Interior buttons and switches remain on

Wgs4972

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2008 Nissan Titan
Hey guys, hoping someone here has the answer to this one-

I’ve only had the truck a week and at night I’ve noticed after the truck is shutdown and locked up all the buttons and switches in the doors lights remain on for long after the truck is off. As much as 10 minutes may go bye and all the buttons and switches are still illuminated. I’ve only noticed this at night I went through all of the set up and programming screens but I see nothing that I’ve done that could not be programmed properly to switch these lights off sooner. Is this normal?

Attachments

• 5141D7D8-08AA-4C91-8F82-B90E6A715955.jpeg
    5141D7D8-08AA-4C91-8F82-B90E6A715955.jpeg
    454.1 KB · Views: 77
Hey guys, hoping someone here has the answer to this one-

I’ve only had the truck a week and at night I’ve noticed after the truck is shutdown and locked up all the buttons and switches in the doors lights remain on for long after the truck is off. As much as 10 minutes may go bye and all the buttons and switches are still illuminated. I’ve only noticed this at night I went through all of the set up and programming screens but I see nothing that I’ve done that could not be programmed properly to switch these lights off sooner. Is this normal?

It might be sensing your key fob. Next time try taking key fob away from truck and see if they stay on. Not sure if this will help or not as I haven’t paid any attention to how long mine stay on.

It might be sensing your key fob. Next time try taking key fob away from truck and see if they stay on. Not sure if this will help or not as I haven’t paid any attention to how long mine stay on.
Thank you, I’ll give that a shot!

Do you have the 6.7? Mine makes funny noises after shut down.

I changed some of the timer settings in Forscan ( allow the music and charging ports to stay on longer)
There may be some options with Forscan to shorten or lengthen the lighting.

as far as the key fob, try locking the truck, they should dim
I keep mine locked easy enough to get into it with the FOB

Do you have the 6.7? Mine makes funny noises after shut down.

I changed some of the timer settings in Forscan ( allow the music and charging ports to stay on longer)
There may be some options with Forscan to shorten or lengthen the lighting.

as far as the key fob, try locking the truck, they should dim
I keep mine locked easy enough to get into it with the FOB
Yes mine is the 6.7 and Ive heard those noises after shutdown also.
I have not made any changes with Forscan. I have tried using the key fob to lock the truck but the buttons remained illuminated. Just seems very odd to me. Weather has been bad here in Florida this evening so I haven’t had a chance to try the earlier suggestion. But I intend to.
It makes sense to me if the key fob is near the truck lights start or reman on but these aren’t as useful so I don’t know why the factory would have chosen this option.

My 6.7 does this whether you have the key fob or not, just noticed it for the first time the other night. Not sure the point- I know some trucks I’ve had before would auto assist with lighting if it thought you were staying in the truck after shutoff so might be an exit sequence thing, idk

My 6.7 does this whether you have the key fob or not, just noticed it for the first time the other night. Not sure the point- I know some trucks I’ve had before would auto assist with lighting if it thought you were staying in the truck after shutoff so might be an exit sequence thing, idk
Mine seems to stay illuminated for what seems 10 minutes or more, does yours seem to stay on this long as well?

Mine stays on a long time, never sat out and timed it but its a while.

I don't mind it on, as long as it turns off so the batteries don't die. I doubt the LED lights use that much power.

Back