Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
F250 Tremor
First Responder
Police
What's up everybody?! I don't want to start things off all negative like so let's get to the good stuff first. I bought a 2020 250, Tremor package, obviously. Absolutely love the truck. Just added a zroadz light bar (never heard of them, but seems to be good quality), diamondback cover, frontrunner rack and my roof top tent. KMC wheels on stock tires. Also built an outlet box for the bed of the truck to run my fridge.

I'm 39, prior military, current police officer (don't hate me) and an Aquarius lol. Prior build was a 3rd Gen Tacoma that I dumped every bit of overtime money into, only to sell it a year later. Bought a camper and it just wouldn't cut it in the Shenandoah mountains. Now I can barely feel the camper behind the 250.

After I spent 2 days on the installs, I happened to feel my carpet on the driver's side back seat near the door and it was wet. I started pulling up panels and noticed about a 1/2 inch of standing water under the carpet. I went to the front, pulled up the panels and saw that the water had continued. So obviously I'm pissed and don't have a lot of experience with water damage. The dealer can't get me in until next week so I took a shop vac and sucked as much water out of there as possible. Headliner was dry, so probably didn't come from the sunroof. I'm thinking it's possibly the back window. The local Ford Dealership has a "water doctor" that is going to take a look at it. Any idea what the possible repercussions might be?

Let's end on a good note with pictures! I included the Tacoma build, which is where I want the Tremor to eventually be. Thanks and enjoy!

Chris
thumbnail_20200920_133136.jpg
thumbnail_20200920_133215.jpg
thumbnail_20200920_133204.jpg
20200405_132730.jpeg
20200515_120249.jpeg

Welcome and nice truck! Hope the dealer finds your leak.

What's up everybody?! I don't want to start things off all negative like so let's get to the good stuff first. I bought a 2020 250, Tremor package, obviously. Absolutely love the truck. Just added a zroadz light bar (never heard of them, but seems to be good quality), diamondback cover, frontrunner rack and my roof top tent. KMC wheels on stock tires. Also built an outlet box for the bed of the truck to run my fridge.

I'm 39, prior military, current police officer (don't hate me) and an Aquarius lol. Prior build was a 3rd Gen Tacoma that I dumped every bit of overtime money into, only to sell it a year later. Bought a camper and it just wouldn't cut it in the Shenandoah mountains. Now I can barely feel the camper behind the 250.

After I spent 2 days on the installs, I happened to feel my carpet on the driver's side back seat near the door and it was wet. I started pulling up panels and noticed about a 1/2 inch of standing water under the carpet. I went to the front, pulled up the panels and saw that the water had continued. So obviously I'm pissed and don't have a lot of experience with water damage. The dealer can't get me in until next week so I took a shop vac and sucked as much water out of there as possible. Headliner was dry, so probably didn't come from the sunroof. I'm thinking it's possibly the back window. The local Ford Dealership has a "water doctor" that is going to take a look at it. Any idea what the possible repercussions might be?

Let's end on a good note with pictures! I included the Tacoma build, which is where I want the Tremor to eventually be. Thanks and enjoy!

Chris
View attachment 5712View attachment 5713View attachment 5714View attachment 5715View attachment 5716
Good luck finding the leak.

Most cops do a great job. I’ve met a few who don’t. No profession or occupation is without rotten apples. I have a mate in the highway patrol and another who is ex highway patrol and both love their cars.

Chris
View attachment 5712View attachment 5713View attachment 5714View attachment 5715View attachment 5716
I would be willing to bet that the water leak is from the third brake light. My brother has a Ram that had water coming into the cab when it was new and it was from the brake light seal, and after 200000 miles my Canyon has started to leak water into the cab and it is coming from the brake light too.

Welcome to the forum! No hate here. I have total respect for you for remaining in your job amidst the nonsense that has been going on here for the past few months. You’re either brave, committed or just plain crazy, but either way you’re alright in my book. Sorry I’m no help on the problem but someone on here will surely have an answer.

Thanks for your service to country and community. My Father served as an MP and a Police Officer in the town I grew up in, so nothing but respect here!

No advise on the water intrusion, but I hope it gets sorted out for you. I'm waiting on an Agate Black F-350 with out the sport package. You and I are a rare breed with that combo! Yours is the first I have seen on these forums. (y)

Last edited:
I would be willing to bet that the water leak is from the third brake light. My brother has a Ram that had water coming into the cab when it was new and it was from the brake light seal, and after 200000 miles my Canyon has started to leak water into the cab and it is coming from the brake light too.
Man I hope you're right. That would be a much easier fix.

Thanks for your service to country and community. My Father served as an MP and a Police Officer in the town I grew up in, so nothing but respect here!

