I Spy... with my little eye | 2023 SD Thread

a few things that I hope they incorporate into the new generation (some of these have been brought up before)

a friend of mine just got an f150 tremor recently. the 21 trucks are really nice. I absolutely love my 2022 platinum seats, but his f150 seats are more comfortable overall.

better cameras. --I was disappointed in the resolution of the cameras on my 22 screen

some sort of trail turn assist like on the new 150 or in the bronco. I plan on using mine to get out into the wilderness, and with these being such a long truck, everything counts in making them turn tighter on smaller trails.

fox shocks option-- this is likely to be a tall order

37" tire option

maybe a couple options for factory tremor wheels. not that i don't like the current ones, but a little variety is always good.

pro power inverter system in the bed. -- I think this is pretty convenient to have in a truck where the single 400w in cab one doesn't cut it.

ambient lighting color change and in cup holders -- thankfully I didn't buy a set of cup holder inserts for my 22.. would've been a waste of money.

as @rawltide said, the button layout for the cameras is too far. the layout could be improved overall for all those buttons.

and maybe move the sidebar screen to the driver side instead of the passenger side so its easier for the driver to use.

And proximity lighting. Comes in handy when you’re working around the truck in the dark.

Last edited:
I plan to order a KR (Ultimate). That will have ambient lighting? Can you turn it off?
Correct. That will have the ambient lighting by default.

And yes, you can turn it off from the big touch screen. Can also change the brightness of the ambient lighting, though IMO it’s perfect at full brightness. Visible, but subtle.

I would be interested in a hybrid Godzilla. More power and more range. With ProPower onboard like the F150.
How much payload and towing and capacity will you loose with all the batts?
It be a nice option but I wouldn't wanna sacrifice payload or towing capacity to have a hybrid.

7.3 needs a bigger gas tank...my 2010 Expedition was ordered with the larger 35 gallon tank...I have a habit of getting way off grid...think 2hrs on FS roads..I need more fuel capacity in an off road package.

I was just thinking of this yesterday. I figured we see some spy shots soon.

The headlights do seem to follow the f150, which is pretty expected, I suppose. One thing I really like about the current model super duty are the headlights. With the led outer lines they are very cool.

I’m sure it will look good with the camo off, but for the most part it seems like the changes are minimal. Excited to hear/see more as things are leaked.

IMO push button start should be standard on Lariat and above. It should be an option on as part of some premium package on the XL/XLT trim lines.

I'd like to see the creature comfort packages refactored in the Lariat trim level. Lariat seems to be a wildly popular trim level that could benefit from tiered packages. The value package is indeed a value package. For $710 there are some decent "upgrades" to the trim. However, the ultimate package doesn't seem so "ultimate" when it leaves items like LED headlights, heated steering wheel, heated rear seats, and rain sensing wipers off. Rebrand the current ultimate package to something along the lines of "convenience" where those items are left off. But introduce a new ultimate package that gets you all of those items wrapped into one box check.

I'm also hoping for more robust autonomous features that they offer on their other platforms by way of Ford Co-pilot. I know there is controversy around these types of features, but I wouldn't mind seeing them available as packages similar to how they are on the F150.

I don't mind having some options as independent upgrades to help keep the costs in check and not forcing people to have to add a $5-6k package just to get a couple creature comfort options. Such things as the 360 camera package and pro trailer backup, up fitters, roof lights, 5er prep, and the likes.

And for all those Platty buyers that were forced into a Lariat trim level to get the black appearance package....I hope that changes. I can understand it not being available on the KR or the Limited... but to me, the Platinum trim should offer some sport/black appearance option.

Hopefully they will make the color of the truck in the 360 view the same as the color of the truck that it's 360 viewing
What color is the truck now?

Mine shows as gray
Gotcha. Maybe I will be ok with my silver truck, but there sure should be a connection to the color of the vehicle. Seems like a nice detail to have.

IMO push button start should be standard on Lariat and above. It should be an option on as part of some premium package on the XL/XLT trim lines.
I'm also hoping for more robust autonomous features that they offer on their other platforms by way of Ford Co-pilot. I know there is controversy around these types of features, but I wouldn't mind seeing them available as packages similar to how they are on the F150.
fark_VBAvQTH2IdgHD7Xi7D38sKXvkDo.gif

Just Kidding... sort of ;)

If you want to understand where they will go, look at the competitors... where is Ford lacking (interiors, NHV), and where are they superior or at least competitive (engines, drivetrain, ergonomics, quality). Ford won't fix what they don't need to fix to remain competitive, and will address those they can in the cheapest manner possible.

What I think will we see:

-Same powertrain. Same fuel tanks. Same drivetrain. Maybe drop 6.2L and add 6.8L pushrod, but I doubt it
-F150 interior (good, but still not on par with RAM)
-No hybrid or Pro Power setup (yet) due to lack of batteries and chips. And no one else has done it yet, so they'll push it to 2024 or 2025. Also, will wait and see how F150 does in warranty
-More APP and monetization bullshit that we'll have to opt out
-More driver hand holding and interference
-More "integration", i.e. reliance, on phone connectivity
-Sync will be Sync and no one will like it, but it will work 80% of the time so Ford won't fix it
-Apple Car Play and Android Auto will remain the thorn in the OEM's side regarding infotainment
-More Bro-Truck looks
-Bigger rims, poorer ride quality
-Tremor EVERYTHING

I would really like to see a better 6 seat option available. One that still provides AC vents/usb ports/etc for the rear passengers. The pro power inverter system in the bed would be great feature to have as well.

I also think offering the Tremor package on a SuperCab Super Duty would be pretty cool!

damnit I spit out my coffee 🤣
Note I said "superior or at least competitive" ;) They are competitive in that realm as everyone's HD trucks (GM, Ford, RAM) have problems, but no manufacturer is significantly worse or better than the others.

Now, in absolute terms, they do lag behind other automotive manufacturers, but none of them are selling trucks rated to tow 15,000 lbs or more, so it isn't relevant.

Back