I hate my lower back! Any seat options/solutions for the F250?

Phatjoe

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Hi,

I'm new here! :) I test drove the Tremor yesterday and love the truck. Unfortunately, even just a 10 minute drive I can feel discomfort in my lower back (I did play around a lot with the seat controls). It feels like I need the lumbar support to retract further back into the seat.

I had the same issue with the Ford Raptor, but I didnt have that issue with the Raptor equipped with the blue accent package (recaro seats).

Anyone else have this issue? Any recommendations to solve this problem? I'd like to purchase a Tremor at the end of this month.

My back is shit as well but no seats help it. Took the Tremor for its first off road drive yesterday and was def sore after. Same with my 150 though. Even the multi contour seats in my Lincoln MKZ hurt me after extended periods.And they were like 30 way adjustable or something silly.

I wish there was an option for me but there just isn’t. No matter what I drive or sleep on it’s never 100% comfortable. But not the seat or beds fault. It’s my wack backs fault. I hope you find a solution.

Hi,

I'm new here! :) I test drove the Tremor yesterday and love the truck. Unfortunately, even just a 10 minute drive I can feel discomfort in my lower back (I did play around a lot with the seat controls). It feels like I need the lumbar support to retract further back into the seat.

I had the same issue with the Ford Raptor, but I didnt have that issue with the Raptor equipped with the blue accent package (recaro seats).

Anyone else have this issue? Any recommendations to solve this problem? I'd like to purchase a Tremor at the end of this month.

Yes, i have back problems as well but after the 7400 miles the seats are more comfortable now did help with a 5400 mile road trip and they are better then my 2012 Lariat F150 and 2018 Edge Titan so they get better with wear but the lumbar doesn't go back as far as my f150 but it 8 years old and 146k miles on the clock

I also have Back problems.....I don't have issues with the seats though. One thing to try, after deflating the lumbar....instead of leaning the seat back a little, try tipping it forward to a more upright position....I find that takes pressure off my lower back. Then I actually inflate the lumbar just a little to fill in the gap......but thats all i got....and Bourbon!

Get the massages seats. And use the heat, even in summer. I put the seat heat on 2, then use the massage function even just around town. Helps a ton.

same here, guys... I have the back problems, too... and after several major surgeries, I don't see mine getting a whole lot better, but I'm always hopeful.
Nothing seems to help my back more than getting out of the truck every now & then and walk around. Gone are the days where I could sit in the p/up for 8+ hrs straight ?

Get the massages seats. And use the heat, even in summer. I put the seat heat on 2, then use the massage function even just around town. Helps a ton.
I tired the massaging seat and I didn't like them ... They didn't help they made it worst for me ... So I went with the Lariat just because I didn't like the seats and the chrome the higher trims have... I been looking at adding my own massage padding but haven't found anything that's good to work on the heat and cooled seat ... So I just deal with it

I have lower back fused on L3L4L5 over 19 years ago.
Did not want leather, my GMCS LEATHER seat sucked but the cloth was perfect. Ford is exact opposite and these seats in Lariat are very good . Lumbar adjust are spot on for me anyways. Hope you can get something that will work !!!!
Completely understand how important it is

Last edited:
Another blown back here but in my case, need all the lumbar I can get.

Hope you find relief.

Welcome to the forum @Phatjoe - I wonder if you can just swap seats? Maybe keep an eye on ebay for a used set?

Welcome to the forum @Phatjoe - I wonder if you can just swap seats? Maybe keep an eye on ebay for a used set?
i know you can put the plat seats in the truck they will bolt up but will they wire up the same there is a plug or wiring for the massaging feature in the seat ... you can control using the button on the chair and on the sync 3 screen which you can add to your screen if you use forscan

Back