No advise on the water intrusion, but I hope it gets sorted out for you. I'm waiting on an Agate Black F-350 with out the sport package. You and I are a rare breed with that combo! Yours is the first I have seen on these forums. (y)
Yeah I couldn't get everything I wanted. Not a chrome fan, but I got adaptive cruise control lol. The 350 is going to be a beast!

Another possibility is the drain tubes from the sun roof got disconnected. The sun roof allows water to enter the truck, but drains the water through rails and drain holes in each corner. There are rubber tubes attached to the drain holes that can come loose and cause the water to run into the cab. I had that issue with my F150. It's an easy fix. Just need to drop the headliner, its attached with magnets, and reconnect the hoses.

Below is information from an F150 forum that discusses the drain tubes. This deals with the front, but I'm sure it is pretty easy. Hope this helps.

With melting snow today, I noticed my headliner was wet above the driver's grab handle on the front pillar, and it was also dripping down the handle... Now this is just a quick way to check to see if you have the same problem I did which was a simple disconnected hose.

First of all, to confirm it was coming from the sunroof, and not the corner of the windshield, I opened the sunroof and poured a bit of water in the corner right on the tray. If you stand up through the sunroof and look in the corner (you may have to push down the wind guard) you should see a hole in the side. This is the drain. When I poured water, the leak got bad , fast. I should have only poured a tiny bit...

Dropping the corner of the headliner is easy.
Pull the door seal trim away so it's out of the way. Just pull it towards the outside.
Remove the 2 bolts from the grab handle (under the caps).
Remove the handle slowly, there is a wire attached to the tweeter that's close to the windshield. Just unclip the wiring.
Remove the visor and visor clip, just 2 bolts. The one for the mirror itself is under a snap-on cover. It's easier to work with if you extend the visor out and slide it out.
Now just pull the corner of the headliner down enough so you can see on top of the headliner.

Ford was genius in this since they don't use those crappy plastic clips that always break, they use magnets! See image here:

img_0778_179e06a90421d0ddc6053ffbb6f26792467dbfe9.jpg

So as you can see, it's just a matter of pulling down and holding it. If you let go, the magnets will snap back into place.

Now if you pull it down enough and look through the sunroof hole toward the front pillar of the truck, you should see a hose. As you can see, mine disconnected for some reason:
img_0776_7683f1077ff7643629be54d6b6d0d8e41afed385.jpg

The image below is a view from the outer corner of the headliner, standing outside the door of the truck. The drain that comes from the sunroof tray is circled green. The drain hose is circled red.
img_0775_dbdf00189486e4755355b1eb1db71f9161817f5d.jpg

So in this case it was super easy. Just put the hose back on the drain flange. I don't know how it came loose because when I put it back on it was really tight and I couldn't easily remove it again. Either way, it's fixed now and draining once again where it's supposed to. I pulled on the drain hose a bit to make sure there's a bit of slack. Now put everything back in reverse order and you're done.

It should be the same procedure for the passenger side.

If anything, this should at least quickly confirm that your drain hose is actually still connected. If it is, and you're still getting leaks, you'll have to break out the flashlight and look for cracks in the tray, or use compressed air to blow out the drain hose because it might be clogged. This method might be easier to blow out the lines anyways.

This is the first issue I've ever had with the sunroof/moonroof and I'm glad it was an easy fix. Still can't figure out why the hose would come undone, but I imagine it must not have been fully inserted onto the flange from the factory.

Chris
Truck Is absolutely beutiful and love the bed cover/rack. Thank you for all your service from my Family to you and yours ?
I do not have my Tremor so no problems lol
But you do need help - Aquarius really
But then again hope your water issue gets resolved

Sheepdog had a great write-up which may well be the issue.

By the way, lived in the Shenandoah valley my entire life.

Below is information from an F150 forum that discusses the drain tubes. This deals with the front, but I'm sure it is pretty easy. Hope this helps.

With melting snow today, I noticed my headliner was wet above the driver's grab handle on the front pillar, and it was also dripping down the handle... Now this is just a quick way to check to see if you have the same problem I did which was a simple disconnected hose.

First of all, to confirm it was coming from the sunroof, and not the corner of the windshield, I opened the sunroof and poured a bit of water in the corner right on the tray. If you stand up through the sunroof and look in the corner (you may have to push down the wind guard) you should see a hole in the side. This is the drain. When I poured water, the leak got bad , fast. I should have only poured a tiny bit...

Pull the door seal trim away so it's out of the way. Just pull it towards the outside.
Remove the handle slowly, there is a wire attached to the tweeter that's close to the windshield. Just unclip the wiring.
Remove the visor and visor clip, just 2 bolts. The one for the mirror itself is under a snap-on cover. It's easier to work with if you extend the visor out and slide it out.
Now just pull the corner of the headliner down enough so you can see on top of the headliner.

