Imagine waiting 16 weeks for this!

trevor1030

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
21 F250 Roush, 14 Nissan GTR
So 16 weeks later (priority 10), after placing my order Dec 10th, I arrive to see my truck super excited to get the winch thrown on and take it off the lot. Before I took a test drive my brother pointed out this dent... apparently it was cleared after it was off the transport truck... so this damage either occurred during rail/truck transport and they missed it or a service advisor messed up... either way a joke they treat this 90k truck like this. They offered to have the winch and fix the trucks dent, and scratched off paint (for free of course) this Monday at a shop that does their work. However, I think that It will never look the same so if I check it out and it looks off or you can tell it was damaged. I’ll be placing another order for a 2022 at a different dealer. Sorry about the rant, I’m just frustrated.

thanks

Attachments

• 53A28453-8E4F-4316-8A91-F241411495E9.jpeg
    53A28453-8E4F-4316-8A91-F241411495E9.jpeg
    254.3 KB · Views: 1,040
  • E8E487FF-2CB1-47AD-8083-EC2E28114D5D.jpeg
    E8E487FF-2CB1-47AD-8083-EC2E28114D5D.jpeg
    245.4 KB · Views: 747
Yea....that’s a shitty dent in a bad spot! It would be costing them a lot more $$ out of their pocket if it was me plus a extended warranty. If not, just order another. The wait will suck but you always know it was there. ?

So 16 weeks later (priority 10), after placing my order Dec 10th, I arrive to see my truck super excited to get the winch thrown on and take it off the lot. Before I took a test drive my brother pointed out this dent... apparently it was cleared after it was off the transport truck... so this damage either occurred during rail/truck transport and they missed it or a service advisor messed up... either way a joke they treat this 90k truck like this. They offered to have the winch and fix the trucks dent, and scratched off paint (for free of course) this Monday at a shop that does their work. However, I think that It will never look the same so if I check it out and it looks off or you can tell it was damaged. I’ll be placing another order for a 2022 at a different dealer. Sorry about the rant, I’m just frustrated.

thanks
That’s is total bullshit! Sorry for you man I’d be some pissed! Honestly tho it’s impressive that it was dented there without any mirror contact or anything? Almost like someone smoked it with a pipe.

thanks
That sucks. But why a different dealer, you don’t like your dealer? If not why did you order there in the first place?

I bet that damage happened either on the truck or train. Either way that’s not the dealers fault(other than the lack of a walk through and signing off on it). Order your 22 and see what your dealer will do for compensation for the added wait?

If you go to another dealer they will give you nothing.

Last edited:
I'd be really, really pissed too. However, know that a good quality shop can repair that and you wouldn't know the difference, (except, you would know). Maybe you can score something out of this. Good luck!

No way I’d take that truck.
In 2012 I bought a Ford Raptor.
Drove it home and found a bad crack in the hood and paint. They repainted it.
9 years later the only bad paint on my truck is the repainted hood. Very frustrating it’s peeling bad now and hood paint is basically trash

I personally would have them reimburse me for taking it to the body shop of my choice. I have a body shop I really trust and would never question their repairs.

thanks
Sorry to hear the news. I hope they take care of you and the issue. ??

You say it's a ninety thousand dollar truck. It that the price you agreed to pay originally?

You say it's a ninety thousand dollar truck. It that the price you agreed to pay originally?
Negative that is just the sticker. However I will see how it is after repairs and might just go order a 2022. Issue is will be waiting till June for them to start building figured would ship in late august/sept. So a lot of waiting I dislike. But near me you will probably only get 1-3k off. Dealers can’t get enough of these and the demand is high.

the shop doing the repairs is respected, in the area and fixed my buddies totaled raptor. So I do trust the shop however, I’m not sure if I will follow through with the purchase. Very disappointing I have waited so long and now here I am with a fucked up truck

Which one? DM if need be.
Randy Hansen auto body on Llano Road just south of Highway 12. Between Santa Rosa and Sebastopol. Has done 3 cars for me and all of the body work we need on the work vehicles. Their facility is not "slick and high tech" but I have seen 20 year old repairs that you still can't tell ever happened.

Last edited:
Negative that is just the sticker. However I will see how it is after repairs and might just go order a 2022. Issue is will be waiting till June for them to start building figured would ship in late august/sept. So a lot of waiting I dislike. But near me you will probably only get 1-3k off. Dealers can’t get enough of these and the demand is high.

the shop doing the repairs is respected, in the area and fixed my buddies totaled raptor. So I do trust the shop however, I’m not sure if I will follow through with the purchase. Very disappointing I have waited so long and now here I am with a fucked up truck
It really comes down to what you determine the value is. You can get the current truck plus some negotiated value or wait for a new one and hope not to have an issue. If you don't accept the truck the dealer can't sell it as new since it is damaged/repaired. So use that factor as a value point.

I would seriously consider the current chip shortage and how that may effect a future order.

Randy Hansen auto body on Llano Road just south of Highway 12. Between Santa Rosa and Sebastopol. Has done 3 cars for me and all of the body work we need on the work vehicles. Their facility is not "slick and high tech" but I have seen 20 year old repairs that you still can't tell ever happened.
I used to go to Arnold Birky.

Have them re-skin/replace the door, always better to apply the paint to base primer and proper prep and it should be good, have them throw in full truck ceramic coating and PPF for the inconvenience.

That's a whole lot more than $3,000 worth of damage; there is no way that is a fair offer regardless of your zip code.

It will cost the dealer significantly more to have it properly repaired; it's a nasty combination of location and material factors.

Your position is stronger than you think, you've just got to get that dealers perspective out of your head and advocate for your own self interest.

Last edited:
Would this repair show up as an accident reported on a carfax or autocheck? Just wondering what that will look like down the road if you are ever trying to sell it. Sucks to have that documented at essentially 0 miles.
-Jon

That is really a long time to wait, and a very poor outcome for you. As others have said, chit happens and it really was not the dealers fault. If you decide to re-order, you will probably get a better deal from the original dealer as they will try their best to make it right.

Unless the bigger infotainment screen is a big attraction to you I would accept it as long as an extended warranty was thrown in along with at least a front end PPF job. That's hardly a big deal to fix.

Latest Discussions

Back