It's here! 11 days early. Toms build thread.

Just curios about that bumper and the front camera. Are there any issues with vision?
I've got the same bumper. It's not too bad but you can still see the front bar

Attachments

• 16058879797592759308923716668662.jpg
    16058879797592759308923716668662.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 214
Went and hit Wheelers pass again for the heck of it. Mostly peeps from work. Some with experience and some learning. Beautiful day to be out and about.

20201125_101300.jpg

2 diesel Tremors plus my gas on the run.

20201125_122848.jpg

20201125_122922.jpg

20201125_123054.jpg

20201125_122942.jpg

My jeep pose! Lol

20201125_130251.jpg

Tremor rolls on, Toyota 4runner not so much ?

A couple I pulled off my dash cam.

Tom

Last edited:
Tremor rolls on, Toyota 4runner not so much ?
There were a few sounds from (what I'm guessing was the) 4runner's dash cam that would make my stomach turn - if it were my truck. Ouch. Did he do any sheet metal damage to his rig?

There were a few sounds from (what I'm guessing was the) 4runner's dash cam that would make my stomach turn - if it were my truck. Ouch. Did he do any sheet metal damage to his rig?
No sheet metal. He has custom made rock sliders that save the body all the time.

Tom

I was totally surprised to get a text yesterday afternoon that my Tremor was here! I couldn't type I'm ready now fast enough. lol. He said in a few hours since they needed to inspect and detail. I cleaned out the 2013 F150 FX4, hit the car wash for a nice appearance for trade in purposes and was off to the dealer.

+/- 7 weeks. Works for me! Wasn't supposed to be here until the 17th. Ordered Jan 17 with a truck order processed date of 20 Jan.

Sport, Ultimate, 7.3L, dual batteries/alternators, bed cover, etc, etc. Most of the goodies. Did my first upgrade with the cup holders last night. They just happened to show up yesterday. Time to go mess with it. Didn't get home until well into the darkness hours last night so only have a couple miles on it.

Got a small pile of stuff in the garage for it. Built right bed storage, etc all ready to be installed.

Tom
Very Nice!!! Love all the upgrades. Looks like you are in Vegas? I picked up my F350 7.3L Lariat from Gaudin the day after Thanksgiving.

Congrats!!! Time to get it dirty!

I'm in the north end of Vegas.

Tom
Hey bro. I bought the LP6 lights for my future beast with Yellow lenses with the panel brackets from Bbretts pics. He said he is selling them and did not like his set up. It made me second guess my thought process.
I went with the yellow because they looked cool and thought i did not want to blind someone. But now rethinking the whole idea of wanting clear lenses for the purpose of lighting up the trail or road if needed. I'm wondering if i should even putting them on also. Whats your opinion my man. I did not recieve them yet so I'm sure i can return them or replace them. Thanks for your feedback. I'm just buying mods to do up my rig the best that I can.
Don

Hey bro. I bought the LP6 lights for my future beast with Yellow lenses with the panel brackets from Bbretts pics. He said he is selling them and did not like his set up. It made me second guess my thought process.
I went with the yellow because they looked cool and thought i did not want to blind someone. But now rethinking the whole idea of wanting clear lenses for the purpose of lighting up the trail or road if needed. I'm wondering if i should even putting them on also. Whats your opinion my man. I did not recieve them yet so I'm sure i can return them or replace them. Thanks for your feedback. I'm just buying mods to do up my rig the best that I can.
Don
Amber has it's place. When following it's dope on the trail to really light up but not be obnoxious to those in front plus it cuts through their dust big time/less reflective off the hanging dust. When in this situation I drop my headlights to just the halo on/tail lights on for less white going forward. When leading or alone I prefer white and light up the trail.

With my Rigid's I can pop on/off amber filters in seconds.