Ford was genius in this since they don't use those crappy plastic clips that always break, they use magnets! See image here:

So as you can see, it's just a matter of pulling down and holding it. If you let go, the magnets will snap back into place.

Now if you pull it down enough and look through the sunroof hole toward the front pillar of the truck, you should see a hose. As you can see, mine disconnected for some reason:

The image below is a view from the outer corner of the headliner, standing outside the door of the truck. The drain that comes from the sunroof tray is circled green. The drain hose is circled red.

So in this case it was super easy. Just put the hose back on the drain flange. I don't know how it came loose because when I put it back on it was really tight and I couldn't easily remove it again. Either way, it's fixed now and draining once again where it's supposed to. I pulled on the drain hose a bit to make sure there's a bit of slack. Now put everything back in reverse order and you're done.

If anything, this should at least quickly confirm that your drain hose is actually still connected. If it is, and you're still getting leaks, you'll have to break out the flashlight and look for cracks in the tray, or use compressed air to blow out the drain hose because it might be clogged. This method might be easier to blow out the lines anyways.

This is the first issue I've ever had with the sunroof/moonroof and I'm glad it was an easy fix. Still can't figure out why the hose would come undone, but I imagine it must not have been fully inserted onto the flange from the factory.
Maybe never put on in the first place.

Chris

welcome!

love the build so far.

Sorry to hear about the water but hopefully it’s a quick fix like reconnecting the drain tubes.

Thank you for your service ??

Man, thank you for the write up. I will look into

Awesome, thanks a lot!

Chris
Welcome to the site. Congrats on that sweet looking truck. Im sorry to hear about the water troubles. Id be quite upset to say the least. And Thanks for keeping our country safe From your service in the military and in the Streets of our country. On LI NY they are Riots and looting and all kinds of hell. Not so much by me but close enough.
I have 2 friends on the job that retired over this BLM bullshit. 1 was on the Swat team. Gov Cuomo and other officials aren't sticking up for Law Enforcement Officers. Its a shame whats going on in this country. If you dont mind me asking Hows it been in your Area.
I just read that in NYC some pervert Masterbated in front of a mother and her daughters and someone jumped in and subdude him and he was arrested and let out on NO BAIL THE SAME DAY. Its a freak show in NYC.

Chris
First of all, many of us on here are military, and I for one am a former USAF Security Policeman....We are a LEO Friendly Forum...I personally am a huge fan of LE....Welcome

Second, I want you to look under your truck at the Driver and Passenger front floor pans. There is a 1-1 1/4 inch hole in the floor pan on both sides approximately where the drivers left foot would be if it was flat on the floor. It has a rubber Grommet in it......same spot on the passenger side. Make sure those grommets are in place. Near as I could figure out they are the only holes in the floor pan. I ran my CB Radio antenna cable thru the driver side one.

Attachments

• cab_Access.jpg
    cab_Access.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 24

Welcome to the site. Congrats on that sweet looking truck. Im sorry to hear about the water troubles. Id be quite upset to say the least. And Thanks for keeping our country safe From your service in the military and in the Streets of our country. On LI NY they are Riots and looting and all kinds of hell. Not so much by me but close enough.
I have 2 friends on the job that retired over this BLM bullshit. 1 was on the Swat team. Gov Cuomo and other officials aren't sticking up for Law Enforcement Officers. Its a shame whats going on in this country. If you dont mind me asking Hows it been in your Area.
I just read that in NYC some pervert Masterbated in front of a mother and her daughters and someone jumped in and subdude him and he was arrested and let out on NO BAIL THE SAME DAY. Its a freak show in NYC.
Sorry for the late reply. It's honestly pretty sick what's going on in this country. Richmond has started to slow down with the protests. Only one or two a week now with little issues. They already destroyed the city and ruined the lives of countless small business owners. Cuomo is a piece of shit and it's a shame what's going on in NY. I feel bad for the citizens and police there. On a better note, they fixed my water leak lol.

First of all, many of us on here are military, and I for one am a former USAF Security Policeman....We are a LEO Friendly Forum...I personally am a huge fan of LE....Welcome

Second, I want you to look under your truck at the Driver and Passenger front floor pans. There is a 1-1 1/4 inch hole in the floor pan on both sides approximately where the drivers left foot would be if it was flat on the floor. It has a rubber Grommet in it......same spot on the passenger side. Make sure those grommets are in place. Near as I could figure out they are the only holes in the floor pan. I ran my CB Radio antenna cable thru the driver side one.
Wish I had read this earlier. Ford said they found foam covering the drain holes. Not sure where, but it seems to be fixed. Thanks for looking out though dude.

Back