Joining the club - Ordered my 2022 7.3 F350 with X-Plan pricing, Oct 2021

How many production delay emails did you receive from Ford before your truck was actually built?

• Total voters

Diamondback_REB3

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F150
Was "lurking" on the forum for a while soaking up all the good information that is shared. Got my X-Plan PIN through the Ford stock ownership route, pulled the trigger and ordered my 7.3 F350 last week. Now the long wait begins. I'm coming from a 16 year old F150 XLT I have had since new so this will be a bit of an upgrade. Like many I really struggled with the Godzilla vs PSD question and I get why many choose the PSD. It was not a $$$ question for me so much as looking at what I wanted over the long haul and the 7.3 was a better fit. At this point I have received the confirmation email you get from Ford acknowledging my order, I'll update this thread as the process moves forward so others can benefit from hearing about the wait times, etc.. For now I spend my time surfing the web looking at all the ways I can customize this new toy. ;)

Gives us the details!!

Also, no need to justify 7.3 over the Powerstroke! Do what fits your needs
Agreed - I appreciate the relative simplicity of the 7.3. Watching/reading the comparison videos/posts I'm comfortable I made the right choice. Looking forward to seeing it in my driveway!

Some of the options I went with:

Star White

Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System with Pro Trailer Backup Assist™

Tremor with LARIAT Ultimate Package

Tremor with LARIAT Black Appearance Package

Hood Deflector – Black Molded

5th-Wheel/Gooseneck Hitch Prep Package

12,000 lb. Ford Performance Parts winch by Warn

Dual Battery

Alternator – 397 Amp

Black Onyx Premium Leather

Upfitter Switches

Universal Garage Door Opener

Just wanted to give you a heads up that the Winch will not be installed at the factory. It will show up in a box with the truck and installed by the dealership. I didn't realize this therefore thought I would tell you.
I heard about that, sounds like you need to QC the install, hopefully they know what they are doing.

Welcome and congrats on your order

Got the email I've been waiting for, VIN and production date estimate. Ordered early October, about 6 weeks to get the VIN (mid-November) and build scheduled for mid-January. I'm guessing about 5 months from order to delivery which seems about where most people are landing in this process. I'll just have to keep surfing this forum in the meantime taking notes on mods. etc. :)
Build date Jan 17 2022.jpg

the scheduled for production notice you have received is bullshit ! had mine for 3 months and my dealer said my truck is at the plant waiting to be built . but still no advancement . All ford did is move you from line 1 waiting and now moved to line 2 to wait . Just a way of rubbing your hand and saying don't leave and go someplace else . Going this weekend to dodge to place a order and which one shows up first I keep. So this tremor forum might turn into a place to sell my order or place in line . Nothing worse then being kept in the dark and told look how sunny it is

the scheduled for production notice you have received is bullshit ! had mine for 3 months and my dealer said my truck is at the plant waiting to be built . but still no advancement . All ford did is move you from line 1 waiting and now moved to line 2 to wait . Just a way of rubbing your hand and saying don't leave and go someplace else . Going this weekend to dodge to place a order and which one shows up first I keep. So this tremor forum might turn into a place to sell my order or place in line . Nothing worse then being kept in the dark and told look how sunny it is
Hopefully it is not a start of a trend with further delays, not a point where I would try and bail. If you do go with Dodge let us know how things went with getting your deposit back from Ford.

More delays!!! Just got my fourth "The scheduled for production date has changed" email.

Here is the history of emails rec'd from Ford, order/deposit completed on Oct 4, 2021 at the dealership:

Oct 7 - "Order confirmed"
Nov 16 - "Scheduled for production" on Jan 17
Dec 16 - 1st delay - production moved to Jan 31
Jan 14 - 2nd delay- production moved to Feb 7
Feb 4- 3rd delay- production moved to Feb 14
Jan 5 - 4th delay- production moved to Feb 21

Hopefully getting closer but it is a little frustrating, haven't bought a new truck in 18 years (still driving that F150). Just want to get behind the wheel of this thing - :)!

Back