Current I am running amber filters on my quad Rigid cubes on my bumper and the 2 A pillar Rigid cubes. With their being snow lately in the Vegas mountains amber is the bomb when up on the mountains day/night when snow is falling. I still have my 30" white Rigid light bar on the bumper when I need to really see.

If one was never planning on being out in a group white rocks.

Multiple lights on a vehicle allows one to configure for multiple situations.

Though I don't have them I know LP9s rocks.

Ton

Last edited:
Amber has it's place. When following it's dope on the trail to really light up but not be obnoxious to those in front. When leading I prefer white and light up the trail.

With my Rigid's I can pop on/off amber filters in seconds.

Current I am running amber filters on my quad Rigid cubes on my bumper and the 2 A pillar Rigid cubes. With their being snow lately in the Vegas mountains amber is the bomb when up on the mountains day/night when snow is falling. I still have my 30" white Rigid light bar on the bumper when I need to really see.

If one was never planning on being out in a group white rocks.

Multiple lights on a vehicle allows one to configure for multiple situations.

Though I don't have them I know LP9s rocks.

Ton
Thanks. That has given me more to think about. ??????

Thanks. That has given me more to think about. ??????
Each light set adds/fills in a different zone. No set does its all. When all white the oem LED high beams flood nicely. The quad bumper cubes expand and considerably widen that flood using Rigids driving pattern. The 30" bar again bumps everything in front plus expands the range with Rigids broad spot (hybrid spot/flood pattern) The A-pillar spots hit the left and right ditch area +/- 100yds down the road then the side shooter element of them expands my 50-100ft area of my sides almost giving me 180 degrees of usable trail light (not going across the desert at 100 mph light).

Tom

Last edited:
Each light set adds/fills in a different zone. No set does its all. When all white the oem high beams flood nicely. The quad bumper cubes expand and considerably widen that flood using Rigids driving pattern. The 30" bar again bumps everything in front plus expands the range with Rigids broad spot (hybrid spot/flood pattern) The A-pillar spots hit the left and right ditch area +/- 100yds down the road then the side shooter element of them expands my 50-100ft area of my sides almost giving me 180 degrees of usable light.

Tom
I bought a big 40” Rigid RDS curved led light bar that Stephane showed on a pic. I ordered and just opened the box of these huge 6” rigid led light bars I thought I’d put under the bumper.
But they look way to big. LP6 panel lights for the hood. I didn’t get them yet but the harness just came in. It’s wiring is thick. I may have over done everything. I saw Brett had LP4 and then saw the LP6 and said oh I guess that’s better. Like I said it’s coming in Amber snd still not sure what to do. Did you get a suspension on that sweet beast of yours
95FB9305-35EA-4968-B008-078A0F7EDF74.jpeg

I bought a big 40” Rigid RDS curved led light bar that Stephane showed on a pic. I ordered and just opened the box of these huge 6” rigid led light bars I thought I’d put under the bumper.
But they look way to big. LP6 panel lights for the hood. I didn’t get them yet but the harness just came in. It’s wiring is thick. I may have over done everything. I saw Brett had LP4 and then saw the LP6 and said oh I guess that’s better. Like I said it’s coming in Amber snd still not sure what to do. Did you get a suspension on that sweet beast of yours View attachment 10736
Nice, one can never over do lighting ? I've been pondering that light bar in the 54" flavor (85k lumen) for the roof. Not sure yet. I've read enough horror stories about wind noise, etc.

Suspension is killing me. I want to go up some but what's available is highly limited for the gas truck. Everything is for the heavier diesel engine. I don't want that ride. I need more height/clearance. It's a bear on many trails to get through without lots of sweating over body damage. Long wheel based vehicles certainly have their challenge to them when off the pavement.

Carli is the only thing out that I know of tailored to the gas engine but limited to only a level. Nothing higher. Their level would actually lower my leveled truck with 2.5" pucks on the front. Plus them being so darn spendy.

