on the Tremor wheel, and putting my future tire choice on the spare rim.

Does anyone have a durable, quiet, good street and highway manners all-terrain favorite in the Tremor size? I cannot do loud mud tires. I need to make it no louder or quieter than stock, but the same size tire diameter, and good light off-roading like, dirt roads, dirt road mud, sand, snow, easy Moab trails, etc.... Boggers, TSL's, and the like are not an option. This is at most an overland rig, but 99.5% a highway cruiser to camping and hunting destinations. I do tow also, but the closer I am to all terrains or street tires, the better for that.

Ed

Sorry about the cut tire.

Honestly you might be best finding a used tire (or two) here. IMO These tires do nicely bridge the gap between AT/MT performance and on-road noise. Airing down to something like 58PSI front and 68PSI rear really helps with grip and ride. I started out not liking them but really do now. I’ve got 5k miles.

I know from experience that Toyo MT or Toyo AT2 would be much louder. Good tires aren’t cheap.

i think the stock size is the right size but that’a just what looks good to me. :)

Last edited:

Ed
I love my BFG KO2 on my Jeeps and my truck and you can get a E Load tire for towing which they are pretty good for.... no road noise but my truck has a loud exhaust so don't hear them over that if i really do. They are really smooth and eat pot hole pretty good... and i have ran over alot of shit with them still haven't lost a tire. i mounted and balance myself so they got done right.... only thing they so spin when your taking off from a stop in the Rain... the ground is wet and i hit the gas they spin but in heavy rain zero issues and never hydroplane going 65 in heavy rain, on the jeep use to for mud, snow and rock crawling and they are really good, they put them on the Raptor and Rubicon. They are a good option

I like BFG KO2's also...... BFG's are made by Michelin.........but they are not perfectly quiet. I also had really good luck with Cooper Discoverer AT3's which were quieter. I will say this about road noise. If your tire sticks out past the fender you will hear them. The further they stick out the louder your tires will be. I am currently running Cooper STT Pros which are a full blown MT tire. But they are only just a hair louder than stock. I am sure as they wear they will get louder.

I've run KO2 tires on several trucks & suvs and never had an issue. They are a bit slippery in the rain though. Nice smooth ride on the highway and tough off-road. The problem is I don't think they offer the KO2 in a 285/75/18. I believe the KO2 is one of the few tires that has a 3 ply sidewall vs 2 ply in most of the others.

I was just looking at Discount Tires website and noticed the rate the Duratrak as "best". Not sure how they come up with that rating.
duratrac-best-tire.png

I would also research the Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT tires. It's offered in a LT285/75R/18 - 11.5" wide, 34.84" tall and has the best max load of 4080 pounds per tire.

Another option I've been considering once I get my truck is swapping out the tires right away for a LT295/70R/18. These are a little wider than stock (12" vs 11.5") and slightly shorter (34.25" vs 34.84").

I've run KO2 tires on several trucks & suvs and never had an issue. They are a bit slippery in the rain though. Nice smooth ride on the highway and tough off-road. The problem is I don't think they offer the KO2 in a 285/75/18. I believe the KO2 is one of the few tires that has a 3 ply sidewall vs 2 ply in most of the others.

I was just looking at Discount Tires website and noticed the rate the Duratrak as "best". Not sure how they come up with that rating.
View attachment 3417

I would also research the Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT tires. It's offered in a LT285/75R/18 - 11.5" wide, 34.84" tall and has the best max load of 4080 pounds per tire.

Another option I've been considering once I get my truck is swapping out the tires right away for a LT295/70R/18. These are a little wider than stock (12" vs 11.5") and slightly shorter (34.25" vs 34.84").
That is exactly the size I am running......in the cooper stt pro, they are 34.5 x 12

One more thing Rock.....when I replaced my Duratracs....I bought 5 new wheels and tires all with tpms sensors........cause I want to rotate 5 and not have my spare setting off alarms.....have not been back to dealer yet to reprogram for 5.......

I’ve had duratracs on my Toyota Tundra for several years now. I hunt a lot all around the western US. From Montana to along the Mexican border in AZ and NM. This means I spend a ton of time on the highway as well as off road in rocks, sand, mud, hauling ass on gravel roads. Are duratracs perfect at anything? Not really. Are the really good in a wide variety of conditions? I believe so. In my opinion duratracs are some of the best general purpose on/off road tires. It’s hard to find a tire that is decent in mud that won’t scare the crap out of you on snowy/icy roads. The duratracs balance these conditions better than any tire I have owned. They are surprisingly secure on snowy roads. They kind of dig in in loose sand. Lowering air pressure helps a lot in sand. If tremors didn’t come with duratracs I would have seriously considered putting them on when I receive the truck. A good balance of highway manners and off-road capability in a wide variety of terrain. I’ve found them to be pretty tough in sharp rocks and mesquite thorns too. If your usage will be primarily a single type of conditions maybe there are better tires. But duratracs have worked very well for me in a wide range of conditions.

Back