I want a 350 Platinum Tremor, but it may be too tall

doc7string

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
'17 Audi S6
Hi everyone. If the world were a perfect place, I would buy an F350 Platinum Tremor, but the world has obstacles. For me that obstacle is height. I have seen from numerous sources (including this forum) that the height of the 350 Tremor is 83". That is too tall for one of the garages I need to park in at work. In pictures, it looks as if the high point of the truck is the top of the antenna (which could be remedied with a shorter or more flexible one). But, if 83" is to the top of the cab, then I'll need to go with the Platinum without the Tremor package. Can anyone clarify this for me? Thank you for any input you may provide.

my 250 platinum is exactly 83” to the antennas. (aired down to 68 psi rear 65 front.)

it is too tall for my work garage but im buying it anyway. I will take my motorcycle and wifes car to work and keep my truck for hauling and weekend fun. She doesnt know that yet lol.

Hi everyone. If the world were a perfect place, I would buy an F350 Platinum Tremor, but the world has obstacles. For me that obstacle is height. I have seen from numerous sources (including this forum) that the height of the 350 Tremor is 83". That is too tall for one of the garages I need to park in at work. In pictures, it looks as if the high point of the truck is the top of the antenna (which could be remedied with a shorter or more flexible one). But, if 83" is to the top of the cab, then I'll need to go with the Platinum without the Tremor package. Can anyone clarify this for me? Thank you for any input you may provide.
With the Sirius antenna on top of the truck you are at 84”. I like the Tremor and if you want A Tremor you should consider doing a rear leveling just a thought.

Good information to know. Just checked my garage. 94 inches.

From the floor of my garage to to header of the garage door is 82 inches. My truck doesn't fit in my garage. I have to air down the truck to about 10psi on all 4 corners and then drive it in and air back up if weather is coming in.

Working on getting door made bigger but it works for now.

I broke off the top 1" or so of my antenna going through my parking garage so often at work.

It's the cab satellite antennas that are the issue. Not the whip antenna on the hood.

Get a $4,500 car to commute with. Thats what i do. I have a 2013 Toyota Corolla. By the way l love my Corolla.

I cant do that. I drive around 24k miles per year almost all related to work. I need to love the vehicle I spend so much of my life in.

Understood but, you originally were on the fence whether to buy a Tremor because of its height due to the height of the garage at work. I just gave an alternative option. I too drive about 30,000 to 40,000km per year for work.

Understood but, you originally were on the fence whether to buy a Tremor because of its height due to the height of the garage at work. I just gave an alternative option. I too drive about 30,000 to 40,000km per year for work.
I understand and appreciate your comment. I had no intention of offending. If I did, I apologize. My ultimate goal is to buy a platinum f350 (I'd like with tremor but without would be ok) that'll get me through snowed months. Once paid off, I would like to get a mid engine vette. I've been driving Audis for years because they're sporty and good in snow, but a big truck and rwd sports car would be much cooler. Your idea is actually a great one, but I'd rather use that $ toward the truck and move closer to my ultimate goal.

Get a $4,500 car to commute with. Thats what i do. I have a 2013 Toyota Corolla. By the way l love my Corolla.
I'm also considering this if my wife gives me any crap about stealing her car to commute in. The burden of another insurance policy anc CA reg fees could be a bit too annoying though.

Latest Discussions

Back