Tom

Nice, one can never over do lighting ? I've been pondering that light bar in the 54" flavor (85k lumen) for the roof. Not sure yet. I've read enough horror stories about wind noise, etc.

Suspension is killing me. I want to go up some but what's available is highly limited for the gas truck. Everything is for the heavier diesel engine. I don't want that ride. I need more height/clearance. It's a bear on many trails to get through without lots of sweating over body damage. Long wheel based vehicles certainly have their challenge to them when off the pavement.

Carli is the only thing out that I know of tailored to the gas engine but limited to only a level. Nothing higher. Their level would actually lower my leveled truck with 2.5" pucks on the front. Plus them being so darn spendy.

Tom
I ordered Carli Pintop 3.5 with every thing they had to offer. 8,400$ but its on a 12-15 week back order. The Pintop 5.5 was 10,500$ with air bags. A lot of money but i was told well worth it for ride quality. CJC Off Road in California took a 100$ deposit. You may want to just order it and figure out what ever you want and if you change your mind get your deposit back. Just a thought. I Love Your Set Up. ? ? ?
Don

ARB finally got remote air coupling kits back in stock in the US. Love this set-up. I used a 2 meter ARB braided line. A little extra but not much. Why I ran it around the compressor. To eat up some of the extra length. The kit came with the coupler, mount, 2 90 degree fittings and one straight fitting.

View attachment 3027

View attachment 3028

View attachment 3029

I'm sure this will drive me nuts eventually but for the time being where the hose sits. I covered it with black auto wire conduit to blend in since the braided stuck out big time against the black bed spray.

View attachment 3030

Tom
I know this is an old thread but Goddamn that compressor setup is mint.
giphy (1).gif

Another outing another fun day on the trail with 14 or maybe it was 15 other vehicles from Vegas hitting up southern Utah last weekend. Toquerville Falls north and slightly east of St George, Utah. (The falls was way more packed that anyone that had been there before had ever seen/we're blaming Covid 19 for that). We took the "easy" trail up there (some clearance, 4x4 and decent tires needed) then the level 3-4 trail following the creek down zig zagging it. Several stayed at the falls for the night and didn't complete the difficult section down. 20psi all around on the tires is perfect for this truck with the 7.3L for traction and to give my back a rest! Makes the truck feel like a 1/2 ton ride wise. Every single creek crossing was challenging for the full size types. No metal damage but a few more racing stripes added to my paint job. Rear diff dragged a few times, lower shock mounts dragged a couple, both running boards dragged across rocks many times (passenger side bowed a pinch in the middle/nothing one easy jump on it didn't undo). I need a level on this thing bad for extra clearance! Too bad Carli won't have their gas specific Tremor kits out till later this year. The big Dodge Power Wagon that is leveled on 37's in the group only had to break out his winch once to help one of the smaller trucks get up over a ledge on a up hill section with a large boulder in the mix. (I was on 2 wheels in that section! Front Right/rear left trying to make the break over on the top and avoid crushing my left running board via a badly nature placed boulder on the crest of popping over. (I had to climb the trail side with the front right some to get up far enough to avoid that boulder.) Very eerie/queasy feeling rocking on 2 tires needless to say. (No vids or pics of that one.) Rear locker pulled me through like a champ!

View attachment 2171

View attachment 2172

View attachment 2173

Only the jeeps and FJ could go straight. 3 foot drop off the rocks on one side. No one could go to the right of the picture due to the boulders. All the full sized vehicles had to go to the left side of the picture narrowly missing a tree.... I know a Dodge picture. I only had a few pictures so using what I have...

View attachment 2174

The Toyota had to be pulled over the mid way up ledge on this climb out.

View attachment 2176

View attachment 2179

A little dirty...

View attachment 2177

Filling all 4 up at one using a ARB twin air and Inde Flate 4 hose set-up. 20-60psi in 15 minutes.

View attachment 2178

Tom
Great Post. You are the MAN!

Back