Just got one of the last 2020 orders in !!! With factory installed Winch :) 3 days from order to VIN!

ANVIL_01

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Military
USMC
Current Ride
Ford F350 Superduty Tremor
Current Ride #2
Ford Explorer
Hello,

So I settled on my Configuration Friday. This is how I buy trucks/cars.

I called, then sent an email with my configuration to six fleet sales reps/ internet sales reps/ or personalization sales reps ( who ever the particular dealership told me to work with ) with my exact specs.

In my email I clearly noted what features where non negotiable and what features I could live without in case the find the truck, otherwise I was clear it would have to be ordered.

In my email I clearly state I am looking for best price period, that I won’t work dealers against each other, and who ever returns that will get my business.

Where it gets interesting.......

Tuesday Aug 11, 3 dealers responded ordering is closed for 2020. 1 dealer apparently could not read and kept trying to sell me a Tremor on the lot, but eventually returned best price on a 2020. 2 dealers said they could order and returned best price Straight off.

This is a big purchase and I like to know what’s going on so I called ford. Ford stated that when it gets close to the model change some dealers close out orders sooner than others, and they stated that I need to work with my dealer. So this aligned with the info I was getting back.

A dealer that I had used the same approach with last year and that successfully won the bid request on my wife’s explorer had one on the lot and I drove down and brought it the next day. So they probably knew I was for real from their CRM. And my Bronco reservations :).

That dealer returned 250 over MSRP. The dealer also stated that there is a good chance there will be 2020 super duty incentives when I take delivery, and also told me to keep trying for that super secret PCO cash or whatever it’s called.

I am aware of 1-3 percent hold back, but, I like people to be happy, I like a deal, but I also want them to be happy with the deal, win win.

On my set up, 2020 lariat loaded out to the max with exactly what I wanted it was just in including a factory installed winch.

I got just under 7 percent off MSRPfrom a well thought out email with the dealer that provided the low bid.

Quick, easy, happy. I also think the dealer was very honest and straight forward. He also said if you can’t let us sell this for 250 overINVOICE on a 80k+++ truck we probably don’t want your business which I respect.

I learned so much on this forum, of what to order on this truck and thank you all.

I also learned a lot of new stuff like buying your warranty from Flood Ford ESP ( I will be curious about my dealer numbers vs theirs) I was able to negotiate them down on my wife’s explorer.

will take a loan on around 40-45 K for 2-4 years. Probably get the loan from Navy Federal at 2.0% or so, or lease. I own a company so will have to talk to the CPA.

I am on vacation and woke up this morning to a cool text from my dealer rep, with a finger pointing to a VIN already on a pic he took with his phone. And a quote, how is this for the fastest vin ever!

the only thing up in the air is the color.

I always had Silver RAMs. My last truck was a black 2015 Power Wagon ( black just shows every scratch or branch mark to the MAX) that was a lemon or piece of shit, or both. ( my wife’s Jeep Cherokee made me jump from Chrysler to ford very unhappy , very cheap feeling, did not hold up well .

I am going back to silver and ordered as such, the tomorrow when I get home the dealer said they have a silver spruce F150 I can check out and change the color if I want, but must do it soon.

Great dealer, great experience, great forum.

So impressed with the quality and performance of explorer, I think ford just got a new family for life.

Also ford seems to be more in touch, they crushed it with the bronco... and they didn’t place that useless annoying super large Tesla like screen in their trucks yet. Dials man touch buttons. I have to keep my eyes on the deer and elk, don’t have time to look at that screen to change stuff.

The photo the dealer texted me showed my build week in second of October, so cool as typically dealers can find my truck, this is my first legit factory order.

Last edited:
In other news, there will be a 2015 Laramie Power Wagon for sale in WA state soon, 61k miles, transferable extended warranty, only been in the shop 9 times for major warranty work, for a total of just over 90 days in 4.5 years. Lol.

In other news, there will be a 2015 Laramie Power Wagon for sale in WA state soon, 61k miles, transferable extended warranty, only been in the shop 9 times for major warranty work, for a total of just over 90 days in 4.5 years. Lol.

Sounds like my 2019 Ram Limited. lol

Great news! …. so... want to go back to the winch... did they actually provide proof it is released? May want to check the other BLOGs on here.

congrats, I am sure it will be in a touch sooner, I got my Vin within a few days of order. Just shows that some dealerships are on the ball.

7.3 or 6.7????

"He also said if you can’t let us sell this for 250 over MSRP on a 80k+++ truck we probably don’t want your business which I respect. "

eh, no respect. A vehicle should never sell for above MSRP. I don't care what it is, any vehicle should easily be a few % under MSRP, and much better if there are incentives. Any dealer not willing to budge on MSRP or wanted more than MSRP is a jerkoff, IMO. What's his excuse for wanting 250 over MSRP when you found another dealer giving you 7% (~5600) under? Dealer 2 can still make a profit discounting the truck more then 5.5K, but dealer 1 needs $250 over to make money?

"He also said if you can’t let us sell this for 250 over MSRP on a 80k+++ truck we probably don’t want your business which I respect. "

eh, no respect. A vehicle should never sell for above MSRP. I don't care what it is, any vehicle should easily be a few % under MSRP, and much better if there are incentives. Any dealer not willing to budge on MSRP or wanted more than MSRP is a jerkoff, IMO. What's his excuse for wanting 250 over MSRP when you found another dealer giving you 7% (~5600) under? Dealer 2 can still make a profit discounting the truck more then 5.5K, but dealer 1 needs $250 over to make money?

I am pretty sure he is meaning to say $250 over INVOICE..

I am pretty sure he is meaning to say $250 over INVOICE..
yeah, that definitely changes things lol

I'd never heard of dealers asking for MORE than MSRP until I moved to SoCal and about 6 months ago my wife wanted, for some reason, a Kia Telluride. They're not making enough of them and dealers out here are asking for, and apparently getting, upwards of $5000-$7000 OVER sticker. 3 Kia dealers let me walk out when I said I wouldn't go over MSRP.....ended up getting her a VW Atlas. I understand supply and demand but 5K over sticker for an f-ing Kia?

I worked for Ford for many years. There are a few vehicles that do sell for over MSRP.

The 2020 GT350R we were selling for $15,000 OVER MSRP.

2018 Ford Focus RS was selling for $5000 over when they were first released as well.

Craziness!

Great news! …. so... want to go back to the winch... did they actually provide proof it is released? May want to check the other BLOGs on here.

Yes they should me the build list.

I made a typo this morning I corrected it in the original post, should have read 250.00 over Invoice lol, not MSRP.

I worked for Ford for many years. There are a few vehicles that do sell for over MSRP.

The 2020 GT350R we were selling for $15,000 OVER MSRP.

2018 Ford Focus RS was selling for $5000 over when they were first released as well.

Craziness!

I made a typo in the original post I meant to say over invoice.

congrats, I am sure it will be in a touch sooner, I got my Vin within a few days of order. Just shows that some dealerships are on the ball.

7.3 or 6.7????

I made the mistake of test driving a 6.7 ... so... holly wowza... I got the 6.7 so my first diesel.

I made the mistake of test driving a 6.7 ... so... holly wowza... I got the 6.7 so my first diesel.
awesome a 6.7 with winch!!!!! photos asap when it comes in.
I love mine and its really coming to life after a few thousand miles.

Sounds like your dealer had a order in and gave the build to you. lucky you, should save you lots of wait time.

Back