Interior bed rail height

Jrod250

Tremor Addict
Founding Member
Reaction Points
I’m trading in my 2019 Chevy 3500 duramax for my Tremor when it arrives and and I tow a 2017 grand design 350m toy hauler.
For the New truck, I decided to buy an Anderson ultimate hitch which I know members on here use. I also saw a member who who reached out to with my exact (future) setup and I have not heard back.
Anyways, of course even after a purchase I research and research and research still. Lol.
just this morning I see Anderson has a “raised” version for post 2019 trucks with an interior bed rail height over 21.5 inches tall.
Now I’m curious if i need to return this standard height one for a raised one and of course my Tremor will not be here until the end of March.
could someone be so kind to take a measurement for me?

thank you

Attachments

• 4F6E7318-FD2E-4429-8AAF-B18C9FD1638F.jpeg
    4F6E7318-FD2E-4429-8AAF-B18C9FD1638F.jpeg
    171.3 KB · Views: 72
I’m trading in my 2019 Chevy 3500 duramax for my Tremor when it arrives and and I tow a 2017 grand design 350m toy hauler.
For the New truck, I decided to buy an Anderson ultimate hitch which I know members on here use. I also saw a member who who reached out to with my exact (future) setup and I have not heard back.
Anyways, of course even after a purchase I research and research and research still. Lol.
just this morning I see Anderson has a “raised” version for post 2019 trucks with an interior bed rail height over 21.5 inches tall.
Now I’m curious if i need to return this standard height one for a raised one and of course my Tremor will not be here until the end of March.
could someone be so kind to take a measurement for me?

thank you

I have, as you can see, the Ford aluminum roll-up bed cover (with a lip of about 1/4" above the actual bed rail), 21-5/8". With the 1/4" lip that would make it exactly 21-1/2" inside height from bed floor to top of rail.

Oh man. That looks like it’s almost exactly 21.5. I think I should be good. Thank you

Oh man. That looks like it’s almost exactly 21.5. I think I should be good. Thank you
Yes I measured the lip (from the bed cover lip) and measured the height to underneath the lip and it is actually just barely (1/16" maybe) under 21.5"

I just measured my Chevy and that’s about the same. I’m confident that I’ll be ok.
Thank you again for taking the time out of your morning

I just measured my Chevy and that’s about the same. I’m confident that I’ll be ok.
Thank you again for taking the time out of your morning
Bro!!! I get it. I researched for two weeks to get a real-world measurement to be sure I could fit mine in my garage. As you can see in the picture, I could. LOL

Haha. I have a funny story about that
When I was lifting my last Jeep, I made sure I had room to fit in the garage. Well I did and it was perfect all winter until I put the soft top on in spring. Well guess what?
yup i found out real quick that the soft top hardware was just a little taller. It did not even dawn on me until it was too late.
So I did what any responsible adult would do. I sold that house.
Just kidding. I parked it outside. Lol

Haha. I have a funny story about that
When I was lifting my last Jeep, I made sure I had room to fit in the garage. Well I did and it was perfect all winter until I put the soft top on in spring. Well guess what?
yup i found out real quick that the soft top hardware was just a little taller. It did not even dawn on me until it was too late.
So I did what any responsible adult would do. I sold that house.
Just kidding. I parked it outside. Lol
no selling the house it the correct move.... one of the reason why i am building my garage with a attached house but 3 14 foot garage doors ... so anything could fit in the garage

"i am building my garage with a attached house but 3 14 foot garage doors .."

Hear, hear! Most proper, sir! Houses are ancillary buildings to our shops and garages.

"i am building my garage with a attached house but 3 14 foot garage doors .."

Hear, hear! Most proper, sir! Houses are ancillary buildings to our shops and garages.
Damn right ... I only need a garage, kitchen, bedroom, and office that is all

Latest Discussions

Back