In cab grease gun storage?

Yeah, you said that already.

Being prepared is a state of mind.

Only said it once chief, you replied to me twice.
Might want to check those skinny straws again.

Where is everyone keeping their grease gun in the cab that is out of the way and least messy, but easily accessed in case of emergency?
I got my rifle and 2 9mm under the bench seat in back and my 357 and 40 in front. I have the bench seat in front too so my 357 is wedged between the seat and backrest of the center seat when it’s down. 40 is in the center storage. 🦾

Keep mine in the Weatherguard toolbox in the back. They get hot in the summer and leak if kept inside in the cab.

Attachments

• PXL_20211118_221412350.jpg
    PXL_20211118_221412350.jpg
    625.4 KB · Views: 17
Where is everyone keeping their grease gun in the cab that is out of the way and least messy, but easily accessed in case of emergency?
I don’t know there is anything to grease. I believe many of the traditional fitting that would be greased are now sealed/pregreased/ sealed for life fittings. I would just store a grease gun under the rear seat in a zip lock bag.

I don’t know there is anything to grease. I believe many of the traditional fitting that would be greased are now sealed/pregreased/ sealed for life fittings. I would just store a grease gun under the rear seat in a zip lock bag.
The only thing to grease on the F250 and F350's is the front unit bearings. There's a single grease zerk on each side.

On an F450 there's 9 grease zerks on the front end.

I will say my snatch block from Warn does have a grease fitting howeve.

This thread is in jest but there are two Zerk’s on the front-end of the truck that should probably get a couple squirts every 1000 miles or so.

Edit: @ccw beat me to it as usual.

The only thing to grease on the F250 and F350's is the front unit bearings. There's a single grease zerk on each side.

On an F450 there's 9 grease zerks on the front end.
Is there a picture of this in the Owners Manual or is this only seen in the Shop Manual ?

If your referring to you grease gun on your hip, I have a grease you box that is secured with a cable to the frame system under the back seat. Other than that is't in my grease gun holster on my hip ☺

Is there a picture of this in the Owners Manual or is this only seen in the Shop Manual ?
No picture, but here’s how it’s written in the scheduled maintenance section of the owner’s manual (this is from the 22MY manual, but I’m pretty sure it’s the same for the previous many model years):

1637783273999.png

@soop called out to grease them every thousand miles or so, rather than every oil change, because he just greased his at his first oil change and found there was essentially no grease present. So consider oil changes the longest time interval, but I would recommend starting with a shorter interval until you get a feel for how long your grease lasts. Shorter certainly won’t hurt anything.

Here’s a video showing how to grease the front bearings. Start at 2:30 to jump straight to the greasing.

@soop interestingly in this video the owner also calls out that it seemed like the bearings had never been greased.

I got my rifle and 2 9mm under the bench seat in back and my 357 and 40 in front. I have the bench seat in front too so my 357 is wedged between the seat and backrest of the center seat when it’s down. 40 is in the center storage. 🦾
Damn bro, what neighborhood do you live in that you have to have that type of firepower with you at all times. Afghanistan?

I think this thread is a poke at the “Truck gun mount thread” 🤣😂🤣

Great example of no matter what the topic, people are going to argue about it.

Nice troll!🤣

Back