in the bed bike rack ( fat bike, mountain bike)

It would be nice to not remove the front wheel so the Ride88 is nice for that.
and you typically get what you pay for the cheap bike racks are flimsy

My bikes are Trek or Specialized carbon fiber models that don't come cheap so probably best to get a study set up.

It would be nice to not remove the front wheel so the Ride88 is nice for that.
and you typically get what you pay for the cheap bike racks are flimsy

My bikes are Trek or Specialized carbon fiber models that don't come cheap so probably best to get a study set up.
Exactly, one of my greatest fears is if I die, my wife will sell my bikes (and guns) for what she thinks I paid...

Plus this is one of the reasons I went SD, to have the bikes fit in the bed. I was looking at a Gladiator, but just couldn't commit to a smaller, questionable FCA product, when I knew the SD would be more reliable and comfortable.

Exactly, one of my greatest fears is if I die, my wife will sell my bikes (and guns) for what she thinks I paid...

Plus this is one of the reasons I went SD, to have the bikes fit in the bed. I was looking at a Gladiator, but just couldn't commit to a smaller, questionable FCA product, when I knew the SD would be more reliable and comfortable.
One of the reasons I like these trucks is the bed space, having it all in the bed makes me feel better. When I have to use a rack I am constantly checking it for fear of something falling off. Aluminum or carbon these bikes are expensive now so best to spend the money and take care of them.

The Thule Insta-Gater is a similar idea to the Ride88 design. I am leaning towards the Ride88, looks well made, but I agree I prefer to have the bike ready to ride when I arrive and not have to install the front wheel and store it in transit. Not a big deal just the convenience of hopping out and go.
I have a couple of the Insta-Gaters and really like them. However it should be noted that if you are looking to secure a road/tri bike you’ll have to grab the frame behind the front wheel, there isn’t enough clearance between tire and frame to fit. For carbon bikes do this at your own risk.

Here is a picture with it in use when I picked up the cruiser to ride while my broken collarbone healed up.

Attachments

• 4BAADA36-F218-4FEE-BF08-66DB2E2190CF.jpeg
    4BAADA36-F218-4FEE-BF08-66DB2E2190CF.jpeg
    605.7 KB · Views: 96
Anyone tried a tailgate pad? Wondering how they work with these thick tailgates with the built in step and camera.

I’m still waiting to get my Retrax delivered and installed and then I’ll be able to tell if I can still use the InstaGater or not. It’s going to be a tight fit with the length of my bike and the space the reel will take up.

As other options, and if you don’t mind removing a wheel, there are the bars from Thule, Yakima, etc that have already been mentioned or there is the Falcon from SeaSucker.

Anyone tried a tailgate pad? Wondering how they work with these thick tailgates with the built in step and camera.
Yes, I have one and it sits “funny“ on the tailgate. But it works for my sons and my bike.

I have a couple of the Insta-Gaters and really like them. However it should be noted that if you are looking to secure a road/tri bike you’ll have to grab the frame behind the front wheel, there isn’t enough clearance between tire and frame to fit. For carbon bikes do this at your own risk.

Here is a picture with it in use when I picked up the cruiser to ride while my broken collarbone healed up.
Is this a picture of your bike in the Tremor? The bed looks very small (or the bike is really big) and I hope my bikes are not this tight...

We have a kuat and some speedy bikes. A Levo and carbon comp. we have hauled all over the county and been quite happy. One nice think with the Kuat is that you don’t have to lift into the bed, can keep the bed cover locked, and the move the rack to our trailer.

once we reach the campground switch back to the truck of add plenty of cables to the trailer.
I have the Kuat 2.0 for the back of my truck when not towing a trailer. I do not trust the receiver on the back of my trailer as they move up and down quite a bit compared to the back of a truck. Have you had any issues putting yours on the back of the trailer?

The Kuat website and others say specifically they are not designed for the back of an RV, so I did not want to risk it with my bikes.

https://www.kuatracks.com/product/nv-2-0/

"NOT RV compatible"

https://www.etrailer.com/question-452214.html

"The Kuat NV 2.0 Base 2-Bike Platform Rack - 2" Hitches - Tilting - Matte Black # BA22B is not rated for use on the back of a motorhome or trailer. The movement on the back of a travel trailer is the most significant but the 5th wheel or motorhome movement is also far more than the back of a vehicle due to the length behind the axle and the sway due to crosswinds and passing vehicles. That movement causes a lot of torque on the bike rack shank and moving parts can be damaged."

Some great Ideas so far.

I have a Thule hitch rack that is probably 9 years old. Been using that but with the SnugTop I'd like to transport the mtn bike inside. Was going to create a 2x6 tire holder mounted to a longer piece across the bed. With the dropper post I can fit my XL mtn bike standing up. This thread has inspired me to get working on that. And the fact that we're getting 4" of rain in the next 4 days, so I won't be riding.

May be too ghetto for you but I built a PVC rack. It holds three bikes, was cheap and is lightweight and easily stored in the garage when not needed.

Also this keeps the bikes at or below cab level and I can pull in the garage loaded with no clearance issues.

Is this a picture of your bike in the Tremor? The bed looks very small (or the bike is really big) and I hope my bikes are not this tight...
That was in my 2015 F250 standard bed ... and yeah, that bike is pretty big. My Tri bike doesn’t sit as far back so I’m hoping there is a possibility I’ll be able to fit it once I add the Retrax cover. If not I’ll probably go with the Thule Bed Rider. Ideally I’d like to be able to hold 3 bikes in whatever setup I do so I can accommodate mine, my wife and our training partners bikes.

May be too ghetto for you but I built a PVC rack. It holds three bikes, was cheap and is lightweight and easily stored in the garage when not needed.

Also this keeps the bikes at or below cab level and I can pull in the garage loaded with no clearance issues.

Love it thats a great Idea and I don't have to spend $500.00 or more.

I can make it for 3 bikes ( 2 fattys and one 29er) I don't travel that far so its heavy duty enough and no need to remove the front tire. Plus no holes in the new Tremor. this is awesome!!!!! thanks,

I like the Ride88 racks, but I am going to wait for my truck to arrive before buying anything. I want to do some measuring to make sure it will work with my two bikes and the Bak Revolver I have sitting in my garage.

Back