It's here! 11 days early. Toms build thread.

I feel highly confident that if I damage these lights off road something else will have to be damaged that I will be more concerned about. They are tucked up in there nicely.

2 1/2 inches between straight edge and the light bottom.

20200430_124018.jpg

20200430_124206~2.jpg

Tom

Last edited:
Coworker/buddy bored so off we went to explore Nevada last night. No luck on the Coyotes but the Jacks were a plenty. Both of us suppressed so mega bonus. Anyways let there be light!!! Words can't say how happy I am with these 2 Rigid light purchases. The new A-pillar lights excelled way beyond expectations. Aimed a few degrees outwards I had almost 180 degrees of light with the side shooter's and with the spot main beams my forward lighting was highly enhanced. The rear lights I have already found an appreciation for with the boat at night so does my buddy with barbed wire fence gates. Sure was nice for him when we went through gates to flip them on so he had daylight back there putting the gate back up.

20200430_011514.jpg

20200430_011454.jpg

20200430_011540.jpg

Tom

Last edited:
Got a little over 13mpg driving 90 miles or so of pavement (70-80mph) which dropped down to mid/upper 9s after +/- 7hrs of 5-20mph off roading which I never shut the engine off even when out of the truck then the 90 miles back for a total of 250 miles/12hr outing 11.2mpg overall. Truck has just over 2k miles on it now. Running cheap gas and 60/60 for tire pressure.

20200430_041708.jpg

$1.93 for gas in Vegas right now. Sure would be nice if that price stayed around for a while.

My first decent off road trip with the Tremor. Gas was always in the back of my mind all night. I'd about kill for the 48 gallon tank the 8ft bed gets. At one point miles driven verse gas remaining wasn't looking good for the trip home. But once back on pavement that worry went away quickly with the mpg's heading up.

Totally happy with the ride considering it's a 3/4 ton. I liked it off roading better than my 13 F150 FX4 that was riding on 20" wheels. Not beat up at all. I'll never buy a truck again with 20s.

One item got both of our full attention last night (twice within a couple minute period). My dash lit up with a red warning box and if I remember right there was an audible also pre-collision system activated or something close to that. My heart skipped a beat seeing all this red on my dash knowing I was well outside of 100 miles from town and many hours of walking for cell coverage. I was doing 2-4mph at the time. I think it was the brush/not very used trail that kicked it off. Or at least hoping so. It was a cross trail between more common trails. The grass between tire ruts was 10-12 inches high with sage brush and whatever else grows out in the desert sometimes as high as smacking the mirrors on the sides. It never happened again after I got off that trail.

For the second time since I got this truck my navigation went wonky sometime during the outing. Was good up to exiting the freeway. When we got back on the freeway to head home I noticed it. Compass all messed up/not really doing anything and map messed up/not showing us were we were. I shut the truck down several times and that didn't fix anything. Then after a while heading home I remember reading off another forumI/totally different subject a few weeks back how to reboot the radio. I figured what the heck... Push the radio on button and radio fast forward button at the same time and hold. Will reboot. All good after that.

Tom

Last edited:
Coworker/buddy bored so off we went to explore Nevada last night. No luck on the Coyotes but the Jacks were a plenty. Both of us suppressed so mega bonus. Anyways let there be light!!! Words can't say how happy I am with these 2 Rigid light purchases. The new A-pillar lights excelled way beyond expectations. Aimed a few degrees outwards I had almost 180 degrees of light with the side shooter's and with the spot main beams my forward lighting was highly enhanced. The rear lights I have already found an appreciation for with the boat at night so does my buddy with barbed wire fence gates. Sure was nice for him when we went through gates to flip them on so he had daylight back there putting the gate back up.

View attachment 1757

View attachment 1758

View attachment 1759

Tom
Looks like a good time

The reason why I wanted the Raptor style rock sliders.

20200509_183209.jpg

But wish they went a little further back.

20200509_183215.jpg

Truck being used for what it was designed to do. No dents but some healthy scratches.

Jeep trails... not 100% F250 friendly?

