Is the pedal commander actually dangerous?

blumhagen

Tremor Junkie
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F350 Platinum Tremor w/6.7L Powersmoke
So I bought a pedal commander but have not installed it yet. I bought it without doing too much research as to what else was out there because I figured they'd do mostly the same thing in a similar way. Then I saw Gale Banks' video about his pedal monster. Of course he is trying to sell his product, but his testing methodology showing how with a pedal commander you could lose throttle completely if something goes wrong with it, had me quite concerned. Of course his version connects completely differently. As apparently the wires to the pedal are not supposed to power anything.

So what should I do, do you say the pedal commander is safe, or should I try to return it or sell it and buy the banks?

Pedal Monster is the way to go, as it doesn’t pull the power directly from a sensitive circuit with not much current sourcing available.

not sure what you mean? like it fries the pedal hardware ?

the pedal comander can be unplugged and back to "stock" in literal seconds . if it loses power or you unplug it it just goes back to stock

the pedal comander can be unplugged and back to "stock" in literal seconds . if it loses power or you unplug it it just goes back to stock
In his video when it lost power it lost all throttle. Which could be extremely bad at the wrong time.

He means that there isn't enough voltage to power the pedal and the commander at the same time in certain situations and this makes a dead pedal event to occur.

that would be bad but not sure why it would ?

i can unplug mine and it just resest back to stock havent tried while engine is running or while driving though.

I guess I'm also concerned what happens after a no power situation. Would I be able to reset it to stock? Have I blown a fuse? Not sure

I guess I'm also concerned what happens after a no power situation. Would I be able to reset it to stock? Have I blown a fuse? Not sure
Banks pedal monster, much better all around. Had mine for over a year, no issues. Get the I dash to go with it, you'll never look back.

it doesnt change anything . i ran my pedal commander with no power for 2 weeks as i needed the OB2 for the Eventure system . now if have a splitter to run both . if it did fail and pedal didnt work you can just plug the stock wires back in; takes about 20 seconds

So I bought a pedal commander but have not installed it yet. I bought it without doing too much research as to what else was out there because I figured they'd do mostly the same thing in a similar way. Then I saw Gale Banks' video about his pedal monster. Of course he is trying to sell his product, but his testing methodology showing how with a pedal commander you could lose throttle completely if something goes wrong with it, had me quite concerned. Of course his version connects completely differently. As apparently the wires to the pedal are not supposed to power anything.

So what should I do, do you say the pedal commander is safe, or should I try to return it or sell it and buy the banks?
I had a Pedal Commander on my '19 Land Cruiser, and experienced total loss of power several times, most notably when towing our trailer. I was unaware of any known issues, and assumed the loss of power was due to a fuel pump recall that I hadn't had time to address. Got an OBD reader which showed the fault was in the throttle control. Removed the Pedal Commander and that resolved the problem.

Last edited:
it doesnt change anything . i ran my pedal commander with no power for 2 weeks as i needed the OB2 for the Eventure system . now if have a splitter to run both . if it did fail and pedal didnt work you can just plug the stock wires back in; takes about 20 seconds
Pedal commander doesn't use the obd2

Banks pedal monster, much better all around. Had mine for over a year, no issues. Get the I dash to go with it, you'll never look back.
What benefits to the idash are there? I don't really think I need to monitor anything since I'm not tuning.

What benefits to the idash are there? I don't really think I need to monitor anything since I'm not tuning.
I think it let's you change settings while you're driving, the pedal monster alone makes you stop before you can change anything.

I think it let's you change settings while you're driving, the pedal monster alone makes you stop before you can change anything.
I'm not sure if that's true because I have seen videos of guys changin settins on the phone when somebody is driving. I guess it would be cool to have hardware buttons, but it is a bit expensive for just that.

I'm not sure if that's true because I have seen videos of guys changin settins on the phone when somebody is driving. I guess it would be cool to have hardware buttons, but it is a bit expensive for just that.
Go with the Pedal Monster; it doesn't steal power from the throttle pedal circuit.

Go with the Pedal Monster; it doesn't steal power from the throttle pedal circuit.
It's in the cart. Just trying to decide if I actually need the idash.

Back