Is Adaptive steering auto-added with other packages

Wanabxtrm

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Miltary
CG
Current Ride
F150 HD
I’ve been cross shopping a lot; and have narrowed down nearly every option but one eludes me. Adaptive steering....

I’ve driven a few trucks that have adaptive cruise or the ultimate trailer tow/pro back up assist and do not have the adaptive steering on the window sticker, but when I pop the hood it sure looks like the electric motor is there.

Is this an automatic add with these (or other) options?

The ford web site doesn’t auto add it, nor is it listed as a requirement in the build option sheets.

Anyone have any clue about it?

thanks,
Alex.

RaptorTremor

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Lariat Sport Tremor 6.7 Velocity Blue
Current Ride #2
2014 Raptor SVT Blue Flame
I didn't order adaptive steering but I can see the aluminum mount on the frame behind the front left wheel. I know it is there for the pro trailer backup assist. It seems odd you can have one but not the other

davidb1841

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Miltary
USAF Ret
Current Ride
2020 Ford F250 Tremor Velocity Blue
Current Ride #2
2019 Ford Edge SEL
I have PTBA but not adaptive cruise.......Do I have adaptive steering??? Where should I look???

OP
W

Wanabxtrm

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Miltary
CG
Current Ride
F150 HD
I don’t have a photo, but the steering shaft enters/meets a silver motor/gearbox, prior to continuing down to the hydraulic Portion where it connects and splits to the wheels. As noted by raptortremor above it has a big silver aluminum bracket that wraps around And mounts to the frame rail of the drivers side just aft of the wheel.

OP
W

Wanabxtrm

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Miltary
CG
Current Ride
F150 HD
Edit: turns out that box (in the engine bay) is not the adaptive steering box, it is the pro trailer backup assist actuator, which mechanically makes sense. Adaptive steering is in the steering wheel itself; despite some internet comments otherwise

took some digging but found it here at roughly the minute 13 mark...

1600783535464.png

Now I’m back to the question of whether it’s worth it or not... one more thing to fail, though I expect if it fails you’d be back to ‘normal’ steering.

Cheers!

PapaRaptor

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Blue Truck
Current Ride #2
Bigger Blue Truck
Edit: turns out that box (in the engine bay) is not the adaptive steering box, it is the pro trailer backup assist actuator, which mechanically makes sense. Adaptive steering is in the steering wheel itself; despite some internet comments otherwise

took some digging but found it here at roughly the minute 13 mark...

View attachment 5722

Now I’m back to the question of whether it’s worth it or not... one more thing to fail, though I expect if it fails you’d be back to ‘normal’ steering.

Cheers!
I added a thread on it. I have it ( I know because I ordered the truck). After getting used to it I like it. I would hate it on a car but on the 1 ton its great. Not sure its worth the $$$ but I figure I already paid a pile of money for the truck anyway. I am just used to it now and don't even think about it.

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge