Iron Man

Live life to it's Fullest Thanking GOD for it all
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F350 6.7 Iconic Silver Platinum Tremor w/winch
Current Ride #2
2020 Jaguar F Pace SVR - 2020 Harley Davidsnon Limited CVO
I know that there were other threads on warranties. I remember people saying flood Ford policy. So I punched in my 2021 Diesel F350. I wanted the best warranty figuring I never owned a Diesel and my injuries make me never want to turn a wrench.
It seems for NY
8 yr 150,000 mile 200$ deductible 4505$
8yr 125,000 mile 200$ deductible 2960$
8yr 100,000 mile 200$ deductible 2060$
Thoughts. Prices you paid. Is Flood Ford the way to go. I want the dealer to have the option to match Flood. It seems like a lot of money god the 150,000 mile. I’m leaning towards the 125,000 mile for 2,960$. Thanks. I’m having a stress day trying to get everything in order. But my TREMOR IS HERE. SO ALL IS GOOD ON LONG ISLAND NY.

Seems like the ones offered by dealers are not transferable. If you were going to sell it yourself in 5 years your 8 year transferable would be a good selling point. If you trade it in then not so much if at all. I think that I will (assuming I get mine) use the Flood as a bargaining chip with my dealer. I will also take a printout of all the Flood's fine print to compare to the dealer's. I imagine that they will be shy of printing theirs but I will press them to email me one beforehand.

Here is how I looks at the truck/warranty situation.

You have a 3 year 36000 mile warranty. I want to use this warranty and see what actually breaks during the first 3 years (probably minimal) I will also know exactly what i use during this time.

If you do the Flood warranty for up to a 3 year old truck with 35000 miles it only costs $100 dollars more. So there is no point on double warranty on the truck to save 100 dollars when you can use you 4500 in the market or the bank till you need to make this decision.

I have the 7 year / 125,00 mile warranty with $100 deductible. Paid around $2300. Purchased it through my dealer at the time of sale.
I paid $2314 through the dealer to get the same. I used Flood to get the warranty for my wife's new Explorer ST that we bought at Thanksgiving time with all the extra rebates. Paid $1025 for hers, 6 year 75k with key and rental added. Other benefit is no sales tax on the Flood warranty and it is the same Ford ESP coverage.

I will speed up the depreciation on the truck, and purchase a new one on or before the original warranty expires and get the latest greatest. thats why I buy the "commercial one ton", until the rules change again then plan b

Here is how I looks at the truck/warranty situation.

You have a 3 year 36000 mile warranty. I want to use this warranty and see what actually breaks during the first 3 years (probably minimal) I will also know exactly what i use during this time.

If you do the Flood warranty for up to a 3 year old truck with 35000 miles it only costs $100 dollars more. So there is no point on double warranty on the truck to save 100 dollars when you can use you 4500 in the market or the bank till you need to make this decision.
That is where I am at on extended warranty as well. Kick the can down the road....

I will speed up the depreciation on the truck, and purchase a new one on or before the original warranty expires and get the latest greatest. thats why I buy the "commercial one ton", until the rules change again then plan b
Didn’t understand Dan. DONT get it is what most people are saying. The dealer would not match Floods price. I figured just drop the 2960$ for piece of mind and go through Flood. Dealer wanted 630$ more for 5 yr 125,000 mile 200$ deductible. He said NY rates are different and he would lose money. He said 3595 $ and the dealership makes 200$. I said I’d think about it. I went for an extra 1,000$
Fords paint Protection with their acrylic 595$ and 395$ for windshield acrylic. When I got home my buddy said get it done by a real place but I already got the bank check made out for the extra money. So I messed up a bit.
They are trying to get if you me for tomorrow 2-4 but it depends on if the service department gets the winch, brakes , flip plate, and tailgate led bar done. Now they need to use the acrylic shit. So talk to me people. Should I just go back to the bank and save the now it looks like 1,200$ more. I feel a bit taken for a ride.
E4CB3A83-1764-4C84-8ADB-4C98C1EA1A01.jpeg
92581890-1068-4915-8B95-021400855B04.jpeg

What ever makes you happy, I don't know the entire story. I was just saying I deprecated my trucks so there is write off to consider. There is zero return for me with the extended warranty plus they don't offer it to commercial users (it's void). I had my kid ceramic coat the entire truck minus the wheels including all glass. Its killer. Thats my protection. I once had the Ford treatment on the entire car ( 2000 SVO Cobra) The kids got some glow stick goo on the rear leather seats, It turned the tan leather red. They originally told me everything was covered cleaned or replaced. I went in and they said no dice. I haven't bought any of those services since..... An trust me that was like 30 vehicles ago. They know me.
Get a nice ceramic coating on that new truck, it's a time saver and you will won't regret it.
As far as the interior, we need to start that thread.. You know the rear seat spoo/goo material or does flavored KY jelly really clean up nice ???? :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Didn’t understand Dan. DONT get it is what most people are saying. The dealer would not match Floods price. I figured just drop the 2960$ for piece of mind and go through Flood. Dealer wanted 630$ more for 5 yr 125,000 mile 200$ deductible. He said NY rates are different and he would lose money. He said 3595 $ and the dealership makes 200$. I said I’d think about it. I went for an extra 1,000$
Fords paint Protection with their acrylic 595$ and 395$ for windshield acrylic. When I got home my buddy said get it done by a real place but I already got the bank check made out for the extra money. So I messed up a bit.
They are trying to get if you me for tomorrow 2-4 but it depends on if the service department gets the winch, brakes , flip plate, and tailgate led bar done. Now they need to use the acrylic shit. So talk to me people. Should I just go back to the bank and save the now it looks like 1,200$ more. I feel a bit taken for a ride. View attachment 14060View attachment 14061
Get yourself out of the BS add-on packages if it is at all possible. They're not scams, but close.

Not talking about the extended warranty, by the way.

Buy the Ford warranty. I did and didn't look back. I got the Ford Premium Care +. Got the 6 year 150,000km bumper to bumper. $0 deductible. I figured for the cost blowing 1 LED Headlight would cover the cost. Plus, its pro-rate-able. So if you sell your truck and order a 2022 then you can transfer the balance over to the new truck. Then again mine was only $2100 cdn.

Check this guy out for the warranty. Was the cheapest back when I bought mine.

Check this guy out for the warranty. Was the cheapest back when I bought mine.

I got a quote from them for my SD, it was more than Flood. So I used Flood, I also used them back in 14’ for my GT500, got 7-70 and it was worth it. Gardner Reynolds handles the Flood ESP and he helped me get my GT500 warranty extended 3 more years and 36k at a reasonable price.

So I vote Flood. But do what you need to do to enjoy your truck!

Get yourself out of the BS add-on packages if it is at all possible. They're not scams, but close.

Not talking about the extended warranty, by the way.
Thanks. I did today. It wound up saving me 1,000$. He asked if I wanted the warranty and also said no. So thanks again everyone for all your valuable wisdom. ???:cool:

I have the 7 year / 125,00 mile warranty with $100 deductible. Paid around $2300. Purchased it through my dealer at the time of sale.
Does that warranty begin after your (3) yr 36,000 mile Ford warranty expires?

Back