I received my order Vin today

MPark

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2016 F 150
Current Ride #2
Magnetic f350 XLT 7.3 on order
For those of you who we're waiting for the vin, how long after did it go into production?

My order went in on 12/13
Received VIN on 1/21

For those of you who we're waiting for the vin, how long after did it go into production?

My order went in on 12/13
Received VIN on 1/21
Was 12/13 the day you ordered at the dealership or the day Ford picked up your order? If it helps, I ordered on Christmas Eve, Ford picked up my order 01/16 and provided an assembly start date of 02/03.

I’m curious how long I have to wait for a VIN.

12/13 was the day the dealer submitted the order.

I'm not sure how to find out when ford picked it up

I placed my order on 11/16. Listed production date was 1/4. Completed production 1/9. So 2 months so far for me.

Was 12/13 the day you ordered at the dealership or the day Ford picked up your order? If it helps, I ordered on Christmas Eve, Ford picked up my order 01/16 and provided an assembly start date of 02/03.

I’m curious how long I have to wait for a VIN.
I ordered on 1/07/2020 and recieved my VIN and notified it supposed to start assembly on 2/03/2020 on the 14th of Jan. So your VIN should be available might contact your dealer. They called me and told me.

I ordered on 1/07/2020 and recieved my VIN and notified it supposed to start assembly on 2/03/2020 on the 14th of Jan. So your VIN should be available might contact your dealer. They called me and told me.
Whoa! Same build date. That's pretty cool. I'll call the dealer.

What did you order? I'm curious if they're similar or something?

Mines a;
F-250 Platinum 6.7
Star white
Tremor pkg
Moon roof
Cab lights
And also alot of miscellaneous stuff.

Hey Rich, you and I ordered basically the same truck. Looking forward to seeing you around

The saga for me goes on. I ordered November 4th. I called my dealer today and he checked on my truck. Its being held up right now because of some factory shortages. I am ready to jump ship and go find something locally. I sold my truck in October and I really need a truck.

Attachments

• 60142497106__1E612BF5-4856-4C68-AA1A-BC8D14C7250E copy.jpg
    60142497106__1E612BF5-4856-4C68-AA1A-BC8D14C7250E copy.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 103
The saga for me goes on. I ordered November 4th. I called my dealer today and he checked on my truck. Its being held up right now because of some factory shortages. I am ready to jump ship and go find something locally. I sold my truck in October and I really need a truck.
what color did you order if you don’t mind me asking? Just seen it said paint constraint.

Hey Rich, you and I ordered basically the same truck. Looking forward to seeing you around
I see that now. That’s awesome your rig came in. Every time I drive through Missoula I’ll be on the lookout. ?

What features did you order? I went thru this a few years ago when I ordered a new Hellcat. Some cars came right away and others ( mine) took over 8 months to get shipped. My dealer thought the 7.3 gas engine would cause a delay cause everyone is excited over it.

What features did you order? I went thru this a few years ago when I ordered a new Hellcat. Some cars came right away and others ( mine) took over 8 months to get shipped. My dealer thought the 7.3 gas engine would cause a delay cause everyone is excited over it.
Iconic Silver Platinum Tremor. F350, Cab Lights, Dual Alternator, Mud Flaps, wheel well liners, spray in liner. 6.7

Last edited:
I have the same production week 2/3. Ordered 1/13 and just got a VIN this week. Much quicker than I was expecting. How long does it take for the VIN to show up in the tracker?

Iconic Silver Platinum Tremor. F350, Cab Lights, Dual Alternator, Mud Flaps, wheel well liners, spray in liner. 6.7
That sucks, I just ordered mine and the dealership said they had an allocation for a Superduty maybe when you placed your order the dealership did not have a super duty allocation. My dealership told me that they would not take my order if they did not have the allocation for the truck. I am not sure how allocations work with Ford but several years ago we all ordered Dodge Hellcats and some dealerships had allocations and some did not but many dealerships still took orders for Hellcats even though they did not have the allocation. Granted this is just a package but so was the Hellcat it was just a package for the Challenger SRT. Maybe somebody out there can tell us about Fords allocations for certain vehicles.

I confirmed that they did not have an allocation. This dealership is pretty small too. Its too bad I didn't know about this sooner, they have a much larger sister dealership closer to me that I could have used. However, I was told three weeks ago it was accepted and going to be built the following week. Now, its on hold pending all of the missing parts. Lesson learned, I'll be asking about allocations next time.

Curious is any one can chime in on the Ford Allocations???????? Something new buyers should consult the dealerships on when ordering or nothing to worry about?????

Back