In cab accessory power.

Kernaljonboy

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2006 GMC Canyon
Current Ride #2
2021 F-250 Tremor
Last night I was looking at how I plan to wire up my dash cam and I need a constant 12v and an accessory power (switched 12v) for the camera. I have the upfitter switches and I know that there is the wires I need in the group of wires for that but I got to thinking that Ford makes it nice to hook up outside accessories with the upfitter system but it why didn’t they give us a connection panel or wires inside the cab for hardwired accessories like dash cams or CB Radios.

Pompey

Tremoraholic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Ranger PX2 3.2TD
Current Ride #2
1999 Subaru WRX Club Spec Evo 3
Last night I was looking at how I plan to wire up my dash cam and I need a constant 12v and an accessory power (switched 12v) for the camera. I have the upfitter switches and I know that there is the wires I need in the group of wires for that but I got to thinking that Ford makes it nice to hook up outside accessories with the upfitter system but it why didn’t they give us a connection panel or wires inside the cab for hardwired accessories like dash cams or CB Radios.
Try one of these perhaps?

66A61EB9-158D-41D0-90AE-B7EE17827E00.jpeg

AdvPhotog

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2013 Raptor
In my Raptor I used a Posi-Tap on the rear view mirror power which comes on when the vehicle is in accessory or running mode. Have not made this decision yet in the Tremor but it is an option. Here is a link to the product. I like these better than the larger blade type taps.

OP
Kernaljonboy

Kernaljonboy

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2006 GMC Canyon
Current Ride #2
2021 F-250 Tremor
Try one of these perhaps?

View attachment 9143
That’s probably what I will do. I was just thinking that since Ford offers the upfitter switch option for accessories that maybe they could have stubbed off wires for interior accessories without having to splice into other wires.

hedge

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 Tremor KR 7.3
There is also a wire in the PTO/high idle bundle you can use. I use it for my GPS/dashcam. I think it's only 5a though.

it's CBP22, green/orange

OP
Kernaljonboy

Kernaljonboy

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2006 GMC Canyon
Current Ride #2
2021 F-250 Tremor
Thanks. I was looking at that bundle and was going to start probing the wires to see if any had the power options that I want.

Whyte Rhyno

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke
Current Ride #2
1974 F250 Highboy
I think in the up fitter wire bundle there is an additional wire for a switched power source that doesn't use an upfitter circuit. i think it's for the PTO/ high idle/ etc accessories. not sure the amperage

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge