Installing a Camper. Sway/Sumo/Stableloads?

oursomedayisnow

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Miltary
Army Airborne
Current Ride
2020 F350 Tremor 7.3
Current Ride #2
2006 Jeep LJ Rubicon.
We putting a Bundutec Roadrunner 3300 lb (ish) wet weight on our rig. I’ve done many suspension mods in the past, but since this has a lift, want to hear from your experiance with camper suspension mods. NO AIRBAGS. Too many bad experiances. So we Looking at

Hellwig Sway
Sumo Springs
Timberen
Torklift Stable Load

Please let us know what you’ve used on your F350 Tremor specifically. And what results you feel. At this point we’re going to spend the $$$ to get it right.

Thanks, Paul

Turnem

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 6.7L Platinum, Blue Jeans Metallic, Dark Marsala Leather
We putting a Bundutec Roadrunner 3300 lb (ish) wet weight on our rig. I’ve done many suspension mods in the past, but since this has a lift, want to hear from your experiance with camper suspension mods. NO AIRBAGS. Too many bad experiances. So we Looking at

Hellwig Sway
Sumo Springs
Timberen
Torklift Stable Load

Please let us know what you’ve used on your F350 Tremor specifically. And what results you feel. At this point we’re going to spend the $$$ to get it right.

Thanks, Paul
I have similar setup with stock F-350 Tremor with 2800 lb. (Dry) Northern-Lite 8-11 camper. With camper on the rear sag is 3-1/2". Haven't measured front sag. The rear overload springs just touch slightly with camper on. The truck actually sits pretty level with camper on, but headlights are pointed high. I've traveled a couple thousand miles at 70-80 mph both with a 5000 lb., boat in tow and without. Other than the sway and headlight issue I'm surprised at how level it sits. I am also considering either sumo springs or Torklift Stable Loads. Agree with no airbags.

OP
oursomedayisnow

oursomedayisnow

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Miltary
Army Airborne
Current Ride
2020 F350 Tremor 7.3
Current Ride #2
2006 Jeep LJ Rubicon.
I have similar setup with stock F-350 Tremor with 2800 lb. (Dry) Northern-Lite 8-11 camper. With camper on the rear sag is 3-1/2". Haven't measured front sag. The rear overload springs just touch slightly with camper on. The truck actually sits pretty level with camper on, but headlights are pointed high. I've traveled a couple thousand miles at 70-80 mph both with a 5000 lb., boat in tow and without. Other than the sway and headlight issue I'm surprised at how level it sits. I am also considering either sumo springs or Torklift Stable Loads. Agree with no airbags.
We considered the Northern lite too, nice unit! Good to see it does not sag too much.

OP
oursomedayisnow

oursomedayisnow

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Miltary
Army Airborne
Current Ride
2020 F350 Tremor 7.3
Current Ride #2
2006 Jeep LJ Rubicon.
What was the reason you chose against the Northern Lite?
We wanted some customized options that the NL factory , and other factories were not willing or able to do. I understand it, they make production units, with a few limited options.

Bundutec we’d seen at Overland Expo before and they are a semi-custom to custom shop. We wanted a particular Truma Combi heating system, whch Bundutec provides, along with a cassette toilet and custom 3000w inverted solar electrical system lithium batteries With B2B charging, and additional 12v and 120v outlets and a low current draw AC Unit. No one else we spoke to would do that. Plus we like that they are a small team, all handbuilt .