Joining the club - Ordered my 2022 7.3 F350 with X-Plan pricing, Oct 2021

Diamondback_REB3

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F150
Was "lurking" on the forum for a while soaking up all the good information that is shared. Got my X-Plan PIN through the Ford stock ownership route, pulled the trigger and ordered my 7.3 F350 last week. Now the long wait begins. I'm coming from a 16 year old F150 XLT I have had since new so this will be a bit of an upgrade. Like many I really struggled with the Godzilla vs PSD question and I get why many choose the PSD. It was not a $$$ question for me so much as looking at what I wanted over the long haul and the 7.3 was a better fit. At this point I have received the confirmation email you get from Ford acknowledging my order, I'll update this thread as the process moves forward so others can benefit from hearing about the wait times, etc.. For now I spend my time surfing the web looking at all the ways I can customize this new toy. ;)

OP
Diamondback_REB3

Diamondback_REB3

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F150
Gives us the details!!

Also, no need to justify 7.3 over the Powerstroke! Do what fits your needs
Agreed - I appreciate the relative simplicity of the 7.3. Watching/reading the comparison videos/posts I'm comfortable I made the right choice. Looking forward to seeing it in my driveway!

OP
Diamondback_REB3

Diamondback_REB3

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F150
Some of the options I went with:

Star White

Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System with Pro Trailer Backup Assist™

Tremor with LARIAT Ultimate Package

Tremor with LARIAT Black Appearance Package

Hood Deflector – Black Molded

5th-Wheel/Gooseneck Hitch Prep Package

12,000 lb. Ford Performance Parts winch by Warn

Dual Battery

Alternator – 397 Amp

Black Onyx Premium Leather

Upfitter Switches

Universal Garage Door Opener

OP
Diamondback_REB3

Diamondback_REB3

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F150
Just wanted to give you a heads up that the Winch will not be installed at the factory. It will show up in a box with the truck and installed by the dealership. I didn't realize this therefore thought I would tell you.
I heard about that, sounds like you need to QC the install, hopefully they know what they are doing.

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge