If I place an order with my dealership next day or so when will the truck come in???

PapaRaptor

Tremor Maniac
Reaction Points
Current Ride
6.7 F350 Tremor "Velocity" Blue Lariat Sport
Current Ride #2
7.3 F350 Iconic silver THE SILVER FOX
I am looking at a 2022 order out Carbonized grey F350 7.3 they tell me they can take the order. build starts June???? not sure when they would see it. But by ordering now I at least get in line.

What say you on the delivery date for a 2022????

I would be surprise to see deliveries before August, more likely late Aug at the very best. Depending on your build and the semi-conductor market who knows.

Since the order banks have been open for close to a month and builds are supposed to start on 6/6/21. You are one month behind so call it 7/6 then add 5 days for production that's 7/11 add 3 weeks for shipping and that puts you at early august at the earliest. Add in the supply chain issues and line break downs I suspect an early September delivery date would be likely

November 2022.

Wait, sorry, I thought I was on the Bronco board.

I would guess a month or two longer than when the first of any model year would typically get delivered. October?

Why the change? Your truck is fairly new. I thought you loved the VB?

I am looking at a 2022 order out Carbonized grey F350 7.3 they tell me they can take the order. build starts June???? not sure when they would see it. But by ordering now I at least get in line.

I ordered today as well. Congrats!!! I was told 6/1 for 2022 production starting. So build sometime after that. My dealer thinks late July/early August would be the earliest delivery and a win.
Did you get a priority code?

I think July for people who ordered mid-March. 2021s were being delivered at the end of October to some folks when they just started building in October (orders in late August). Theoretically there will be a plant shut-down in late June for 2 weeks. But who knows if they stick to that this year.

I think July for people who ordered mid-March. 2021s were being delivered at the end of October to some folks when they just started building in October (orders in late August). Theoretically there will be a plant shut-down in late June for 2 weeks. But who knows if they stick to that this year.
The dash boards are built on a separate line and brought to the main line for installation. The only change to the 22s is the infotainment system which is built into the dash assembly. They may not need to have a 2 week shut down because they will still be building essentially the same truck, no retooling the line. Hopefully semi-conductors won't hold up production and things will stay on schedule, it would be great to see some Tremors roll off the line in July.

The dash boards are built on a separate line and brought to the main line for installation. The only change to the 22s is the infotainment system which is built into the dash assembly. They may not need to have a 2 week shut down because they will still be building essentially the same truck, no retooling the line. Hopefully semi-conductors won't hold up production and things will stay on schedule, it would be great to see some Tremors roll off the line in July.
The 2 weeks shutdown is their summer vacation.

August/September most likely

Why the change? Your truck is fairly new. I thought you loved the VB?
Will be in addition to my Tremor actually its a F350 XLT dually chassis, In carbonized Grey!!! I do love the VB but want something I can beat up more and keep my Tremor nicer. Hate to drag the my CTL around and do landscaping/construction with such a nice truck.

My Current chassis cab truck is a 2000 and its a Chevy with a Detroit diesel that has only 185 HP. But is clean and has central hydraulics.
IMG_7037.jpeg

Are the chassis cabs made at a different plant? If they are I believe they have different production dates

Are the chassis cabs made at a different plant? If they are I believe they have different production dates
possible, I need to ask questions like that. I know the dealership still needs allocations for all SDs. Added problem is the dump box conversion. The chassis will get shipped to the up fitter then they put the box on and ship to dealership. So add weeks or months to that. I am concerned with back orders and the supply line shortages as well as the cost of steel on the rise.

But there are not many options for inventory out there right now. I don't want a 450 or 550 because the annual plate fees are crazy high here in Wisconsin. the 350 with proper set up ( 7.3 with 4:30 gears ) will tow everything I will ever need.

I know this is the Tremor group but you guys are the experts on this type thing and I know I will get solid info from you all!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I bought a 550 chassis cab in 17, just the truck, then I worked with an upfitter directly to have body installed. I was able save a few bucks and get what I wanted. The dump bodies are pretty standard for chassis cabs so I don't think there should be too bad of delays. Now if you were trying to convert a pick-up frame to a dump, that would be a different story.

I bought a 550 chassis cab in 17, just the truck, then I worked with an upfitter directly to have body installed. I was able save a few bucks and get what I wanted. The dump bodies are pretty standard for chassis cabs so I don't think there should be too bad of delays. Now if you were trying to convert a pick-up frame to a dump, that would be a different story.
There are two places around here for the dump body Monroe and Knapheide. They don't even return phone calls from non dealerships and don't want to quote anything out a few months due to the rising cost of steel. I am stuck with some mark up.

After a little digging I believe the chassis cabs are made at he OHAP which doesn't switch to MY22 until 7/20. I suspect you are looking at an October delivery at the earliest.

I'm an estimator for a construction company and I cant get vendors to hold the price on anything made of steel or plastic for more than a week. I suspect dump bodies are the same.

Back