Is it this easy?

Xelvic

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Military
U.S. ARMY 96-99
Current Ride
2020 F250 7.3 LARIAT TREMOR
Anyone see any drivetrain problems doing this with just removing the block? I would like to do this with airbags

PapaRaptor

Tremor Aficionado
Reaction Points
Current Ride
6.7 F350 Tremor "Velocity" Blue Lariat Sport
Current Ride #2
7.3 F350 Iconic silver THE SILVER FOX
Air ride systems are awesome.

Slight turn moving over rough terrain will introduce the tires to the truck. He even said there is scrub with tight turns. In my book thats a no go! Suspension travel is a must. I don't like the way the tires fill the wheel wells just looks horrible. Just my 2 cents worth

abill

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor
Air ride systems are awesome.

Slight turn moving over rough terrain will introduce the tires to the truck. He even said there is scrub with tight turns. In my book thats a no go! Suspension travel is a must. I don't like the way the tires fill the wheel wells just looks horrible. Just my 2 cents worth

I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to say it out loud... that's really wanting 37's real bad to go that route. I read the same thing that everyone said that it would rub... laughed at the guys comment about his wife wife taking one look at it and she even saying that is has to rub.

OP
Xelvic

Xelvic

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Military
U.S. ARMY 96-99
Current Ride
2020 F250 7.3 LARIAT TREMOR
Yeah sorry, just to clarify, I will keep my stock 35's. I'm just wondering about removing the entire block and how it affects things. I also wonder what airbags can be used now that there is no block and its lowered by 3 more inches.

PapaRaptor

Tremor Aficionado
Reaction Points
Current Ride
6.7 F350 Tremor "Velocity" Blue Lariat Sport
Current Ride #2
7.3 F350 Iconic silver THE SILVER FOX
I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to say it out loud... that's really wanting 37's real bad to go that route. I read the same thing that everyone said that it would rub... laughed at the guys comment about his wife wife taking one look at it and she even saying that is has to rub.
I should sometimes keep my thoughts to myself, but I guess we are trying to work off each other and come up with ideas. So I don't mean to offend anyone. My 37s rub at times with the Raptor and it sucks it is also lifted 2.75 inches, but I have more wheel depth with the Rotoform custom wheels. I will be putting a 4" lift on it. Right now I could not drive it hard off road with the 37s. By the way seems to be a huge difference in drivability between 35s and 37s .

abill

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor
I should sometimes keep my thoughts to myself, but I guess we are trying to work off each other and come up with ideas. So I don't mean to offend anyone. My 37s rub at times with the Raptor and it sucks it is also lifted 2.75 inches, but I have more wheel depth with the Rotoform custom wheels. I will be putting a 4" lift on it. Right now I could not drive it hard off road with the 37s. By the way seems to be a huge difference in drivability between 35s and 37s .

Naaa, I don't think you came off wrong. I thought you did a pretty decent job of it. I for one think they did a good job with the look of this truck. Normally I like a leveled look but I think they did a great job with the off the lot appearance with the tremor. I saying that, I don't feel the need to go with taller tires, I think the proportions look good. Those 37's look like triple stuffed oreos and it seems to be the "going thing" "lets get as big of tires we can fit, no matter the rub" lol :oops:

abnmp557

Tremor Fiend
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Military
U.S. Army
Current Ride
2020 6.7 Lariat Sport Tremor
Current Ride #2
2013 Rubicon Unlimited
It is that easy if you never plan on using your truck off road. The above mentioned truck could not make it up my driveway without the tires rubbing constantly. Not to mention carrying any load, conducting a sharp turns or driving over something like a small curb.

Even if you just drive it to the mall you must remember by removing the rear block you are keeping the rear shocks compressed all the time. This will lead to premature failure of the rear shocks.

Yes airbags can be a great addition but are by no means are they a fix for the compressed rear shocks. And unless Firestone changed something this year their airbags require cutting reliefs into the rear wheel well liners for installation. I am unsure if Airlift makes a kit that is configured for the rear block of the Tremor being removed.

I said when I purchased this truck it was for the LED headlights and 35" tires straight from the factory. By combining the Ultimate Lariat, Lariat Sport packages with the Tremor package I was able to order the exact truck I wanted in both appearance and capabilities. I am averaging 19 mpg with a 6.7 that has 1050 lb-ft of torque with no modifications to the computer or emission equipment or warranty concerns.

All that being said I am continuously impressed with my Tremor, no changes needed for me yet.

My 2 cents.

tom b

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
20' F-350 6.7 Tremor
It is that easy if you never plan on using your truck off road. The above mentioned truck could not make it up my driveway without the tires rubbing constantly. Not to mention carrying any load, conducting a sharp turns or driving over something like a small curb.

Even if you just drive it to the mall you must remember by removing the rear block you are keeping the rear shocks compressed all the time. This will lead to premature failure of the rear shocks.

Yes airbags can be a great addition but are by no means are they a fix for the compressed rear shocks. And unless Firestone changed something this year their airbags require cutting reliefs into the rear wheel well liners for installation. I am unsure if Airlift makes a kit that is configured for the rear block of the Tremor being removed.

I said when I purchased this truck it was for the LED headlights and 35" tires straight from the factory. By combining the Ultimate Lariat, Lariat Sport packages with the Tremor package I was able to order the exact truck I wanted in both appearance and capabilities. I am averaging 19 mpg with a 6.7 that has 1050 lb-ft of torque with no modifications to the computer or emission equipment or warranty concerns.

All that being said I am continuously impressed with my Tremor, no changes needed for me yet.

My 2 cents.

Have you towed with the truck yet? If so what was the tongue weight and did you see much sag?

abnmp557

Tremor Fiend
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Military
U.S. Army
Current Ride
2020 6.7 Lariat Sport Tremor
Current Ride #2
2013 Rubicon Unlimited
Have you towed with the truck yet? If so what was the tongue weight and did you see much sag?
I towed yesterday for the first time with the Tremor. It was not a heavy load, 7000 lbs with a tongue load of 800lbs. Add in the weight of the Bulletproof Extreme 8” drop hitch (92lbs) and the truck squatted 2-3”. After hooking up the truck and trailer they both appeared to be sitting almost level with the hitch set at 7” of drop. I will measure the actual amount of rear squat for you later today.

The truck is a beast. Between the 6.7 and the 10 speed transmission there never any search for power. Even in tow/haul mode I still averaged 14 mpg for the 100 mile trip.

I am still getting use to the higher oil and trans temperatures. Pulling the trailer up the 8 miles of the White Bird grade (7% grade) at 65 mph the oil and trans temp were 209/217. My modded 2008 F250 usually never ran higher than 206/205 under load. Figure the main difference was the my old truck had a 195 degree thermostat.

tom b

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
20' F-350 6.7 Tremor
I towed yesterday for the first time with the Tremor. It was not a heavy load, 7000 lbs with a tongue load of 800lbs. Add in the weight of the Bulletproof Extreme 8” drop hitch (92lbs) and the truck squatted 2-3”. After hooking up the truck and trailer they both appeared to be sitting almost level with the hitch set at 7” of drop. I will measure the actual amount of rear squat for you later today.

The truck is a beast. Between the 6.7 and the 10 speed transmission there never any search for power. Even in tow/haul mode I still averaged 14 mpg for the 100 mile trip.

I am still getting use to the higher oil and trans temperatures. Pulling the trailer up the 8 miles of the White Bird grade (7% grade) at 65 mph the oil and trans temp were 209/217. My modded 2008 F250 usually never ran higher than 206/205 under load. Figure the main difference was the my old truck had a 195 degree thermostat.

Thank You

Latest Discussions

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge