JRHII

Tremor Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
6.7 F350 Tremor Black
Current Ride #2
Roush Stage 3 Muatang - track car
The main reason I purchased my 6.7 diesel Tremor was to trailer my Roush Stage 3 Mustang to Track events ... at least that was my excuse.

Hopefully, the Road Course tracks will open up soon on the East Coast so that I can take advantage of the added range. One of my intentions was to be able to tow as long as possible without stopping for fuel. So I researched and decided to install Titan's XXL replacement tank which increases the fuel capacity from 34 gallons to 55 gallons.

I had the install done by Maplecrest Ford in Mendham NJ, as this is where I bought my Tremor and they are also a registered installer for Titan Fuel Tanks. The install took about half of a day and I am very pleased so far. I had several discussions with Mike Deford of Titan Fuel Tanks who answered all my questions and helped me in the decision process. While the race tracks are currently closed, and I am pretty much quarantined in New Jersey at present, I am very pleased with the service from both Titan Fuel Tanks and Maplecrest Ford.

I will provide updates once I have more experience with the Titan Fuel Tank.

Mike Deford can be reached at [email protected] should you have detailed questions.

Summit IMG_1612.JPG

any spring compensation for the added fuel weight when full - curious because of the leaning to drivers side thread on this site.

Thx

Did they also update the DTE on the fuel gauge?

The main reason I purchased my 6.7 diesel Tremor was to trailer my Roush Stage 3 Mustang to Track events ... at least that was my excuse.

Hopefully, the Road Course tracks will open up soon on the East Coast so that I can take advantage of the added range. One of my intentions was to be able to tow as long as possible without stopping for fuel. So I researched and decided to install Titan's XXL replacement tank which increases the fuel capacity from 34 gallons to 55 gallons.

I had the install done by Maplecrest Ford in Mendham NJ, as this is where I bought my Tremor and they are also a registered installer for Titan Fuel Tanks. The install took about half of a day and I am very pleased so far. I had several discussions with Mike Deford of Titan Fuel Tanks who answered all my questions and helped me in the decision process. While the race tracks are currently closed, and I am pretty much quarantined in New Jersey at present, I am very pleased with the service from both Titan Fuel Tanks and Maplecrest Ford.

I will provide updates once I have more experience with the Titan Fuel Tank.

Mike Deford can be reached at [email protected] should you have detailed questions.

View attachment 1945
Who cares about your fuel tank. Tell us more about your Mustang! Thing looks like it would snap my head off.

Who cares about your fuel tank. Tell us more about your Mustang! Thing looks like it would snap my head off.
It has been track-prepped ... including racing brakes, roll bar, racing seat and harnesses, and a lot of other stuff, and yes it is fast. and pushes you into the seat ....

curious on your experience with the tank...

i put one in my 2008 ford cclb and when it was near full it would burp out about 1 quart of diesel...

they told me to enlarge the vent line.....
so i did.....still would happen...so i would have to listen quitely until almost full ...then wait they top it off. ..i called them and they said...hmmmm first we heard of it and that was it...

my 2 friends put them in a 2006 cclb chevy, and another buddy in a 2008 cclb chevy and they both had the same issue....

i ran transfer flow tanks with out those issues...

so im a litlle gun shy on titan tanks, and felt there customers service was pretty shitty

curious on your experience with the tank...

i put one in my 2008 ford cclb and when it was near full it would burp out about 1 quart of diesel...

they told me to enlarge the vent line.....
so i did.....still would happen...so i would have to listen quitely until almost full ...then wait they top it off. ..i called them and they said...hmmmm first we heard of it and that was it...

my 2 friends put them in a 2006 cclb chevy, and another buddy in a 2008 cclb chevy and they both had the same issue....

i ran transfer flow tanks with out those issues...

so im a litlle gun shy on titan tanks, and felt there customers service was pretty shitty
So far not a problem ... but I will keep a watch, thank you ... one of the reasons I went to one of their listed installers (in case I had issues)

I had a titin50 on my 2011 diesel, best thing I ever did, wish we could do that with gas

So far not a problem ... but I will keep a watch, thank you ... one of the reasons I went to one of their listed installers (in case I had issues)

all 3 of ours was installed at a listed installer....

im sure they have that fixed by now....but it was a pain in my case....just was not happy about the customer service

Given the current lockdown situation in New Jersey ... I was hoping for at least 10 months

i feel for you. i hate working up there....lately, however, the traffic has been a bit more tolerable.

The Service guys told me that it is automatic and it seems to be working that way.
They were wrong ... I needed to update the fuel tank size with Forscan ... it made a tremendous difference ... 980 mile to empty when topped off ...

They were wrong ... I needed to update the fuel tank size with Forscan ... it made a tremendous difference ... 980 mile to empty when topped off ...
Love this, I miss my titan 50 on my 2011 6.7, I wish someone would make a gas version of it, Titan said they tried for years but to many government regulations , gas is more volatile than diesel I guess. Getting used to my shitty mileage on the 7.3, love the engine , but I wish someone, hopefully Titan, can sneak a 60 gallon tank under the bed,,,ford should

Love this, I miss my titan 50 on my 2011 6.7, I wish someone would make a gas version of it, Titan said they tried for years but to many government regulations , gas is more volatile than diesel I guess. Getting used to my shitty mileage on the 7.3, love the engine , but I wish someone, hopefully Titan, can sneak a 60 gallon tank under the bed,,,ford should
I wish there was a larger fuel tank for the 7.3 too. I have a 46gal gas Transfer Flow tank on my Tundra that replaced the stock 26 gal. First thing I would do to my (on order) Tremor is replace the 34 gal fuel tank if I could.

Does the 55 gallon tank hang lower than the factory tank by much? Would it hinder off-road performance?

I was set on an aux tank like my last F250, until I realized this came with a 8 gallon bigger tank and much better fuel mileage. Now to me it isn’t worth losing the bed space. Swapping the factory tank with a 55 gallon may be worthwhile, however. I don’t want to lose off road capability though.

Back