I Spy... with my little eye | 2023 SD Thread

King Ranch Tremor

52D76875-28E2-47A9-B61F-2479C330D43E.jpeg

53D398E4-9A2C-4DB2-AC6E-FC934F2F83F1.jpeg

258F4A50-9CC9-4F6D-9DA2-68702D552B1E.jpeg

Needs stone grey fender flares imo. Also if they’re going to mimic the Platinum by giving you the tailgate appliqué (previously only available with chrome package) with two tone body color then they should give you chrome door handles and mirror caps. An easy post-purchase fix, but still. Cmon.

Last edited:
King Ranch Tremor

Needs stone grey fender flares imo. Also if they’re going to mimic the Platinum by giving you the tailgate appliqué (previously only available with chrome package) with two tone body color then they should give you chrome door handles and mirror caps. An easy post-purchase fix, but still. Cmon.

DkV9lIx.png

That bed side step is just hideous (ruins thel lines of the truck), along with the coke bottle glasses they added to the headlights of a '22 and called it a '23. Personally they should have kept the exterior styling of the current model and upgrade the interior with more quality components ('22 dash looks great). As I have said before, I'm over the horsepower/torque war, how about better fuel economy/useable power. I would love the manufactures (Ford, all of them) to let you know when you get all 1200 lb-ft after they derate it in the first couple of gears. Total waste and nothing but pure advertisement bragging rights that we the consumer pay for. Well that's my bitch, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

I dropped by the LA Auto Show today because I wanted to see a '23 in person. I think it will be a winner.

First the side steps. They're fixed but what you see is two pieces. The cutout housing is one while the step is another that mounts up and behind the body skin and step cutout housing. I think making a flip up one would be very easy and could be shaped to fit the opening. I like the usefulness of the side step and would be interested in a folding one.

20221123_123907.jpg

20221123_123922.jpg

Yes, the side vents are big. After studying them in real life I'm indifferent. They're side vents, so what.

20221123_124446.jpg

The front grill is better than in pictures. The step down in the hood still bothers me but my wife (an art history major and artist) tried to explain to me why it works with the design and should be the way it is. I gave her my best fake, "you're right honey!" but still don't like it. I think the grill on the Limited is pretty cool and the chrome one on the Lariat will be better.

20221123_124228.jpg

After looking at everything for a while and talking to the Ford guys, this is the one angle on the truck I don't like. I don't know why. I just don't.

20221123_124614.jpg

And the winner of the design improvements? The radio antenna now has a spring inside its base and bends over rather than breaking off.

20221123_124653.jpg

I still wonder why they did away with the fender moldings on the Tremor.

I think making a flip up one would be very easy and could be shaped to fit the opening
This would've been the way for Ford to elevate the design beyond what GM has had in the marketplace for years. Flip up with body color skin and molding would make it very stealthy... Still noticeable but it would not stand out as much.

The front grill is better than in pictures
I thought the same when one passed me going the opposite direction a month or so ago. Some things just do not photograph well to correctly capture the perspective. I still prefer the 22 but if I was buying a 23 it wouldn't grate me as much as the steps and vents.

I believe the late 22's have that new antenna. I just picked mine up and it has this new one. Several of the recent pictures in the 2022 order timeline dumpster fire of a thread have this antenna as well.

That antenna looks the same as my August 2021 build '22 model year.

As mentioned in another thread, the step tread direction is oriented incorrectly by 90º to afford the most shoe grip, not to mention it is less ergonomic of a height than even using the running boards.

I dropped by the LA Auto Show today because I wanted to see a '23 in person. I think it will be a winner.
Can you tell me what tires are on that non tremor… are they Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo 3? My non Tremor will come with whatever that has. Ford I guess is done with the Michelin LTX at2

First the side steps. They're fixed but what you see is two pieces. The cutout housing is one while the step is another that mounts up and behind the body skin and step cutout housing. I think making a flip up one would be very easy and could be shaped to fit the opening. I like the usefulness of the side step and would be interested in a folding one.

This would've been the way for Ford to elevate the design beyond what GM has had in the marketplace for years. Flip up with body color skin and molding would make it very stealthy... Still noticeable but it would not stand out as much.

not to mention it is less ergonomic of a height than even using the running boards.
Bronco nailed the main problem I have with the side steps: they're too dang high. What is the benefit of this over the Amp Research fold-down ones (or similar style)? The fold-down ones tuck away nicely and drop lower (running board height).

