I thought I had a 2022 6.7 Tremor on order

PW19

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2019 Ram 2500 PowerWagon
Been looking for 6.7 tremors the last month or so, and dealers are selling them hours within receiving them or even before. Dealers are selling them 4k+ MSRP. So I found a dealer not to far from me offering 3 years maintenance or 36k and lifetime warrantee on engine and drivetrain. Seems like a sweet deal on a diesel, so I decided to place an a custom order. A little over a week later I get a call back saying the salesmen I worked with used the 2021 build sheet (since they are only doing 2022 builds at this time) and the 2022 builds don't have the same features/packages and they want me to come back in to reorder. Is the dealer trying to get out of the discounts ford was offering on the 2021s? Or was this just an honest mistake?

Any you gents come across this?

It should have a 3yr/36k mile bumper to bumper warranty and then the diesel gets a 5yr/60k mile powertrain, and a 5yr/100k mile warranty on engine. The features should remain the same for 2022, only minor changes were made for the 22MY.

Been looking for 6.7 tremors the last month or so, and dealers are selling them hours within receiving them or even before. Dealers are selling them 4k+ MSRP. So I found a dealer not to far from me offering 3 years maintenance or 36k and lifetime warrantee on engine and drivetrain. Seems like a sweet deal on a diesel, so I decided to place an a custom order. A little over a week later I get a call back saying the salesmen I worked with used the 2021 build sheet (since they are only doing 2022 builds at this time) and the 2022 builds don't have the same features/packages and they want me to come back in to reorder. Is the dealer trying to get out of the discounts ford was offering on the 2021s? Or was this just an honest mistake?

Any you gents come across this?
Colors, the dash/sync 4, interior colors, and some exterior trim options changed. Your salesman was not on the ball. 2022 order guide can be downloaded on blueovalforums.com and probably here somewhere.

Colors, the dash/sync 4, interior colors, and some exterior trim options changed. Your salesman was not on the ball. 2022 order guide can be downloaded on blueovalforums.com and probably here somewhere.
Thanks I think if found it here:

Attachments

• 2022 Super Duty Pick-Up Order Guide.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
It should have a 3yr/36k mile bumper to bumper warranty and then the diesel gets a 5yr/60k mile powertrain, and a 5yr/100k mile warranty on engine. The features should remain the same for 2022, only minor changes were made for the 22MY.
I think what you are talking about is the standard ford warrantee. Apparently this dealer is offering a warrantee on top of that, here is the info they gave me while at the dealer, I've attached a screenshot of the info. Anyone seen anything like this being offered else where?

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 34
I think what you are talking about is the standard ford warrantee. Apparently this dealer is offering a warrantee on top of that, here is the info they gave me while at the dealer, I've attached a screenshot of the info. Anyone seen anything like this being offered else where?
It looks good. What I know is that when RV dealers offer that kind of deal, it's basically garbage. But it says you can get regular service at any licensed place. What does "licensed" mean? If you like the dealer, then nothing to lose. And yes that is the right order guide you found.

I got a lifetime powertrain warranty once the factory warranty expires through my dealer also.

He won’t order the 22 with maintenance 3yrs and lifetime drivetrain? Neither of those 2 are 21 options. They are dealer incentives that can be added to any vehicle.

This has come up a few times here now where people thought they had placed an order but actually had not. Simple solution: ask for a copy of the DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement). This is what Ford sends the dealer confirming the order once it is submitted. Doesn’t mean they are building it (allocation still has to happen), but it means it got entered and Ford acknowledges it. Lists the build details along with pricing, i.e., invoice, X-Plan, etc.

As for the warranties, I figure I’ll just add an extended warranty when the time comes through one of those nice folks that call me four or five times a week. Heck, they’re still offering me one for a car I sold several years ago, so they must be totally legit, right? :)

This has come up a few times here now where people thought they had placed an order but actually had not. Simple solution: ask for a copy of the DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement). This is what Ford sends the dealer confirming the order once it is submitted. Doesn’t mean they are building it (allocation still has to happen), but it means it got entered and Ford acknowledges it. Lists the build details along with pricing, i.e., invoice, X-Plan, etc.

As for the warranties, I figure I’ll just add an extended warranty when the time comes through one of those nice folks that call me four or five times a week. Heck, they’re still offering me one for a car I sold several years ago, so they must be totally legit, right? :)
I'm going back today after work, I'll ask for that.

Latest Discussions

Back