The face of the drivers side hubcap (now matches other side from previous trip) took damage dropping down into this valley on the first left curve then coming back out the bottom 180 got the rock slider/rear fender opening. I don't think my youngest daughter was a fan on the initial drop in. Love the omg in the video. Also video does the trail no justice to how steep, skinny and crazy this was. Had no choice. The Dodge Power Wagon on 37s did it so had to press on!

44 River run Lake Mead/Overton

Some other random pics.

20200509_113738.jpg

20200509_160415.jpg

20200509_163403.jpg

20200509_195618.jpg

20200510_094149.jpg

First time out and about with peeps with winches. Soooo handy and an absolute must when exiting main trails. 4 or 5 of the vehicles in our 10 vehicle run had them.

Here the jeep was anchoring the Power Wagon who was winching out the Jeep Commander that got water logged when they hit a deep pocket.

20200509_114813.jpg

20200509_114900.jpg

Trip is going to cost me money. I now need an ARB dual compressor and tire deflators. First time for me being out with a group like this and right off the bat all aired down so I followed suit using some of their equipment. What a joy to hit trails all day with 20psi in the tires. My back and body thanked me. The Power Wagen owner had the ARB dual motor compressor and filled us both up in no time at the end of the day.

Tom

Last edited:
Still haven't driven it since leaving the dealer last night. About ready to head out and put a few miles on it. Just had to get the bed partially done ;) Been buying stuff here and there waiting for it to show. Might make a few adjustments to how I mounted everything up. I'm extremely happy with Built Right Industries bed rack system. Everything mounted up solid!

Tom
Sweet looking truck. But you gotta drive that 7.3L. I have almost 8k on mine. I got mine Feb 27. Nothing like the sound of a big block V8.

Got a little over 13mpg driving 90 miles or so of pavement (70-80mph) which dropped down to mid/upper 9s after +/- 7hrs of 5-20mph off roading which I never shut the engine off even when out of the truck then the 90 miles back for a total of 250 miles/12hr outing 11.2mpg overall. Truck has just over 2k miles on it now. Running cheap gas and 60/60 for tire pressure.

View attachment 1760

$1.93 for gas in Vegas right now. Sure would be nice if that price stayed around for a while.

My first decent off road trip with the Tremor. Gas was always in the back of my mind all night. I'd about kill for the 48 gallon tank the 8ft bed gets. At one point miles driven verse gas remaining wasn't looking good for the trip home. But once back on pavement that worry went away quickly with the mpg's heading up.

Totally happy with the ride considering it's a 3/4 ton. I liked it off roading better than my 13 F150 FX4 that was riding on 20" wheels. Not beat up at all. I'll never buy a truck again with 20s.

One item got both of our full attention last night (twice within a couple minute period). My dash lit up with a red warning box and if I remember right there was an audible also pre-collision system activated or something close to that. My heart skipped a beat seeing all this red on my dash knowing I was well outside of 100 miles from town and many hours of walking for cell coverage. I was doing 2-4mph at the time. I think it was the brush/not very used trail that kicked it off. Or at least hoping so. It was a cross trail between more common trails. The grass between tire ruts was 10-12 inches high with sage brush and whatever else grows out in the desert sometimes as high as smacking the mirrors on the sides. It never happened again after I got off that trail.

For the second time since I got this truck my navigation went wonky sometime during the outing. Was good up to exiting the freeway. When we got back on the freeway to head home I noticed it. Compass all messed up/not really doing anything and map messed up/not showing us were we were. I shut the truck down several times and that didn't fix anything. Then after a while heading home I remember reading off another forumI/totally different subject a few weeks back how to reboot the radio. I figured what the heck... Push the radio on button and radio fast forward button at the same time and hold. Will reboot. All good after that.

Tom
Question, how did you get the temperature display above the temperature gauges?

