I Spy... with my little eye | 2023 SD Thread

I understand what you are saying but i dont think its the airflow that is the issue here with this particular grill, i think its just either mediocre or unfinished design. I looked carefully at their other grill options with bars down the middle (used across all trims too, both gas and diesel) and it hides everything behind the grill pretty well. But this “sport” grill version used in 250/350 line does not unfortunately.
Fair point. Those other grills do seem quite a bit more restrictive while hiding everything behind the grill.

Clear the grill design on the "Sport" trim is recognition that the configured vehicle is endowed with additional super stealth performance capabilities and as such requires an order magnitude greater air flow :LOL:

First pics i ve seen of these side under steps. Looks weird.

Yeah I don't like it either. Ordered a '23 last week and checked the box for one. Have to wait until I see it in person, might have to remove it.

Fair point. Those other grills do seem quite a bit more restrictive while hiding everything behind the grill.
Here are some more comparison pics. Not perfect either but better at hiding radiator stuff:)

Attachments

• 3CEF8EF3-219B-4B4C-9176-17D21FB90679.jpeg
    3CEF8EF3-219B-4B4C-9176-17D21FB90679.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 166
  • 6A406911-2D7E-4C80-BBB6-E9609AAA52C5.jpeg
    6A406911-2D7E-4C80-BBB6-E9609AAA52C5.jpeg
    793.4 KB · Views: 165
  • 523C5B7C-0CB9-44C1-A601-B6CE616663B4.jpeg
    523C5B7C-0CB9-44C1-A601-B6CE616663B4.jpeg
    781.2 KB · Views: 165
Here are some more comparison pics. Not perfect either but better at hiding radiator stuff:)
Ya they're definitely worse at hiding radiator stuff, which leads me to believe they are opening things up overall, but no doubt the sport package is the worst at it.

What do you guys think about this sports package grill with Powerstroke diesel model. Is it me or one can see through it 100% and see the radiator and that bare metal pipe towards the top behind it? I've now seen it in maybe 5 different videos with that grill. It think that's just very bad design to no hide something so obvious behind the main visual component of the truck.

To each their own. I’ve seen alot of people order it.

All I see in that first pic are big fat duallies!!!

Do you know where these are from? The LA Auto Show is on right now and I can't get the show or Ford to tell me if they have the Super Duty there. I was going to run downtown and take a look if they did.

Yes, from the LA Auto show

Reactions: VB!
That is true! I am a late '63 boomer, and the black trim has always been on the fleet /work trucks (XL ) trims in the past . I prefer the chrome myself.but that is a lot of front end chrome.

Not a boomer - Gen X and I like the chrome. The blackout package looks like a work truck regardless of the shine on the plastic.

Not a boomer - Gen X and I like the chrome. The blackout package looks like a work truck regardless of the shine on the plastic.
Same. Hated chrome till about 1 year ago now I find myself really digging chrome bumpers/ factory chrome wheels all the sudden. Would still love/ take a tremor BAP Think the chrome grills may soften the lights a little bit too.

I am looking forard to the bed and bumper steps. When I went to a ford last year one of the things I missed the most from GM was the bumper step.

I am looking forard to the bed and bumper steps. When I went to a ford last year one of the things I missed the most from GM was the bumper step.
The same things I've always made fun of GM trucks for. They look stupid to me.

Ya all are missing the true intent of these steps..they are actually canard wings providing supplemental down force to the tires to handle all that engine torque.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions

Back