And they will absolutely collect snow in the winter making them dangerous to use unless you clean them off before-hand, whereas the Amp Research ones will collect far less snow since they're tucked up and are easier to push the snow off since they're open-backed.

Maybe someone will come up with a storage box that can replace the factory side step, then the Amp Research side step can be added below that. That would be a winning combo! :D

Curious about Azure Metallic Grey...as you walked around the vehicle and (presumably) saw that color exposed to different angular lighting conditions what your general impressions of the color were (how does it compare to the forwarded images?) ...

Can you tell me what tires are on that non tremor… are they Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo 3? My non Tremor will come with whatever that has. Ford I guess is done with the Michelin LTX at2
The best pictures I have of the tires are of other things like the whole truck and rear axle. Looks like it just says Bridgestone Dueler A/T.

20221123_124523.jpg

20221123_125410.jpg

Speaking of the rear axle, anyone care to identify it. This is an F-350 with the high output 6.7. Shouldn't this be the high capacity axle? I can't find anything on it other than that it is a 11.6" axle. The configurator only lists that axle as available with the 6.7 on the F-250.

Yes, the side vents are big. After studying them in real life I'm indifferent. They're side vents, so what.
I know this is a bit abstract but can you speak to the general feeling of the size of the front end? Do you feel like the truck *feels* bigger than the 22 MY due to the illusion of the "bigger" front end? I mean, Super Duty's are massive in it of themselves however when you're around them all the time it's easy to get used to the size so to speak but just curious if you felt this way first blush in person. Only reason I ask is because when I've seen pictures with MY23 and MY22s next to each other the MY23 just looks so much more stout, despite its downsides.

Are the side vents functional in any way?

Curious about Azure Metallic Grey...as you walked around the vehicle and (presumably) saw that color exposed to different angular lighting conditions what your general impressions of the color were (how does it compare to the forwarded images?) ...
That is one of the questions I hoped to have answered by going down there as that's the color I have ordered. The lights inside the LA Convention Center are crap. Everything is washed out. I would not trust the lighting there to give a true depiction of the color.

There was an Area 51 Maverick not to far from this F-350 I tried to compare the two. I would say that Azure Gray is lighter and bluer in that light. It definitely has a heavy metallic too it. I expect the blue will pop in the sun like some of the videos I've seen but it did not in that light. The picture of the front grill above kind of catches the metallic but still does not do it justice.

My '21 is Velocity Blue with chrome and I love its wow factor in the sun. I hope this has it but I still don't know. All the Azure Gray vehicles near me are in transit or dealer ordered so I'll need to continue my search for one outside.

The see through grill (according to my insider contacts) was not the original design and only came in being after a supply chain issue. According to my non-named source the price of chicken wire went through the roof after the original concept and had to be scrapped for cheaper thin plastic to make budget.

So don't blame FORD!

I know this is a bit abstract but can you speak to the general feeling of the size of the front end? Do you feel like the truck *feels* bigger than the 22 MY due to the illusion of the "bigger" front end? I mean, Super Duty's are massive in it of themselves however when you're around them all the time it's easy to get used to the size so to speak but just curious if you felt this way first blush in person. Only reason I ask is because when I've seen pictures with MY23 and MY22s next to each other the MY23 just looks so much more stout, despite its downsides.

Are the side vents functional in any way?
I took this picture at this angle on purpose to show what looks like vents in the front edge. That's all I know. I tried to get inside of it and under the hood and under it which is what got the Ford guys talking to me. They would not let me in it but the first guy called a second. They brought up their resources to answer my questions and they have what we all have see here. I asked when Ford would release more. The first Ford guy did not know. The second Ford guy (who was very informative and knew a lot without checking his tablet resources) told me not to expect more until production starts.

20221123_124446.jpg

I took this picture at this angle on purpose to show what looks like vents in the front edge. That's all I know. I tried to get inside of it and under the hood and under it which is what got the Ford guys talking to me. They would not let me in it but the first guy called a second. They brought up their resources to answer my questions and they have what we all have see here. I asked when Ford would release more. The first Ford guy did not know. The second Ford guy (who was very informative and knew a lot without checking his tablet resources) told me not to expect more until production starts.
Thanks. Sorry, any answer to my first thought/question?

I would bet dimensionally, the front end is the same size as the current one. It "feels" smaller. The visual height of the current lights and the hard horizontal edge of the hood over the grille make it "feel" bigger than the new. This grille has hard continuous horizontal lines that make it appear shorter.

The size of the rest of the truck is a visual size wash compared to the current non Tremor Super Duty. The 23' fender lips need trim.

Back