Is anyone elses build date being delayed?

Donnie With A Dee

Tremor Addict
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 7.3 F-350 Lariat Tremor Iconic Silver
Current Ride #2
2019 Acura RDX
First Responder
Retired Corrections
I spoke to my dealer (the guy that actually orders the trucks) today because a salesman that I didn't know called me out of the blue to ask me if I had ordered my truck. Today is the 13th and my truck was supposed to be built 2 days ago on the 11th. He explained that my sales guy left the dealership abruptly after being there 18 years and that he had been asked to take over his customers. The order guy who originally told me that it was going to be built on the 11th now tells me that it won't be started till next week. When I asked him about the delays, he said that it possibly was from a huge outbreak of covid-19 in the area around the factories or that it could be that Ford was having trouble getting parts needed to build the trucks from their vendors. I ordered the damn thing back on 8-24 and it just keeps getting pushed out. I was wondering if there were any other people whose build dates have been delayed.

I spoke to my dealer (the guy that actually orders the trucks) today because a salesman that I didn't know called me out of the blue to ask me if I had ordered my truck. Today is the 13th and my truck was supposed to be built 2 days ago on the 11th. He explained that my sales guy left the dealership abruptly after being there 18 years and that he had been asked to take over his customers. The order guy who originally told me that it was going to be built on the 11th now tells me that it won't be started till next week. When I asked him about the delays, he said that it possibly was from a huge outbreak of covid-19 in the area around the factories or that it could be that Ford was having trouble getting parts needed to build the trucks from their vendors. I ordered the damn thing back on 8-24 and it just keeps getting pushed out. I was wondering if there were any other people whose build dates have been delayed.
This doesn’t seem right. Do you have a vin number? There is a very comprehensive, very helpful thread on here that’ll help & guide you in the right direction. Search for “how to track your...”. Based on the order date, I’d imagine it’s being built anytime between early November and now...

This doesn’t seem right. Do you have a vin number? There is a very comprehensive, very helpful thread on here that’ll help & guide you in the right direction. Search for “how to track your...”. Based on the order date, I’d imagine it’s being built anytime between early November and now...
Yes. I've had a VIN since the middle of October. It shows in production since November 7th. I also have the window sticker and it says November 6th.

Early this week Ford had some commodity issues. They were not scheduling any new orders for tremors or the black out grill or console vault. As with last year they can’t keep up with demand. Mine kept getting delayed then today it jumped forward 7 days and went to production

Yes. I've had a VIN since the middle of October. It shows in production since November 7th. I also have the window sticker and it says November 6th.
I would expect production to have taken place or be about to take place. However, the trackers can’t be trusted and you won’t really know for sure when it’s shipped and how long it’ll take. Generally, if vin and window sticker are there, production date is given, you should expect not to have to wait another 4weeks. Unless it’s one of those special cases where it sits in the rail yard for a couple of weeks.

My truck has been “in production” for 10 days...

Mine seems to he on schedule. November 2nd was the build date and it states it was done and shipped on the 7th. But no other information has updated since then.

Back