Another outing another fun day on the trail with 14 or maybe it was 15 other vehicles from Vegas hitting up southern Utah last weekend. Toquerville Falls north and slightly east of St George, Utah. (The falls was way more packed that anyone that had been there before had ever seen/we're blaming Covid 19 for that). We took the "easy" trail up there (some clearance, 4x4 and decent tires needed) then the level 3-4 trail following the creek down zig zagging it. Several stayed at the falls for the night and didn't complete the difficult section down. 20psi all around on the tires is perfect for this truck with the 7.3L for traction and to give my back a rest! Makes the truck feel like a 1/2 ton ride wise. Every single creek crossing was challenging for the full size types. No metal damage but a few more racing stripes added to my paint job. Rear diff dragged a few times, lower shock mounts dragged a couple, both running boards dragged across rocks many times (passenger side bowed a pinch in the middle/nothing one easy jump on it didn't undo). I need a level on this thing bad for extra clearance! Too bad Carli won't have their gas specific Tremor kits out till later this year. The big Dodge Power Wagon that is leveled on 37's in the group only had to break out his winch once to help one of the smaller trucks get up over a ledge on a up hill section with a large boulder in the mix. (I was on 2 wheels in that section! Front Right/rear left trying to make the break over on the top and avoid crushing my left running board via a badly nature placed boulder on the crest of popping over. (I had to climb the trail side with the front right some to get up far enough to avoid that boulder.) Very eerie/queasy feeling rocking on 2 tires needless to say. (No vids or pics of that one.) Rear locker pulled me through like a champ!

20200530_112908.jpg

20200530_122801.jpg

20200530_130101.jpg

Only the jeeps and FJ could go straight. 3 foot drop off the rocks on one side. No one could go to the right of the picture due to the boulders. All the full sized vehicles had to go to the left side of the picture narrowly missing a tree.... I know a Dodge picture. I only had a few pictures so using what I have...

20200530_151924.jpg

The Toyota had to be pulled over the mid way up ledge on this climb out.

20200530_164743a.jpg

FB_IMG_1590897979045.jpg

A little dirty...

20200530_174349.jpg

Filling all 4 up at one using a ARB twin air and Inde Flate 4 hose set-up. 20-60psi in 15 minutes.

20200530_175903.jpg

Tom

Awesome! Loved the thread, thanks for describing the trip! Looks like it was a blast!

That's cool. Looks like a great trip. Fun obstacles. The pin-striping makes me nauseous but it's inevitable

Another outing another fun day on the trail with 14 or maybe it was 15 other vehicles from Vegas hitting up southern Utah last weekend. Toquerville Falls north and slightly east of St George, Utah. (The falls was way more packed that anyone that had been there before had ever seen/we're blaming Covid 19 for that). We took the "easy" trail up there (some clearance, 4x4 and decent tires needed) then the level 3-4 trail following the creek down zig zagging it. Several stayed at the falls for the night and didn't complete the difficult section down. 20psi all around on the tires is perfect for this truck with the 7.3L for traction and to give my back a rest! Makes the truck feel like a 1/2 ton ride wise. Every single creek crossing was challenging for the full size types. No metal damage but a few more racing stripes added to my paint job. Rear diff dragged a few times, lower shock mounts dragged a couple, both running boards dragged across rocks many times (passenger side bowed a pinch in the middle/nothing one easy jump on it didn't undo). I need a level on this thing bad for extra clearance! Too bad Carli won't have their gas specific Tremor kits out till later this year. The big Dodge Power Wagon that is leveled on 37's in the group only had to break out his winch once to help one of the smaller trucks get up over a ledge on a up hill section with a large boulder in the mix. (I was on 2 wheels in that section! Front Right/rear left trying to make the break over on the top and avoid crushing my left running board via a badly nature placed boulder on the crest of popping over. (I had to climb the trail side with the front right some to get up far enough to avoid that boulder.) Very eerie/queasy feeling rocking on 2 tires needless to say. (No vids or pics of that one.) Rear locker pulled me through like a champ!

View attachment 2171

View attachment 2172

View attachment 2173

Only the jeeps and FJ could go straight. 3 foot drop off the rocks on one side. No one could go to the right of the picture due to the boulders. All the full sized vehicles had to go to the left side of the picture narrowly missing a tree.... I know a Dodge picture. I only had a few pictures so using what I have...

View attachment 2174

The Toyota had to be pulled over the mid way up ledge on this climb out.

View attachment 2176

View attachment 2179

A little dirty...

View attachment 2177

Filling all 4 up at one using a ARB twin air and Inde Flate 4 hose set-up. 20-60psi in 15 minutes.

View attachment 2178

Tom
What a trip! I think the scratches look awesome. Own em'

Back