Jack replacement

RangerR47

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
I am looking into replacing the OEM jack with a better bottle jack. I have spent quite a bit of time researching them and found that pretty much every single bottle jack is indeed made in the same factory, in china...they are the same jack most of the time...just has a diff sticker on it. Some companies do have a better warranty, or parts available to rebuild, etc. But again, its the same jack.

It seems that US Jack is about the only one made in the US, yes it cost more.

Im considering the 5 ton US Jack, can get it for about $175 , I would consider another for sure, if it was not just a rebranded china jack.

Other than deciding which to get, assuming I get the 5 ton US Jack, or some other 6 ton...My question is..will a 5-6 ton jack fit in the spot where the jack currently sits? Im assuming they are larger, but not having one to physically see I figured I would ask.

Any other jack recommendations are welcome, but not looking for a floor jack or jack that is huge and wont fit. I use the backseat too much so cant just leave it sitting back there, under the seat is full...and dont have a toolbox in bed to store one.

Thanks

Be careful with a hydraulic bottle jack, they don't like to be laid on their side, in my experience. There might be some that can do this but definitely not all of them.

I am looking into replacing the OEM jack with a better bottle jack. I have spent quite a bit of time researching them and found that pretty much every single bottle jack is indeed made in the same factory, in china...they are the same jack most of the time...just has a diff sticker on it. Some companies do have a better warranty, or parts available to rebuild, etc. But again, its the same jack.

Im considering the 5 ton US Jack, can get it for about $175 , I would consider another for sure, if it was not just a rebranded china jack.

Other than deciding which to get, assuming I get the 5 ton US Jack, or some other 6 ton...My question is..will a 5-6 ton jack fit in the spot where the jack currently sits? Im assuming they are larger, but not having one to physically see I figured I would ask.

Any other jack recommendations are welcome, but not looking for a floor jack or jack that is huge and wont fit. I use the backseat too much so cant just leave it sitting back there, under the seat is full...and dont have a toolbox in bed to store one.

Thanks
I have a hi-range, 12 ton, US Jack and I can’t say enough about buying USA Made. They are a great company and make great products. Their site has dimensions on each jack that may help, similar to the attached hi-range pictures.

0B2B047C-C0CD-4A28-AF64-5964418B776E.jpeg

3837FAF4-B574-4E1B-8ADE-74389224C6F8.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a hi-range, 12 ton, US Jack and I can’t say enough about buying USA Made. They are a great company and make great products. Their site has dimensions on each jack that may help, similar to the attached hi-range pictures.

View attachment 61265
View attachment 61266
I purchased a 2.5 ton aluminum floor jack, don't like bottle Jack's, tip easly on uneven ground/pavement.

Thanks
Have you checked into the bottle jacks at McMaster-Carr? I attached a link to their heavy duty bottle jacks. I'm guessing you can find out from customer service whether they are Chinese made or not.

I purchased a 2.5 ton aluminum floor jack, don't like bottle Jack's, tip easly on uneven ground/pavement.
I didn’t say that was the only jack I have. He was specifically asking about US Jack. I have a 3 ton floor jack, hi-lift and various others. I stay away from the HarborFreight and China junk, period. Especially the junk China jack stands made these days that many use. They also make a base/extensions for the bottle jack you can purchase or use a shovel to level a spot for better stability.

Problem with a 2.5 ton floor jack is it will not lift my 5th wheel effectively and takes up too much space. Different jacks for different applications. I will add an Eagle Off Road type jack in the future. Bottle jacks can spread bent metal, hi-lift can be use as a winch and various other applications. Again, not a one jack fits all applications.

Last edited:
Have you checked into the bottle jacks at McMaster-Carr? I attached a link to their heavy duty bottle jacks. I'm guessing you can find out from customer service whether they are Chinese made or not.
They say right on the product page Country of Origin:

CLDKgn0.png

They say right on the product page Country of Origin:

CLDKgn0.png
Cool. I didn't even bother to open one of the spec pages. I've always liked McMaster-Carr. I know they can be a little pricey but you cab get stuff there you can't hardly find any where else. They serve heavy industry and aero space to you can pretty much count on their quality to be tops. Also when you order it goes out fast and arrives in just a few days.

Click on the blue highlighted part number at the right to get to the product detail page.

I bought the US Jack 12 ton, and it looks identical to the McMaster Car jack. US Jack makes jacks for all of the major companies and military. Could be, McMaster is just remarketing the same jack. It is cheaper on Amazon or even cheaper, through eBay (plus shipping). I also added a bottle jack buddy (eBay) which fits around the Dana 60, 70, and 80, axle shaft perfectly. The US Jack exudes quality. Nothing like the cheaper Chinese made ones I used to buy. As one reviewer stated on Amazon, "Don't waste your money on cheap alternatives. Most of the time when you need this tool, you're having a bad day".

20220922_215523a.jpg

Attachments

• 20220922_215845a.jpg
    20220922_215845a.jpg
    357 KB · Views: 80
I appreciate all the replies so far, I had not found McMaster in my search so glad to know there is another US company. Im really leaning towards the 5ton US Jack, so far the cheapest I have found it for is about $175. I am still concerned with where to store it in the truck though.

I have a floor jack for home use, so this is strictly for replacing the stock and keeping in the truck for the inevitable day I get a flat when I least suspect it....

I like the Safejack products and am considering one of their kits (yes, I missed the group buy) but it would seem as though the Omega jacks used are made in China:

"Our lifting products and winches are manufactured in the Shinn Fu Group's ISO-9000 factories, we are able to provide a quality product that meets the industry standards"

I'm not say this to imply that they are of poor quality, rather I thought the OP was looking for something manufactured in the US.

I like the Safejack products and am considering one of their kits (yes, I missed the group buy) but it would seem as though the Omega jacks used are made in China:

"Our lifting products and winches are manufactured in the Shinn Fu Group's ISO-9000 factories, we are able to provide a quality product that meets the industry standards"

I'm not say this to imply that they are of poor quality, rather I thought the OP was looking for something manufactured in the US.
Perhaps the only reason I did not go for this Group buy is the jack they offered. Now, due to supply shortages, they may actually substitute a different jack of "equal value".

I considered just buying the peripherals individually but a little pricey for that after you throw the large base plate in that was included in the group buy. (Not included with the 37M-BJRK-6 kit) The kit can be purchased without the jack, but I don't know if it will work with the 12-ton US jack. Still not off the list of possible future purchases but for now, satisfied with the US jack purchase.

For taking up minimal space bottle jacks are good - work ok on street - but if I am going offroad or towing I always carry a Pro Eagle floor jack.

View attachment 61383
Which Jack do you have? Looks like 3 ton is the heaviest and my truck weighed 9k when weighed the other day. Thanks

I have a 3k for the truck - remember you truck might weigh 9k - but any jack point is not going to be much more than half of that - the front a bit more if you have a diesel motor and that would be lifting 2 wheels at same time - so 6,000 lbs should be plenty of capacity.

I have a 2k also, which I had for awhile but move up to 3k for this truck and leave the 2k in the toyhauler for it and the RZR.

I wish I could use a bottle jack where it is most likely for me to have a tire problem!!! Some folks are lucky or they do not realize that they may have an issue in certain conditions.

I agree. How or where do you store the aluminum floor jack? Or does it just float around in the bed of your truck? Thanks.

Back