I Spy... with my little eye | 2023 SD Thread

I would bet dimensionally, the front end is the same size as the current one. It "feels" smaller. The visual height of the current lights and the hard horizontal edge of the hood over the grille make it "feel" bigger than the new. This grille has hard continuous horizontal lines that make it appear shorter.

The size of the rest of the truck is a visual size wash compared to the current non Tremor Super Duty. The 23' fender lips need trim.

Thank you. Happy Thanksgiving!

In what way? Explain like I'm 5.

Edit: besides being a new location to wipe away dust and dirt.
Same as a cowl hood on a race car...fast moving air creates a vacuum and sucks air out of the engine bay which forces more air into the engine bay thru the front...I think it works on the Venturi principle...how effective or useful this is who knows

Same as a cowl hood on a race car...fast moving air creates a vacuum and sucks air out of the engine bay which forces more air into the engine bay thru the front...I think it works on the Venturi principle...how effective or useful this is who knows

Interesting. Wonder why it took them this long to come up with a solution to a problem that I didn't know existed

Interesting. Wonder why it took them this long to come up with a solution to a problem that I didn't know existed
The side vents have been functional for a number of years as far as I know. So not a new thing with '23. They've just made the vents a lot taller in the new model year.

The side vents have been functional for a number of years as far as I know. So not a new thing with '23. They've just made the vents a lot taller in the new model year.
How are they functional? Did you ever take off the badges to see what’s behind there? I did, had to drill a hole to run the badge lights to the engine bay. There is nothing behind there, the area sealed, no air is coming through.

Agree with others that it’s mostly for show on the 23s. But maybe Ford did drill some holes for the air to actually move through the vents.

How are they functional? Did you ever take off the badges to see what’s behind there? I did, had to drill a hole to run the badge lights to the engine bay. There is nothing behind there, the area sealed, no air is coming through.

Agree with others that it’s mostly for show on the 23s. But maybe Ford did drill some holes for the air to actually move through the vents.
I could have sworn I've seen pictures behind them and others stating they were functional previously, but if you've had them off and there was just sheet metal then I'm wrong! Funky.

I could have sworn I've seen pictures behind them and others stating they were functional previously, but if you've had them off and there was just sheet metal then I'm wrong! Funky.
True, i cant speak for all SDs, only for my 22 where i took the badge off and was surprised by what i saw😀

Reactions: ccw

It sure is, lots of info on the internet about it, this was interesting
Many possible benefits to the fender vents...maybe the fancy wheel well inserts trap a lot of heat or cause weird airflow characteristics

On jeeps they were added to eliminate “hood flutter”

Last edited:
Reactions: ccw
They vent hot air from the engine compartment (which is the location where he engine is stored). Hot air is a by product of horsepower which causes damage to engines.

Hey, you asked for a 5yr old explanation.

Bronco nailed the main problem I have with the side steps: they're too dang high. What is the benefit of this over the Amp Research fold-down ones (or similar style)? The fold-down ones tuck away nicely and drop lower (running board height).

And they will absolutely collect snow in the winter making them dangerous to use unless you clean them off before-hand, whereas the Amp Research ones will collect far less snow since they're tucked up and are easier to push the snow off since they're open-backed.

Maybe someone will come up with a storage box that can replace the factory side step, then the Amp Research side step can be added below that. That would be a winning combo! :D
I suppose the side step is too high for some, but for the folks who buy this truck that are 6'5"+ it will be perfect. 😝

So...this ford guy says from 2022 and onward the tremors have a locking front differential, then when asked about it he says it’s a torsen differential....was he just getting confused with the f-150 tremor? 18:55

So...this ford guy says from 2022 and onward the tremors have a locking front differential, then when asked about it he says it’s a torsen differential....was he just getting confused with the f-150 tremor? 18:55
That would be news to me... My guess is that he meant to say 23 not 22.

This recent article states Dana limited slip for 23 which is the reality we have all accepted for 20-22:

"As a reminder, the 2023 Ford Super Duty Tremor Off-Road Package includes a front-end lift and a specially tuned suspension paired with a Dana front axle with a limited slip differential."
Ah, interesting thanks, was wondering if ford changed/upgraded the front since the clutch pack based lsd seemed like a half measure to some people.

I have now heard it several times on FB forum and elsewhere that BAP will only be offered with agate black paint, similar to how RAM has their black only (midnight?) edition.

Even when you watch the video of Andre going over the packages, both XLT and Lariat BAP are black trucks displayed.

I wonder if everyone holding off for job 2 BAP realizes this. If it’s true of course, hasn’t been confirmed by Ford that i’ve seen.

Attachments

• ECD2F2B3-4364-4E6D-B914-DF21FCDEBEAF.png
    ECD2F2B3-4364-4E6D-B914-DF21FCDEBEAF.png
    771.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 19A20429-8229-470E-8042-EEA8C568F2E1.png
    19A20429-8229-470E-8042-EEA8C568F2E1.png
    779.6 KB · Views: 44
I have now heard it several times on FB forum and elsewhere that BAP will only be offered with agate black paint, similar to how RAM has their black only (midnight?) edition.

Even when you watch the video of Andre going over the packages, both XLT and Lariat BAP are black trucks displayed.

I wonder if everyone holding off for job 2 BAP realizes this. If it’s true of course, hasn’t been confirmed by Ford that i’ve seen.
considering I only see a few small things in the new SD BAP that matter i doubt holding off is worth the effort. i see a black grille, black badges, wheels, and the black radar on the rear tails. if BAP only comes on agate so be it you can paint the grille(the pieces seem to be removable from the headlights), paint the fender badges. the lack of black housing headlights is LAME (FORD are you listening? you screwed this up)!!! the BAP on the 23 model does nothing for me. 2020-2022 was well executed and kicked ass.

considering I only see a few small things in the new SD BAP that matter i doubt holding off is worth the effort. i see a black grille, black badges, wheels, and the black radar on the rear tails. if BAP only comes on agate so be it you can paint the grille(the pieces seem to be removable from the headlights), paint the fender badges. the lack of black housing headlights is LAME (FORD are you listening? you screwed this up)!!! the BAP on the 23 model does nothing for me. 2020-2022 was well executed and kicked ass.
Maybe it's just that once you go black you never...

I'll just stop there.

That would be terrible. The 20-22 BAP looks great on several colors.

Back