rawltide

Tremor Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2015 F-150 XLT 302A
First Responder
EMT
2023-Ford-F-Series-Super-Duty-Regular-Cab-8-Foot-Bed-Dual-Rear-Wheel-Dually-Prototype-Spy-Shot...jpg

2023-Ford-F-Series-Super-Duty-Regular-Cab-8-Foot-Bed-Dual-Rear-Wheel-Dually-Prototype-Spy-Shot...jpg

The pattern messes with my eyes so if anyone notices anything different, feel free to chime in.

Going to use this post to list my wishlist for 2023 as that is the MY I will likely be ordering.

Obligatory thank you Ford for not changing the mirrors. I've never had a SD and I fell in love with the tow mirrors Ford offered however wasn't able to retrofit them on my XLT because of the harness.

Wishlist as follows:
  1. Max recline seat on Lariat and above
  2. 35x12.5 tires or 37s stock
  3. Better cameras
  4. Keeping the Tremor option as a package not a trim
  5. Bring back White Gold as a color option
  6. Bigger tank for 7.3L
  7. Standard LED lights
  8. Move the camera button on the top cluster above the screen closest to the driver
  9. Stock Fox suspension (nod from the raptor)
  10. Move the wireless charging block to left of the cup holders
  11. Option to remove moonroof regardless of trim level

Also just noticed something that maybe someone else can chime in on...

Did Ford ever have rear sway bars come OEM on any Super Duty? I've noticed that Ram and some GMCs have this included from factory. Maybe this is something we will see

The pattern messes with my eyes so if anyone notices anything different, feel free to chime in.

Going to use this post to list my wishlist for 2023 as that is the MY I will likely be ordering.

Obligatory thank you Ford for not changing the mirrors. I've never had a SD and I fell in love with the tow mirrors Ford offered however wasn't able to retrofit them on my XLT because of the harness.

Wishlist as follows:
  1. Max recline seat on Lariat and above
  2. 35x12.5 tires or 37s stock
  3. Better cameras
  4. Keeping the Tremor option as a package not a trim
  5. Bring back White Gold as a color option
  6. Bigger tank for 7.3L
  7. Standard LED lights
  8. Move the camera button on the top cluster above the screen closest to the driver
  9. Stock Fox suspension (nod from the raptor)
  10. Move the wireless charging block to left of the cup holders
  11. Option to remove moonroof regardless of trim level
Good list! Would add:
  • Return ambient lighting in the cup holders
  • Return color changing to ambient lighting
  • Return tilt headrests to all trims, or at least Lariat
  • Add heated steering wheel and garage door opener to the Lariat Ultimate package

Those headlights kind of look like the raptor style lights.

The headlights did get a change on the Raptor and F150 in 21. I liked the how the SD LED strip looked liked [ ]

Have a feeling they're going to cut off the bottom part and just have it as the top half of the "bracket"

Good list! Would add:
  • Return ambient lighting in the cup holders
  • Return color changing to ambient lighting
  • Return tilt headrests to all trims, or at least Lariat
  • Add heated steering wheel and garage door opener to the Lariat Ultimate package

Good stuff. Didn't even know all of these were options to be honest. My XLT F150 was my first truck.. which was pretty much upgraded as soon as I got it.

I agree
It’s a cool look, but I love that big ass sd headlight.

Same. I wish like hell I could have placed a 22 order but some things got in the way so my eyes are set on 23..which I was worried they would change my favorite features, notably the grille, headlights and the mirrors.

Good stuff. Didn't even know all of these were options to be honest. My XLT F150 was my first truck.. which was pretty much upgraded as soon as I got it.
Ya the first 3 are regressions that have happened, likely as an effort by Ford to cut costs. Which sucks.

The tilt headrests left Lariat and lower trims for Super Duty’s (no idea about F-150’s) part way through 21MY. Prior to that all trims had them.

Color selectable ambient lighting went away with 20MY I believe.

And lastly, ambient lighting in the cup holders went away with 22MY. Now there’s no ambient lighting in the center of the truck other than the tiny bit in the front compartment where the wireless charging pad is. And that’s only visible if you have that door open

Ya the first 3 are regressions that have happened, likely as an effort by Ford to cut costs. Which sucks.

The tilt headrests left Lariat and lower trims for Super Duty’s (no idea about F-150’s) part way through 21MY. Prior to that all trims had them.

Color selectable ambient lighting went away with 20MY I believe.

And lastly, ambient lighting in the cup holders went away with 22MY. Now there’s no ambient lighting in the center of the truck other than the tiny bit in the front compartment where the wireless charging pad is. And that’s only visible if you have that door open

Well for what it's worth my 15 F150 has tilt headrests, assuming by that you mean that they only tilt forward, not also backwards. So that's interesting that they did away with them, as it seems like a pretty simple feature that wouldn't add much cost.

Ambient lighting seems like a feature that once you have it, you'll never want to go back to not having it. Never experienced it in my own vehicles but have been in others with it and it just seems like a pretty standard check box on luxury vehicles.

Same. I wish like hell I could have placed a 22 order but some things got in the way so my eyes are set on 23..which I was worried they would change my favorite features, notably the grille, headlights and the mirrors.
Those are very nice features, I’m happy with my 21. Can’t complain, and no one would listen.
Hopefully Ford doesn’t ruin the aesthetics they got going on

Well for what it's worth my 15 F150 has tilt headrests, assuming by that you mean that they only tilt forward, not also backwards. So that's interesting that they did away with them, as it seems like a pretty simple feature that wouldn't add much cost.

Ambient lighting seems like a feature that once you have it, you'll never want to go back to not having it. Never experienced it in my own vehicles but have been in others with it and it just seems like a pretty standard check box on luxury vehicles.
Yep, the tilt headrests tilt forward, but the key is when they’re all the way back they are farther back than the fixed headrests. The fixed ones are pretty far forward.

And for sure! The lack of lighting in the center of the truck irks me since my parent’s 2006 VW Jetta had a couple of small red LEDs in the overhead console, and that wasn’t a luxury car by any stretch of the imagination. But love the ambient lighting overall!

Reminder that you only get ambient lighting with the Ultimate package on Lariat. Higher trims have it by default. (That assumes they don’t change anything in that regard for 23MY.)

Yep, the tilt headrests tilt forward, but the key is when they’re all the way back they are farther back than the fixed headrests. The fixed ones are pretty far forward.

And for sure! The lack of lighting in the center of the truck irks me since my parent’s 2006 VW Jetta had a couple of small red LEDs in the overhead console, and that wasn’t a luxury car by any stretch of the imagination. But love the ambient lighting overall!

Reminder that you only get ambient lighting with the Ultimate package on Lariat. Higher trims have it by default. (That assumes they don’t change anything in that regard for 23MY.)

I plan to order a KR (Ultimate). That will have ambient lighting? Can you turn it off?

The lack of tilt headrests is a problem… maybe my personal geometry is messed up but the fixed headrest seriously screwed up my neck so I pulled it all the way out and turned it around it looks kinda stupid but it’s a big improvement. I would love to see some kind of hybrid in the superduty as @soop mentioned with the pro power. I think it’s a matter of real estate. Where do you put a superduty sized electric motor with any of the superduty engines with a hybrid drive terrain? I think it would have to used the eco boost v6 in order to fit and provide super duty levels of combined torque and horsepower. But between that engine and an electric motor if you used a big ass one you could definitely exceed the power output of the 7.3 very easily and sit somewhere between the 7.3 and the 6.7 for torque figures.

Back